Honored Social Butterfly

The Voice - 2019 - Season 16 ( I Think)

I watched most of it last night and seems to be a lot of good talent -

The judges all seemed to click - cleverly - amusingly.  Although, sorry to say, Adam has given me some disappointment recently musically speaking ( Atlanta SuperBowl Half-Time)

Blake seems to be picking up some very different style talent - A Rapper ?  (Though she was good)

I usually don't start remembering the individual names until a llttle later on -

Anybody with any comments thus far?

Honored Social Butterfly

@nyadrn - I think that Adam & Blake have a long-term "bookending" of the other coaches, with their ongoing love/hate bromance. That seems to force some of the newer coaches - especially the women - to develop a larger-than-life, slightly full-of-themselves personna, so they don't fade into the background. I felt that way about Jennifer "J-Hud Productions" Hudson, and Kelly Clarkson is getting just as bad. Coaches like Alicia Keyes & John Legend seem to go the opposite way, being the quiet, spiritual "Zen Coaches."

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Recognized Social Butterfly

And I hope Alicia comes back! I loved her quiet power and meaningful coaching.

I also liked Shakira! Cat Happy

I did pick out a couple more that I thought were good this week. N.

Honored Social Butterfly

Maybe I'm being too picky, but I only heard a couple of artists this week that I made note of. Even some of the 4-chair turns left me thinking - what? Okay, good but not great! A couple of 2-chair turns actually caught more of my attention. But on to next week . . . The teams are filling up faster, it seems. 

Agree, I'm tired of Kelly and J-Hud and Miley. I hope they will bring new female coaches next time around. I like the zen coaches too! 

"Music can change the world because it can change people." - Bono
Honored Social Butterfly

@MaVolta - I didn't mind Miley, but J Hud got on my nerves pretty fast.

Honored Social Butterfly

Only one show this week. I checked off a couple of artists, but most were so-so, IMO. John has one spot, Blake has two, Adam and Kelly need three. Maybe the blinds are wrapping up next week.

Hi, All,

I tried to be more picky with my choices so far this season, and I did pretty well, but as always I probably have too many already with only one more round of blinds to go.  As of now I like 2 on Team Adam, 4 on Team Legend, 2 on Team Kelly, and 3 on Team Blake. I didn't "double star" any one yet, so for me there are no real standouts, but I'm leaning toward Shawn Sounds, the 4 chair turn teacher on John's team. N.

Hi!

So now all teams are full and we are ready for the Battles.

Last night I think they were right when they saidthe best was yet to come. I liked 6 of the artists I heard! But, as we said, nothing so great I'm really raving. I'm thinking I'm going to have to hear more to make any gung-ho decisions.

Last night John Legend said he had the best team and it seems I have starred 5 on his team, but also 5 on Blake's. I'm liking 4 on Team Adam and only 3 on Team Kelly.

I'm so happy she picked Red Marlow's (Team Blake season 13) nephew Jackson as her last artist. N.

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 wrote:

Hi!

So now all teams are full and we are ready for the Battles.

I'm so happy she picked Red Marlow's (Team Blake season 13) nephew Jackson as her last artist. N.

Since the show determines the position of the people trying out, I think they purposely left him for last because of who he was.  

A lot of what they do is with a purpose and I don’t really like that at all.  

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith

Hi, Everyone,

I'm glad I had the chance to review the teams last night. It helped me remember who some of them were.

I did double star a few like Shawn Sounds and Maelyn Jarmon, Team Legend, Jej Vinson, Team Kelly, Selkii, Team Blake, and Kalvin Jarvis and LB Crew, Team Adam. For some that I reheard last night I wondered why I didn't star them in the first place. HA! So of course now I have a few more that I'm interested in...that figures.

I want to hear more especially from the ones I gave the stars and double stars.

On with the battles. Yay for the steals! N.

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 wrote:

Hi, Everyone,

I'm glad I had the chance to review the teams last night. It helped me remember who some of them were.

I did double star a few like Shawn Sounds and Maelyn Jarmon, Team Legend, Jej Vinson, Team Kelly, Selkii, Team Blake, and Kalvin Jarvis and LB Crew, Team Adam. For some that I reheard last night I wondered why I didn't star them in the first place. HA! So of course now I have a few more that I'm interested in...that figures.

I want to hear more especially from the ones I gave the stars and double stars.

On with the battles. Yay for the steals! N.

Hi and thank you for the recap!!

you know I love team Adam.  

