Take a look at how people age around the world with this AARP special report: A New Age.

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The Voice - 2019 - Season 16 ( I Think)

Message 71 of 85

Hi!

So now all teams are full and we are ready for the Battles.

Last night I think they were right when they saidthe best was yet to come. I liked 6 of the artists I heard! But, as we said, nothing so great I'm really raving. I'm thinking I'm going to have to hear more to make any gung-ho decisions.

Last night John Legend said he had the best team and it seems I have starred 5 on his team, but also 5 on Blake's. I'm liking 4 on Team Adam and only 3 on Team Kelly.

I'm so happy she picked Red Marlow's (Team Blake season 13) nephew Jackson as her last artist. N.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 85

Hi, All,

I tried to be more picky with my choices so far this season, and I did pretty well, but as always I probably have too many already with only one more round of blinds to go.  As of now I like 2 on Team Adam, 4 on Team Legend, 2 on Team Kelly, and 3 on Team Blake. I didn't "double star" any one yet, so for me there are no real standouts, but I'm leaning toward Shawn Sounds, the 4 chair turn teacher on John's team. N.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 85

Only one show this week. I checked off a couple of artists, but most were so-so, IMO. John has one spot, Blake has two, Adam and Kelly need three. Maybe the blinds are wrapping up next week.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 85

@MaVolta - I didn't mind Miley, but J Hud got on my nerves pretty fast.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 85

Maybe I'm being too picky, but I only heard a couple of artists this week that I made note of. Even some of the 4-chair turns left me thinking - what? Okay, good but not great! A couple of 2-chair turns actually caught more of my attention. But on to next week . . . The teams are filling up faster, it seems. 

Agree, I'm tired of Kelly and J-Hud and Miley. I hope they will bring new female coaches next time around. I like the zen coaches too! 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 85

And I hope Alicia comes back! I loved her quiet power and meaningful coaching.

I also liked Shakira! Cat Happy

I did pick out a couple more that I thought were good this week. N.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 85

@ASTRAEA wrote:

@nyadrn - I think that Adam & Blake have a long-term "bookending" of the other coaches, with their ongoing love/hate bromance. That seems to force some of the newer coaches - especially the women - to develop a larger-than-life, slightly full-of-themselves personna, so they don't fade into the background. I felt that way about Jennifer "J-Hud Productions" Hudson, and Kelly Clarkson is getting just as bad. Coaches like Alicia Keyes & John Legend seem to go the opposite way, being the quiet, spiritual "Zen Coaches."

I would definitely agree with that.   I would actually like to see Christina back for a season. 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 85

@nyadrn - I think that Adam & Blake have a long-term "bookending" of the other coaches, with their ongoing love/hate bromance. That seems to force some of the newer coaches - especially the women - to develop a larger-than-life, slightly full-of-themselves personna, so they don't fade into the background. I felt that way about Jennifer "J-Hud Productions" Hudson, and Kelly Clarkson is getting just as bad. Coaches like Alicia Keyes & John Legend seem to go the opposite way, being the quiet, spiritual "Zen Coaches."

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 85

I don’t like the come back stage.   I don’t care about the blocks.  

Hope for some good talent.   Several I like so far.

Kelly is too loud for my taste. She is annoying but has won twice.  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 85

@GailL1 wrote:

I watched most of it last night and seems to be a lot of good talent -

The judges all seemed to click - cleverly - amusingly.  Although, sorry to say, Adam has given me some disappointment recently musically speaking ( Atlanta SuperBowl Half-Time)

Blake seems to be picking up some very different style talent - A Rapper ?  (Though she was good)

I usually don't start remembering the individual names until a llttle later on -

Anybody with any comments thus far?

Thanks for the topic.  

Kudos
Views