Honored Social Butterfly

The Voice - 2019 - Season 16 ( I Think)

I watched most of it last night and seems to be a lot of good talent -

The judges all seemed to click - cleverly - amusingly.  Although, sorry to say, Adam has given me some disappointment recently musically speaking ( Atlanta SuperBowl Half-Time)

Blake seems to be picking up some very different style talent - A Rapper ?  (Though she was good)

I usually don't start remembering the individual names until a llttle later on -

Anybody with any comments thus far?

Super Contributor

I am glad the original thread has gone viral!  The Voice is a much, much better TV show than American Idol.  They are even open to people our age and wouldn't mind us being on there.  The Voice and America's Got Talent are managed exactly like talent shows should be managed.  They know that God sets the age limit.  Not some idiot creating a talent show.  If I was in charge of American Idol such as the CEO of Core Media group, that show would have been torn down and started over.  And the upper age limit of 28 would have been tossed out with the trash.

Seniors are just antique people rich with history.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@PatrickR720159 wrote:

I am glad the original thread has gone viral!  The Voice is a much, much better TV show than American Idol.  They are even open to people our age and wouldn't mind us being on there.  The Voice and America's Got Talent are managed exactly like talent shows should be managed.  They know that God sets the age limit.  Not some idiot creating a talent show.  If I was in charge of American Idol such as the CEO of Core Media group, that show would have been torn down and started over.  And the upper age limit of 28 would have been tossed out with the trash.

Glad you are enjoying the show. I like America’s Got Talent as well. 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

So did anyone else watch the show last night?  I have to admit to being curious, and I do enjoy the music, for the most part.

My favorite performances were Maelyn and Shawn from Team Legend. I'm hoping that they make the cut tonight. 

"Music can change the world because it can change people." - Bono
Honored Social Butterfly

@MaVolta wrote:

So did anyone else watch the show last night?  I have to admit to being curious, and I do enjoy the music, for the most part.

My favorite performances were Maelyn and Shawn from Team Legend. I'm hoping that they make the cut tonight. 

@MaVolta @catwoman500   Yes I watched 

Maelyn, LB    Are two of my favs. Fingers crossed for LB!

0 Kudos
Recognized Social Butterfly

@MaVolta ...Yes, I watched. Not giving up now. HA!

Maelyn and Shawn are my top 2. Also enjoyed Jej, LB, Oliv, Rod, and Dexter last night.

Tonight they cut to 8 artists. I hope those make the cut. N.

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 wrote:

@MaVolta ...Yes, I watched. Not giving up now. HA!

Maelyn and Shawn are my top 2. Also enjoyed Jej, LB, Oliv, Rod, and Dexter last night.

Tonight they cut to 8 artists. I hope those make the cut. N.

Rooting for LB and Madelyn.  

Not my favorite season. Really hope they go back to the old format next season.  

Well, once again Adam is shut out of the game. Gee whiz…This is so nuts. Blake sits with five artists, John has 2, and Kelly one. I agree with @nyadrn ...I sure hope the powers that be realize this format was a bust and return to normalcy next season. If not, they will be losing some viewers.

I’m so glad my top 2 (Maelyn and Shawn) are still there. Dexter is my only other original “like,” but Rod has been sounding good lately. Still have a feeling Gyth will win. I’m happy that Kim made it through even though I’m not into her style of music.

Next week should be interesting with Beatles duets! N.

Honored Social Butterfly

I was also happy to see Maelyn and Shawn voted through, and hoping they will get to the finals. They are my top two, as well. I hated to see LB go. He was such a joy to watch. I wasn't too surprised to see Kim win the tweet-off, but I don't care for her music, either. I think that Rod from Team Kelly is getting voted through by the same fans voting for the four guys on Team Blake. It will be a shame if the finals turn out to be these same five guys. So here's hoping that semi-finals will sort them out a little better. Of the five, I think Dexter might have the best voice, but probably Gyth is the odds-on favorite to win at this point.

Hi, Everyone,

Last night the top eight artists each did a new song and a Beatles duet. I had been thinking that all the songs were going to be Beatles songs, so was a teeny bit disappointed, but enjoyed the show. Oh wow for Maelyn! Her "Stay" was amazing and her duet of "Yesterday" with Rod was outstanding.

I also liked Kim and Shawn with "Eleanor Rigby," Kim by herself with "Together Again," Dexter with "Here Without You," and of course Shawn with "A Song for You."

Kim has been a dark horse in this race, but being saved last week has given her more confidence IMO.

I did give her a few votes, but my loyalty lies with Maelyn and Shawn, with Dexter a close second or third.

My friend texted me last night that if Maelyn doesn't win she's never watching the show again.Cat Tongue

Hoping for the best tonight. N.

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500  -  I liked the same performances! The Beatles duets were a lot of fun to watch. 

Maelyn and Rod with Yesterday was outstanding. Maelyn had some interesting and difficult intervals to have to sing, and she did it perfectly. Maelyn is still my #1 artist, with Shawn and Dexter following. I thought Kim did a good job with singing on both her solo and duet. I had to reward her with some points for that, too.  I also liked Andrew from Team Blake. Rod was just okay, Carter had a bad night and struggled with pitch issues, Gyth wasn't his best either, but he still made the itunes top ten at #9, behind Maelyn at at #3.

Hmmm, Glad Maelyn and Dexter made it to the Finale, but I am really bummed about Shawn.

3 of Blakes and one Team Legend. Just doesn't seem right. N.

Honored Social Butterfly

Yes, it seems to be Maelyn vs Team Blake. I still think that she's got a great chance to win. It was a shame to see Shawn go home. I thought maybe Rod would win the tweet-off, but Blake seems to have a lot of loyal tweeters. Andrew looked shocked when Carson called his name. 