Domenic Haynes

LB Crew

Kalvin Jarvis

Celua Bambini

I hope hope hope my favs stay!!   Should be fun but sometimes really bad if they put two favs up against each other.  

Hi, All, I thought the Battles were off to a great start last night. They all sounded wonderful to me. Glad that all but 2 of the saved or stolen artists had either a star or double star from me!

@nyadrn , We agree on some of Adam's artists...I had already double starred LB Crew, Kalvin Jarvis, and had a star next to Celia. Cat Happy I also liked Trey Rose, but he was not stolen last night.

Wondering why there is not a Tuesday show this week. According to my TV Guide that arrived today, there won't be a Tuesday show until April 9th. I hope this doesn't mean there will be a lot of "un-heard" performances.

Happy listening! N.

Hi,

I didn't enjoy last night's battles as much as last week's until the last one between Team Blake's Kim and Kendra, Neither of those were even on my radar until last night! They were both so powerful!

Only 3 of last night's artists were on my "one star" list, and of course LB was my only "two star" artist singing last night.

I was happy Celia, Dexter, and LB were saved. I lost Rizzi and Dalton from my "one stars." N.

Honored Social Butterfly

I thought that all of the battles were fairly evenly matched, so it was sometimes hard to choose. Celia and LB are both on my list, and they advanced. I was so happy that Karly was saved by Blake. Looks like all of the coaches have used one steal. So each have one steal remaining, right?

Hi, Everyone,

Out of the 14 artists that battled last night, only 2 were on my "one star" list and one was on my "two star" list! So, needless to say it was a night for me to listen to folks who had never been on my radar. I lost Jackson Marlow, nephew of Red. Luckily Betsy Ade was stolen by Kelly, and Kalvin, my two star, was saved by Adam.

I was impressed with the battle between Kelly's Rebecca and David. She saved Rebecca, a 3 chair turn, and David at least went to "comebacks" for another chance.

Did anyone else notice they "fast forwarded" through one of Blake's and one of Kelly's battles? If that prevents some of the "unheard" performances that we've had in the past, then that is fine with me. I'd rather some of the banter and even rehearsals be cut than whole performances.

Looks like we have 5 battles to go. I sure hope they can squeeze them in tonight even if they have to cut some stuff. N.

Honored Social Butterfly

The opener with Lisa and Betsy was my favorite performance. I would also have gone with Lisa, but nice that Betsy was stolen. Andrew was on my list and he moves forward, but I lost Jackson, and that opens a spot on my team. Rebecca and David were well paired, and Rebecca was the surprise for me. I thought that David was very good, and really thought that Blake was going to steal him. At least he gets another chance backstage, even though I'm not following that segment. Someone will eventually emerge.  The rest were so-so. Depending on what happens tonight, I might add Lisa to my open spot.

If they had made better use of the time, they might have been able to show all 5 battles last night rather than throw 2 unheard battles at us in a few seconds. I had nothing invested in the unheard artists, but it would have been nice to hear them again before 2 of them went home.

Only 2 of the artists I am interested in performed last night and of course they were pitted against each other on Team Blake. Selkie was my two star and Cecily was a one star, so I lost Cecily.

Not sure what these upcoming “cross-battles” are all about since I didn’t read anything about them. Are they going to replace the Knockouts? Did I hear that no one know who battles whom until it’s time to perform? Yikes! From the name “cross-battles” I’m thinking that people from one team are battling someone from another team. That seems weird to me.

For my faves at this time I have LB and Kalvin with 2 stars on Team Adam, Shawn and Maelyn with 2 stars on Team Legend, Jej with 2 stars on Team Kelly, and Selkie with 2 stars on Team Blake. Also on Team Adam I like Rod and Celia, on Team Legend I like Beth and Kayslin, on Team Kelly I like Mathew and The Bundys, and on Team Blake, Dexter. N.

Honored Social Butterfly

The top battles for me were Selkii and Cecily, and then Kayslin and Oliv. The rest were so-so. I agree that they could have better edited the show to include all of the performances. There were only 5, and they had a lot of "fluff" filling in between. I FF through a lot of it anyway since I record everything.

@catwoman500  - I hadn't heard about the new cross-battles either, so it does appear to be replacing knock-outs. The promo says that artists won't know their competitor until they walk on stage. Each coach gets one save and one steal, but the rest is audience voting (tweet votes?). 

My top 8 (since the app just eliminated the other 4) are - 

From team Legend: Maelyn, Lisa, Kayslin

From team Adam: Celia, Dominic, LB

From team Blake: Andrew, Selkii

I also had Matthew and The Bundys from team Kelly, along with Rod (team Adam) and Karly (team Blake) but the app dropped them as of today.

Hi, Everyone,

@MaVolta ...yes, I just heard the most recent promo for the cross battles and they say we vote live, so that has to be Tweets, dang it.

Sure hope when the finals roll around we can vote online as I don't do the app or Twitter. N.

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500  @MaVolta 

I took a minute to check the ratings between The Voice and American Idol who moved to a head to head time slot and so far The Voice is easily beating American Idol.   

Now back to the show..  I am interested to see the new Cross Battles which are head to head battles across teams.  There are several very talented artists on the teams but one bad performance or a head to head against a team whose followers vote more can knock out someone far too early and that is scary so I am eager to see how the voting works.  I have the app but I dont use twitter.  

Glad you are still watching!

Honored Social Butterfly

@nyadrn  - You make a good point about the twitter voting blocks. Just for kicks, I checked the twitter accounts (you can google it without joining). Blake has 20+m followers, Kelly and John have 12+m, and Adam 8+m. I don't think that viewers necessarily vote for someone because of the coach, but there is certainly an edge in the following that may attract more country music viewers to vote for those artists.

Honored Social Butterfly

The battles were really good, and some too close to call. Maelyn on Team Legend is my favorite female vocalist, so far. She was paired with Savanna who did a nice job, but hardly her equal. And to everyone's surprise, John paired his 4-chair turns. John chose Shawn and good on Kelly who stole Matthew. I like Matthew. John also stole Beth from Kelly who had a tight battle with Jej.

Kelly kept Jej and The Bundys. I couldn't understand her pairing Mikaela against The Bundys. They were so kind to her, and she's so young. She was better in rehearsals, but I thought she did very well to be one so young up against three so mature. It just isn't right in my mind. I do like The Bundys, but I'd rather see a separate group competition.

I was happy to see Adam keep Domenic who had a close battle with Trey. The song seemed better suited to Trey, but Domenic handled it very well, and I thought he was a better performer overall.

Blake paired Gyth and Rod, and then chose Gyth. They were practically a toss up, but I like Rod and glad that Adam stole him. 

Is it me, or does it seem that the coaches already know which battles will need a steal? 

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500  - Yes, there were several that I liked, also, including the first two ladies to audition.  I'm glad that Kelly finally got her male country artist. He seems very good, also. 

I don't have any favorites, but so far, I've tagged 2 from Team Kelly, 3 from Team Legend, 3 from Team Blake, and 4 from Team Adam. All of the teams seem pretty well balanced. Looking forward to the battle rounds. It should be interesting. I wonder how Kelly will choose to deal with the trio dilemma.

Honored Social Butterfly

@ASTRAEA wrote:

@nyadrn - I think that Adam & Blake have a long-term "bookending" of the other coaches, with their ongoing love/hate bromance. That seems to force some of the newer coaches - especially the women - to develop a larger-than-life, slightly full-of-themselves personna, so they don't fade into the background. I felt that way about Jennifer "J-Hud Productions" Hudson, and Kelly Clarkson is getting just as bad. Coaches like Alicia Keyes & John Legend seem to go the opposite way, being the quiet, spiritual "Zen Coaches."

I would definitely agree with that.   I would actually like to see Christina back for a season. 

0 Kudos

Hi, All,

Yes, @ASTRAEA it is season 16. Cat Happy

I've been watching and taking notes. There are a few I've put stars next to, but as you say, it will take until the Blinds are over and we hear more from each artist. In the 2 shows so far no one jumped out yet like Jordan Smith, Casi Joy, and Alisan Porter in their respective seasons.

John Legend is so cool! Cat Very Happy

I love Kelly, but already she's beginning to annoy me with her interruptions.

So Bebe Rexha is the Comeback coach. That was so unnecessary last season I thought maybe they's discontinue that sideshow.

Happy viewing!  N.

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 - I'm tired of the % of discussion by the coaches that's about themselves & each other, compared to their discussion about the artists! What a welcome John Legend got to the show; they all blew their blocks keeping him from even competing for artists! In one case, one of the coaches even said that it left the artist with no choice of coach, because the 2nd coach was blocked from "Wanting" them! Those blocks make it impossible for the best artists to have bragging rights for a 4-chair turn, because one of the coaches has been blocked .. how fair is that to the artists?!