Staying Sharp empowers you to take control of your brain health as you age. Try it today!

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The Voice - 2019 - Season 16 ( I Think)

Message 21 of 85

Hi, Everyone,

Last night the top eight artists each did a new song and a Beatles duet. I had been thinking that all the songs were going to be Beatles songs, so was a teeny bit disappointed, but enjoyed the show. Oh wow for Maelyn! Her "Stay" was amazing and her duet of "Yesterday" with Rod was outstanding.

I also liked Kim and Shawn with "Eleanor Rigby," Kim by herself with "Together Again," Dexter with "Here Without You," and of course Shawn with "A Song for You."

Kim has been a dark horse in this race, but being saved last week has given her more confidence IMO.

I did give her a few votes, but my loyalty lies with Maelyn and Shawn, with Dexter a close second or third.

My friend texted me last night that if Maelyn doesn't win she's never watching the show again.Cat Tongue

Hoping for the best tonight. N.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 85

I was also happy to see Maelyn and Shawn voted through, and hoping they will get to the finals. They are my top two, as well. I hated to see LB go. He was such a joy to watch. I wasn't too surprised to see Kim win the tweet-off, but I don't care for her music, either. I think that Rod from Team Kelly is getting voted through by the same fans voting for the four guys on Team Blake. It will be a shame if the finals turn out to be these same five guys. So here's hoping that semi-finals will sort them out a little better. Of the five, I think Dexter might have the best voice, but probably Gyth is the odds-on favorite to win at this point.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 85

Well, once again Adam is shut out of the game. Gee whiz…This is so nuts. Blake sits with five artists, John has 2, and Kelly one. I agree with @nyadrn ...I sure hope the powers that be realize this format was a bust and return to normalcy next season. If not, they will be losing some viewers.

I’m so glad my top 2 (Maelyn and Shawn) are still there. Dexter is my only other original “like,” but Rod has been sounding good lately. Still have a feeling Gyth will win. I’m happy that Kim made it through even though I’m not into her style of music.

Next week should be interesting with Beatles duets! N.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 85

@PatrickR720159 wrote:

I am glad the original thread has gone viral!  The Voice is a much, much better TV show than American Idol.  They are even open to people our age and wouldn't mind us being on there.  The Voice and America's Got Talent are managed exactly like talent shows should be managed.  They know that God sets the age limit.  Not some idiot creating a talent show.  If I was in charge of American Idol such as the CEO of Core Media group, that show would have been torn down and started over.  And the upper age limit of 28 would have been tossed out with the trash.

Glad you are enjoying the show. I like America’s Got Talent as well. 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 85

@catwoman500 wrote:

@MaVolta ...Yes, I watched. Not giving up now. HA!

Maelyn and Shawn are my top 2. Also enjoyed Jej, LB, Oliv, Rod, and Dexter last night.

Tonight they cut to 8 artists. I hope those make the cut. N.

Rooting for LB and Madelyn.  

Not my favorite season. Really hope they go back to the old format next season.  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 85

@MaVolta wrote:

So did anyone else watch the show last night?  I have to admit to being curious, and I do enjoy the music, for the most part.

My favorite performances were Maelyn and Shawn from Team Legend. I'm hoping that they make the cut tonight. 

@MaVolta @catwoman500   Yes I watched 

Maelyn, LB    Are two of my favs. Fingers crossed for LB!

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 85

I am glad the original thread has gone viral!  The Voice is a much, much better TV show than American Idol.  They are even open to people our age and wouldn't mind us being on there.  The Voice and America's Got Talent are managed exactly like talent shows should be managed.  They know that God sets the age limit.  Not some idiot creating a talent show.  If I was in charge of American Idol such as the CEO of Core Media group, that show would have been torn down and started over.  And the upper age limit of 28 would have been tossed out with the trash.

Seniors are just antique people rich with history.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 85

@MaVolta ...Yes, I watched. Not giving up now. HA!

Maelyn and Shawn are my top 2. Also enjoyed Jej, LB, Oliv, Rod, and Dexter last night.

Tonight they cut to 8 artists. I hope those make the cut. N.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 85

So did anyone else watch the show last night?  I have to admit to being curious, and I do enjoy the music, for the most part.

My favorite performances were Maelyn and Shawn from Team Legend. I'm hoping that they make the cut tonight. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 85

@MaVolta Thanks for explaining; don't think I like this latest gimmick either.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors