Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The Voice - 2019 - Season 16 ( I Think)

Message 41 of 85

@MaVolta , Loved the clips from the UK show. Who is the other coach? I recognize Jen of course, and Tom Jones, and will.i.am, but no clue as to the other guy.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 85

Here's one more from the season opener . . .

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 85

Hey y'all,

Check this out from The Voice across the pond! Please loan us Sir Tom for one season, please!!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 85

Well, I lost LB from my 2 star list, but I knew something bad would happen there since both Jej and he were on my two-star list. If LB had won, at that point Kelly still had a save and could have rescued Jej.

I lost Beth from my one star list. Rebecca really brought it on Monday night, but I preferred Beth.

I was right that Blake would steal back Kendra if she wasn’t the winner of her battle…odds were in favor of that happening.

My two-stars, Kalvin and Shawn won their spots.

My list is much shorter than it has been in other seasons.

Going to try to prioritize:

** Maelyn, Shawn, Jej, Kalvin, Selkii

* Dexter, Matthew, Betsy, Presley

It is so weird that the teams ended up so uneven headed into the next phase. I mean Adam only has 4 artists and Blake has 8! Usually the top 24 are distributed with 6 for each coach, right?

This confuses me as to how the next show will go. N.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 85

My picks didn't fare too well last night. Only Andrew, Rebecca, and Gyth were voted through. I was a little surprised that LB didn't make the cut. Jej is a very good performer, just not my style of music. 

I didn't mention the battle between Carter and Jacob. I figured Carter would be voted through, though I preferred Jacob. I'm glad that John used his save to keep him. I really like his voice and his style of pop music. We haven't heard that in a while.

As much as I hated to see Adam lose Kendra, I was glad that Jimmy got to stay. Now Kendra goes back to Team Blake on the steal. I wasn't too surprised that Kelly used her steal for Abby since she was up against Gyth.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 85

I remembered to watch and vote this time around. The battles were interesting but choosing was sometimes difficult because it paired people who were really different. My takeaways -

• LB and Jej - both did a really good job, but I thought LB was the stronger of the pair. He should be in the finals, no doubt about it. If LB wins, Kelly may need to use her save for Jej.
  • Kalvin and Julian - also a close battle. Kalvin has a strong voice, but I preferred Julian with the Adele song. Kelly made a good point about song choices.
  • The Bundys and Andrew - The Bundys were a disappointment for me. Andrew killed it.
  • Shawn and Karly - Nice job for both. I kept going back and forth, and finally gave it to Karly. I don't especially like her music, but she was doing some really interesting things in her vocals. I don't think either of them will make the finals, too many others ahead of them.
  • Rebecca and Beth - Oh my, this one is a toss up. I liked both. Beth was pitchy at times, and had difficulty with the lower range, while Rebecca just nailed it with both vocals and performance. She was the surprise of the evening for me . Edge to Rebecca.
  • Kendra and Jimmy - Another tough one, both of them had really good performances. I voted for Kendra, but hope that John might save Jimmy if it's necessary. Also, I would hate to see Adam lose her without a save left.
  • Gyth and Abby - Abby did a nice job on her song, but Gyth was excellent. My vote went to Gyth, no question.

The big questions to be answered: Who will be saved by Kelly and John, and who will Blake steal?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 85

Hi, All,

Last night started with 2 of my “two-star” artists battling. Both LB and Jej were fantastic. Then came another of my “two-stars”…Kalvin against the Philly guy, Julian.

Had some interest in The Bundys battling Andrew S because the Bundy’s are on my “one-star list.” Then another two star, Shawn, battled Karly. Thought she was pitchy.

The only other one I was looking at/listening to more intensely was Beth, another one of my one-stars, but Rebecca was really good in that battle, so…?

I did enjoy Kendra battling Jimmy, but thought he was flat. Hoping Blake will steal her back if Jimmy wins that battle. N.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 85

I'm glad that I went back and watched the tv show. The selection process was a real surprise. The coaches not only choose the artist but get to challenge a coach who chooses an opponent. Wow! Never saw that coming! They were really putting up some of their power hitters on Monday evening.

I did see Maelyn and Rod and also Dexter and Andrew that I missed on YT videos. Maelyn is also my favorite female vocalist, but I also like Lisa, both Team Legend.

There were a lot of saves and steals used last night, so not too many went home. Maelyn was voted through, and Rod was stolen by Kelly (yea!). Matthew was voted through, and Domenic, to no one's surprise, was saved by Adam (yea!). So the really good ones didn't have to leave the show.

I was a little surprised to see John steal Celia. Though she was a four-chair turn, her performance on Monday was disappointing. Maybe it was nerves, and she will do better next time. Adam quickly used his steal for Betsy.

Blake saved Selkii who had a close competition with Mari, who was voted through. I don't think either is a potential winner, but they are both good and deserving of another round. I think that Selkii was the only member of Blake's team that wasn't voted through (so far). Blake seemed to be counting on Dexter's being voted through, which he was. I hated to see Andrew leave because he did a great job. Sometimes that's the hazard with there being so many country artists.

I think that Blake is the only coach with a steal and John is the only coach with a save.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 85

@catwoman500 wrote:

Hi, Everyone,

I was getting antsy last night because I thought a lot of them were pitchy! YIKES! I really didn't care for Celia who is/was? on my one star list.

I'm so glad we were able to vote the normal ways and not just by Twitter, but from the way the coaches were talking, I thought we were going to have to pick a winner from each pair. Thank goodness it was not that.

I did enjoy Matthew and Dexter, but...@MaVolta...you didn't comment on my most favorite performances of the night...Maelyn and Rod! I thought they both were fantastic! Maelyn is now my  favorite female artist so far. I was also surprisingly impressed by Presley who hadn't been on my radar before. Whichever coach commented about how much the artists had grown in such a short time was correct.

The online voting ended at 7 AM EST, so it wouldn't have helped if you hadn't listened to the performances yet.

I loved the Rod vs Maelyn match up.  Hate to see either go. Each coach only has one save. I wish they would dump the comeback stage.  All of these artists are better than any of them. 

Why bring them back now?

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 85

@MaVolta wrote:

I missed the show last night, so I didn't get to vote, but did run through the performances on YT this morning. Overall, pairings were good. Here are my takeaways.

Oliv vs Celia - Both a little pitchy at times, Celia has powerful vocal ability, but Oliv had the better performance overall, IMO.

Betsy vs Kim - Kim hands down the winner, Betsy good effort.

Mari vs Selkii - Close. Mari has nice vocals, Selkii, a little pitchy in the beginning but strong finish, edge to Selkii.

Karen vs Lisa - Lisa killed it (imo best performance of the night), Karen did a good job though.

Presley vs Kayslin - Good match. I like Kayslin but she also had pitch issues, Presley was more solid and had some nice runs. I'll go with Presley.

Matthew vs Domenic - This is the tough one as both were really good. I love Matthew's old school R&B/soul sound, but Domenic is a real force. One will win and the other will be saved by their coach, no doubt about that. Practically a toss up, but I'll give the edge to Matthew on this one.

I am already not a fan of this new process.  If most of my favs get eliminated in these early rounds I will not care about watching the rest of the season.  

Sad but true. 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views