I'll be watching and rooting for Maelyn next week! 

Honored Social Butterfly

I voted for Maelyn!!  And I hope that she will win it.  Maelyn started off with her new single - an upbeat, catchy tune, Wait for You. That was followed with a beautiful cover of Unforgettable (Nat King Cole) with coach John Legend. But the icing on the cake was her amazing version of Hallelujah to end the show. All three songs are on iTunes top 10!!!

All of the performances were very good, and there was a lot of variety on Team Blake. My favorite, and runner up vote goes to Andrew. Andrew's single is the only other to make the iTunes top 10. His songs were more rock influenced, and his performances were his best of the season. Meanwhile, Dexter and Gyth were more predictably country.

Honored Social Butterfly

One correction: I overlooked Gyth's new single that came in at #5.

0 Kudos

@MaVolta ...YES! The right person won this time (IMO) I voted only for her Monday night.

I read that all 4 coaches will be back next season.  :catvery-happy:

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 wrote:

@MaVolta ...YES! The right person won this time (IMO) I voted only for her Monday night.

I read that all 4 coaches will be back next season.  :catvery-happy:

I agree. I voted for her too.  

I hope to heck the show changes their format next season.  

@nyadrn ...ditto on changing the format. Hope they "deep-six" the crossovers!

Honored Social Butterfly

Ditto!! 

@MaVolta , @GailL1 , @nyadrn , @ASTRAEA ,

NOOOOOOooooooo! Carson just announced on the Today show that Adam will not be back for Season 17! Cat Sad

Gwen will be returning.

Carson also announced this is the last of his talk show Last Call. I was never up late enough to see that show.

Honored Social Butterfly

Oh my! Now it's Blake vs Gwen? That will be an odd one.

Adam is producing the new show, Songland, so maybe that's his reason for leaving. The fans have also been fairly harsh on him since the "bathrobe tweet-off" fiasco. None of his peeps were getting voted through, and I think that has affected him. Maybe he thought a break was in order.

@MaVolta , Oh, yes, he was so disrespected this season after the crossover catastrophe that left the whole thing so lopsided, no wonder he's had enough.

Honored Social Butterfly

adamlevine

About 8 years ago, Mark Burnett convinced us to sign up for this show where you sit in a big red chair with your back turned away from the singers on the stage. First thank you must go to Mark. ❤️ We had no idea what we were doing or where it was going. After the first day of shooting, I sat there, stunned. I said to myself “theres some magic here. Something is definitely happening.” It went on to be a life shaping experience that will be close to my heart forever. Thank you NBC for signing me up. I am truly honored to have been a part of something I’ll always cherish for the rest of my life. Thank you to every single coach I ever sat in those chairs with. That is shared experience that is singularly ours. We have that for life. Thank you to everyone who supported this long strange and amazing left turn into a place I never thought I’d go. Thank you Carson Daly for babysitting the musicians and making sure our shoes were tied and we had our lunch boxes. You are the backbone of this thing and we appreciate you more than you know. Audrey, thank you for being perhaps the most patient person in all the free world. 4 musicians all at once is a lot. Sainthood is imminent. Thank you to Paul Mirkovich and the band for their ridiculously hard work and learning more songs than maybe any band ever. 😂 Thank you to the people behind the scenes who do the real work and make this machine hum. To the amazingly talented vocalists who competed on the show and blew my mind on a daily basis. And, BLAKE F’n SHELTON. I couldn’t hide my love for you if I tried. Seriously. I tried. Can’t do it. Our friendship is and always will be one for the books. Whatever this whole surreal experience was, Im just happy I got to experience it with you. You’re my brother for life. Kelly and John, take care of the cowboy and I’m sure I’ll be back to say hi very very soon. So much love to you both. And lastly, to all of the loyal voice fans, there’s literally no show without you guys. For me, it was time to move on. Your support has meant EVERYTHING. And Lastly, I’d like to thank my manager Jordan for convincing me to take that meeting. 😊 What an amazing ride. Thank you all so much. ❤️
Adam

Honored Social Butterfly

😢

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 @MaVolta 

the show now is so different than it was in the beginning.  I loved it for so long and I miss what it was.  The last two seasons have been hard and I am done. 

I may watch it on and off but not like before. I am sad.

@nyadrn ...Oh, wow...I actually teared up when I read what Adam said! Cat Sad

It sure won't be the same. N.

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 wrote:

@nyadrn ...Oh, wow...I actually teared up when I read what Adam said! Cat Sad

It sure won't be the same. N.

I know it won’t.  Like I posted I miss those early years before the show won the emmys and everything became so competitive. Everyone was new and more easy going. They showed artists who did not make it to the show. I miss Adam already. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@nyadrn - Thanks for sharing Adam's post. I hope he has a lot of success with the new show, but The Voice will not be the same without him. I may watch a while next season to see how it goes.

Honored Social Butterfly

@MaVolta wrote:

@nyadrn - Thanks for sharing Adam's post. I hope he has a lot of success with the new show, but The Voice will not be the same without him. I may watch a while next season to see how it goes.

@MaVolta   @catwoman500   I have really enjoyed “watching” with you ladies.  I havnt given up on it yet but I am sad 

@ASTRAEA   As well 

Honored Social Butterfly

@nyadrn wrote:

@MaVolta wrote:

@MaVolta   @catwoman500   I have really enjoyed “watching” with you ladies.  I havnt given up on it yet but I am sad 

@ASTRAEA   As well 

@nyadrn  - same here. See you over on Songland.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Online Community Refresh

Online Community has updated the site design in our discussions area to make it easier to connect, follow a conversation and access resources.

The new look and feel will be rolled out in multiple phases starting with these initial improvements in the conversations and replies levels.

Learn more about the new design today.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png