From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The Voice - 2019 - Season 16 ( I Think)

Message 61 of 85

The opener with Lisa and Betsy was my favorite performance. I would also have gone with Lisa, but nice that Betsy was stolen. Andrew was on my list and he moves forward, but I lost Jackson, and that opens a spot on my team. Rebecca and David were well paired, and Rebecca was the surprise for me. I thought that David was very good, and really thought that Blake was going to steal him. At least he gets another chance backstage, even though I'm not following that segment. Someone will eventually emerge.  The rest were so-so. Depending on what happens tonight, I might add Lisa to my open spot.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 85

Hi, Everyone,

Out of the 14 artists that battled last night, only 2 were on my "one star" list and one was on my "two star" list! So, needless to say it was a night for me to listen to folks who had never been on my radar. I lost Jackson Marlow, nephew of Red. Luckily Betsy Ade was stolen by Kelly, and Kalvin, my two star, was saved by Adam.

I was impressed with the battle between Kelly's Rebecca and David. She saved Rebecca, a 3 chair turn, and David at least went to "comebacks" for another chance.

Did anyone else notice they "fast forwarded" through one of Blake's and one of Kelly's battles? If that prevents some of the "unheard" performances that we've had in the past, then that is fine with me. I'd rather some of the banter and even rehearsals be cut than whole performances.

Looks like we have 5 battles to go. I sure hope they can squeeze them in tonight even if they have to cut some stuff. N.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 85

I thought that all of the battles were fairly evenly matched, so it was sometimes hard to choose. Celia and LB are both on my list, and they advanced. I was so happy that Karly was saved by Blake. Looks like all of the coaches have used one steal. So each have one steal remaining, right?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 85

Hi,

I didn't enjoy last night's battles as much as last week's until the last one between Team Blake's Kim and Kendra, Neither of those were even on my radar until last night! They were both so powerful!

Only 3 of last night's artists were on my "one star" list, and of course LB was my only "two star" artist singing last night.

I was happy Celia, Dexter, and LB were saved. I lost Rizzi and Dalton from my "one stars." N.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 85

Hi, All, I thought the Battles were off to a great start last night. They all sounded wonderful to me. Glad that all but 2 of the saved or stolen artists had either a star or double star from me!

@nyadrn , We agree on some of Adam's artists...I had already double starred LB Crew, Kalvin Jarvis, and had a star next to Celia. Cat Happy I also liked Trey Rose, but he was not stolen last night.

Wondering why there is not a Tuesday show this week. According to my TV Guide that arrived today, there won't be a Tuesday show until April 9th. I hope this doesn't mean there will be a lot of "un-heard" performances.

Happy listening! N.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 85

The battles were really good, and some too close to call. Maelyn on Team Legend is my favorite female vocalist, so far. She was paired with Savanna who did a nice job, but hardly her equal. And to everyone's surprise, John paired his 4-chair turns. John chose Shawn and good on Kelly who stole Matthew. I like Matthew. John also stole Beth from Kelly who had a tight battle with Jej.

Kelly kept Jej and The Bundys. I couldn't understand her pairing Mikaela against The Bundys. They were so kind to her, and she's so young. She was better in rehearsals, but I thought she did very well to be one so young up against three so mature. It just isn't right in my mind. I do like The Bundys, but I'd rather see a separate group competition.

I was happy to see Adam keep Domenic who had a close battle with Trey. The song seemed better suited to Trey, but Domenic handled it very well, and I thought he was a better performer overall.

Blake paired Gyth and Rod, and then chose Gyth. They were practically a toss up, but I like Rod and glad that Adam stole him. 

Is it me, or does it seem that the coaches already know which battles will need a steal? 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 85

@catwoman500 wrote:

Hi, Everyone,

I'm glad I had the chance to review the teams last night. It helped me remember who some of them were.

I did double star a few like Shawn Sounds and Maelyn Jarmon, Team Legend, Jej Vinson, Team Kelly, Selkii, Team Blake, and Kalvin Jarvis and LB Crew, Team Adam. For some that I reheard last night I wondered why I didn't star them in the first place. HA! So of course now I have a few more that I'm interested in...that figures.

I want to hear more especially from the ones I gave the stars and double stars.

On with the battles. Yay for the steals! N.

Hi and thank you for the recap!!

you know I love team Adam.  

Domenic Haynes

LB Crew

Kalvin Jarvis

Celua Bambini

I hope hope hope my favs stay!!   Should be fun but sometimes really bad if they put two favs up against each other.  

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 85

Hi, Everyone,

I'm glad I had the chance to review the teams last night. It helped me remember who some of them were.

I did double star a few like Shawn Sounds and Maelyn Jarmon, Team Legend, Jej Vinson, Team Kelly, Selkii, Team Blake, and Kalvin Jarvis and LB Crew, Team Adam. For some that I reheard last night I wondered why I didn't star them in the first place. HA! So of course now I have a few more that I'm interested in...that figures.

I want to hear more especially from the ones I gave the stars and double stars.

On with the battles. Yay for the steals! N.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 85

@catwoman500 wrote:

Hi!

So now all teams are full and we are ready for the Battles.

I'm so happy she picked Red Marlow's (Team Blake season 13) nephew Jackson as her last artist. N.

Since the show determines the position of the people trying out, I think they purposely left him for last because of who he was.  

A lot of what they do is with a purpose and I don’t really like that at all.  

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 85

@catwoman500  - Yes, there were several that I liked, also, including the first two ladies to audition.  I'm glad that Kelly finally got her male country artist. He seems very good, also. 

I don't have any favorites, but so far, I've tagged 2 from Team Kelly, 3 from Team Legend, 3 from Team Blake, and 4 from Team Adam. All of the teams seem pretty well balanced. Looking forward to the battle rounds. It should be interesting. I wonder how Kelly will choose to deal with the trio dilemma.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors