With an AARP membership, there’s always more to discover! Check out your member benefits.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The Voice - 2019 - Season 16 ( I Think)

Message 1 of 74

Ditto!! 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 74

@nyadrn ...ditto on changing the format. Hope they "deep-six" the crossovers!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 74

@catwoman500 wrote:

@MaVolta ...YES! The right person won this time (IMO) I voted only for her Monday night.

I read that all 4 coaches will be back next season.  :catvery-happy:

I agree. I voted for her too.  

I hope to heck the show changes their format next season.  

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 74

@MaVolta ...YES! The right person won this time (IMO) I voted only for her Monday night.

I read that all 4 coaches will be back next season.  :catvery-happy:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 74

One correction: I overlooked Gyth's new single that came in at #5.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 74

I voted for Maelyn!!  And I hope that she will win it.  Maelyn started off with her new single - an upbeat, catchy tune, Wait for You. That was followed with a beautiful cover of Unforgettable (Nat King Cole) with coach John Legend. But the icing on the cake was her amazing version of Hallelujah to end the show. All three songs are on iTunes top 10!!!

All of the performances were very good, and there was a lot of variety on Team Blake. My favorite, and runner up vote goes to Andrew. Andrew's single is the only other to make the iTunes top 10. His songs were more rock influenced, and his performances were his best of the season. Meanwhile, Dexter and Gyth were more predictably country.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 74

Yes, it seems to be Maelyn vs Team Blake. I still think that she's got a great chance to win. It was a shame to see Shawn go home. I thought maybe Rod would win the tweet-off, but Blake seems to have a lot of loyal tweeters. Andrew looked shocked when Carson called his name. 

I'll be watching and rooting for Maelyn next week! 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 74

Hmmm, Glad Maelyn and Dexter made it to the Finale, but I am really bummed about Shawn.

3 of Blakes and one Team Legend. Just doesn't seem right. N.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 74

@catwoman500  -  I liked the same performances! The Beatles duets were a lot of fun to watch. 

Maelyn and Rod with Yesterday was outstanding. Maelyn had some interesting and difficult intervals to have to sing, and she did it perfectly. Maelyn is still my #1 artist, with Shawn and Dexter following. I thought Kim did a good job with singing on both her solo and duet. I had to reward her with some points for that, too.  I also liked Andrew from Team Blake. Rod was just okay, Carter had a bad night and struggled with pitch issues, Gyth wasn't his best either, but he still made the itunes top ten at #9, behind Maelyn at at #3.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 74

Hi, Everyone,

Last night the top eight artists each did a new song and a Beatles duet. I had been thinking that all the songs were going to be Beatles songs, so was a teeny bit disappointed, but enjoyed the show. Oh wow for Maelyn! Her "Stay" was amazing and her duet of "Yesterday" with Rod was outstanding.

I also liked Kim and Shawn with "Eleanor Rigby," Kim by herself with "Together Again," Dexter with "Here Without You," and of course Shawn with "A Song for You."

Kim has been a dark horse in this race, but being saved last week has given her more confidence IMO.

I did give her a few votes, but my loyalty lies with Maelyn and Shawn, with Dexter a close second or third.

My friend texted me last night that if Maelyn doesn't win she's never watching the show again.Cat Tongue

Hoping for the best tonight. N.

Kudos
Views