Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The Voice - 2019 - Season 16 ( I Think)

Message 51 of 85

I'll have to go back and run through the tv version on dvr. Apparently, they didn't have all of the videos on YT because I didn't see Maelyn or Rod. I guess voting had closed by the time I got around to it.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 85

Hi, Everyone,

I was getting antsy last night because I thought a lot of them were pitchy! YIKES! I really didn't care for Celia who is/was? on my one star list.

I'm so glad we were able to vote the normal ways and not just by Twitter, but from the way the coaches were talking, I thought we were going to have to pick a winner from each pair. Thank goodness it was not that.

I did enjoy Matthew and Dexter, but...@MaVolta...you didn't comment on my most favorite performances of the night...Maelyn and Rod! I thought they both were fantastic! Maelyn is now my  favorite female artist so far. I was also surprisingly impressed by Presley who hadn't been on my radar before. Whichever coach commented about how much the artists had grown in such a short time was correct.

The online voting ended at 7 AM EST, so it wouldn't have helped if you hadn't listened to the performances yet.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 85

@MaVolta wrote:

I missed the show last night, so I didn't get to vote, but did run through the performances on YT this morning. Overall, pairings were good. Here are my takeaways.

Oliv vs Celia - Both a little pitchy at times, Celia has powerful vocal ability, but Oliv had the better performance overall, IMO.

Betsy vs Kim - Kim hands down the winner, Betsy good effort.

Mari vs Selkii - Close. Mari has nice vocals, Selkii, a little pitchy in the beginning but strong finish, edge to Selkii.

Karen vs Lisa - Lisa killed it (imo best performance of the night), Karen did a good job though.

Presley vs Kayslin - Good match. I like Kayslin but she also had pitch issues, Presley was more solid and had some nice runs. I'll go with Presley.

Matthew vs Domenic - This is the tough one as both were really good. I love Matthew's old school R&B/soul sound, but Domenic is a real force. One will win and the other will be saved by their coach, no doubt about that. Practically a toss up, but I'll give the edge to Matthew on this one.

Did you try voting on the app?  It doesn’t close until today 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 85

I missed the show last night, so I didn't get to vote, but did run through the performances on YT this morning. Overall, pairings were good. Here are my takeaways.

Oliv vs Celia - Both a little pitchy at times, Celia has powerful vocal ability, but Oliv had the better performance overall, IMO.

Betsy vs Kim - Kim hands down the winner, Betsy good effort.

Mari vs Selkii - Close. Mari has nice vocals, Selkii, a little pitchy in the beginning but strong finish, edge to Selkii.

Karen vs Lisa - Lisa killed it (imo best performance of the night), Karen did a good job though.

Presley vs Kayslin - Good match. I like Kayslin but she also had pitch issues, Presley was more solid and had some nice runs. I'll go with Presley.

Matthew vs Domenic - This is the tough one as both were really good. I love Matthew's old school R&B/soul sound, but Domenic is a real force. One will win and the other will be saved by their coach, no doubt about that. Practically a toss up, but I'll give the edge to Matthew on this one.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: These Cross-Battles Tonight Should be Interesting - N/T

Message 55 of 85

NT

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 85

@nyadrn  - You make a good point about the twitter voting blocks. Just for kicks, I checked the twitter accounts (you can google it without joining). Blake has 20+m followers, Kelly and John have 12+m, and Adam 8+m. I don't think that viewers necessarily vote for someone because of the coach, but there is certainly an edge in the following that may attract more country music viewers to vote for those artists.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 85

@catwoman500  @MaVolta 

I took a minute to check the ratings between The Voice and American Idol who moved to a head to head time slot and so far The Voice is easily beating American Idol.   

Now back to the show..  I am interested to see the new Cross Battles which are head to head battles across teams.  There are several very talented artists on the teams but one bad performance or a head to head against a team whose followers vote more can knock out someone far too early and that is scary so I am eager to see how the voting works.  I have the app but I dont use twitter.  

Glad you are still watching!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 85

Hi, Everyone,

@MaVolta ...yes, I just heard the most recent promo for the cross battles and they say we vote live, so that has to be Tweets, dang it.

Sure hope when the finals roll around we can vote online as I don't do the app or Twitter. N.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 85

The top battles for me were Selkii and Cecily, and then Kayslin and Oliv. The rest were so-so. I agree that they could have better edited the show to include all of the performances. There were only 5, and they had a lot of "fluff" filling in between. I FF through a lot of it anyway since I record everything.

@catwoman500  - I hadn't heard about the new cross-battles either, so it does appear to be replacing knock-outs. The promo says that artists won't know their competitor until they walk on stage. Each coach gets one save and one steal, but the rest is audience voting (tweet votes?). 

My top 8 (since the app just eliminated the other 4) are - 

From team Legend: Maelyn, Lisa, Kayslin

From team Adam: Celia, Dominic, LB

From team Blake: Andrew, Selkii

I also had Matthew and The Bundys from team Kelly, along with Rod (team Adam) and Karly (team Blake) but the app dropped them as of today.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 85

If they had made better use of the time, they might have been able to show all 5 battles last night rather than throw 2 unheard battles at us in a few seconds. I had nothing invested in the unheard artists, but it would have been nice to hear them again before 2 of them went home.

Only 2 of the artists I am interested in performed last night and of course they were pitted against each other on Team Blake. Selkie was my two star and Cecily was a one star, so I lost Cecily.

Not sure what these upcoming “cross-battles” are all about since I didn’t read anything about them. Are they going to replace the Knockouts? Did I hear that no one know who battles whom until it’s time to perform? Yikes! From the name “cross-battles” I’m thinking that people from one team are battling someone from another team. That seems weird to me.

For my faves at this time I have LB and Kalvin with 2 stars on Team Adam, Shawn and Maelyn with 2 stars on Team Legend, Jej with 2 stars on Team Kelly, and Selkie with 2 stars on Team Blake. Also on Team Adam I like Rod and Celia, on Team Legend I like Beth and Kayslin, on Team Kelly I like Mathew and The Bundys, and on Team Blake, Dexter. N.

Kudos
Views