When it comes to your workout, there are good reasons not to go it alone. Check out the benefits of exercise buddies.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The Voice - 2019 - Season 16 ( I Think)

Message 31 of 68

I'm glad that I went back and watched the tv show. The selection process was a real surprise. The coaches not only choose the artist but get to challenge a coach who chooses an opponent. Wow! Never saw that coming! They were really putting up some of their power hitters on Monday evening.

I did see Maelyn and Rod and also Dexter and Andrew that I missed on YT videos. Maelyn is also my favorite female vocalist, but I also like Lisa, both Team Legend.

There were a lot of saves and steals used last night, so not too many went home. Maelyn was voted through, and Rod was stolen by Kelly (yea!). Matthew was voted through, and Domenic, to no one's surprise, was saved by Adam (yea!). So the really good ones didn't have to leave the show.

I was a little surprised to see John steal Celia. Though she was a four-chair turn, her performance on Monday was disappointing. Maybe it was nerves, and she will do better next time. Adam quickly used his steal for Betsy.

Blake saved Selkii who had a close competition with Mari, who was voted through. I don't think either is a potential winner, but they are both good and deserving of another round. I think that Selkii was the only member of Blake's team that wasn't voted through (so far). Blake seemed to be counting on Dexter's being voted through, which he was. I hated to see Andrew leave because he did a great job. Sometimes that's the hazard with there being so many country artists.

I think that Blake is the only coach with a steal and John is the only coach with a save.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 68

@catwoman500 wrote:

Hi, Everyone,

I was getting antsy last night because I thought a lot of them were pitchy! YIKES! I really didn't care for Celia who is/was? on my one star list.

I'm so glad we were able to vote the normal ways and not just by Twitter, but from the way the coaches were talking, I thought we were going to have to pick a winner from each pair. Thank goodness it was not that.

I did enjoy Matthew and Dexter, but...@MaVolta...you didn't comment on my most favorite performances of the night...Maelyn and Rod! I thought they both were fantastic! Maelyn is now my  favorite female artist so far. I was also surprisingly impressed by Presley who hadn't been on my radar before. Whichever coach commented about how much the artists had grown in such a short time was correct.

The online voting ended at 7 AM EST, so it wouldn't have helped if you hadn't listened to the performances yet.

I loved the Rod vs Maelyn match up.  Hate to see either go. Each coach only has one save. I wish they would dump the comeback stage.  All of these artists are better than any of them. 

Why bring them back now?

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 68

@MaVolta wrote:

I missed the show last night, so I didn't get to vote, but did run through the performances on YT this morning. Overall, pairings were good. Here are my takeaways.

Oliv vs Celia - Both a little pitchy at times, Celia has powerful vocal ability, but Oliv had the better performance overall, IMO.

Betsy vs Kim - Kim hands down the winner, Betsy good effort.

Mari vs Selkii - Close. Mari has nice vocals, Selkii, a little pitchy in the beginning but strong finish, edge to Selkii.

Karen vs Lisa - Lisa killed it (imo best performance of the night), Karen did a good job though.

Presley vs Kayslin - Good match. I like Kayslin but she also had pitch issues, Presley was more solid and had some nice runs. I'll go with Presley.

Matthew vs Domenic - This is the tough one as both were really good. I love Matthew's old school R&B/soul sound, but Domenic is a real force. One will win and the other will be saved by their coach, no doubt about that. Practically a toss up, but I'll give the edge to Matthew on this one.

I am already not a fan of this new process.  If most of my favs get eliminated in these early rounds I will not care about watching the rest of the season.  

Sad but true. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 68

I'll have to go back and run through the tv version on dvr. Apparently, they didn't have all of the videos on YT because I didn't see Maelyn or Rod. I guess voting had closed by the time I got around to it.

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 68

Hi, Everyone,

I was getting antsy last night because I thought a lot of them were pitchy! YIKES! I really didn't care for Celia who is/was? on my one star list.

I'm so glad we were able to vote the normal ways and not just by Twitter, but from the way the coaches were talking, I thought we were going to have to pick a winner from each pair. Thank goodness it was not that.

I did enjoy Matthew and Dexter, but...@MaVolta...you didn't comment on my most favorite performances of the night...Maelyn and Rod! I thought they both were fantastic! Maelyn is now my  favorite female artist so far. I was also surprisingly impressed by Presley who hadn't been on my radar before. Whichever coach commented about how much the artists had grown in such a short time was correct.

The online voting ended at 7 AM EST, so it wouldn't have helped if you hadn't listened to the performances yet.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 68

@MaVolta wrote:

I missed the show last night, so I didn't get to vote, but did run through the performances on YT this morning. Overall, pairings were good. Here are my takeaways.

Oliv vs Celia - Both a little pitchy at times, Celia has powerful vocal ability, but Oliv had the better performance overall, IMO.

Mari vs Selkii - Close. Mari has nice vocals, Selkii, a little pitchy in the beginning but strong finish, edge to Selkii.

Karen vs Lisa - Lisa killed it (imo best performance of the night), Karen did a good job though.

Presley vs Kayslin - Good match. I like Kayslin but she also had pitch issues, Presley was more solid and had some nice runs. I'll go with Presley.

Matthew vs Domenic - This is the tough one as both were really good. I love Matthew's old school R&B/soul sound, but Domenic is a real force. One will win and the other will be saved by their coach, no doubt about that. Practically a toss up, but I'll give the edge to Matthew on this one.

Did you try voting on the app?  It doesn’t close until today 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 68

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: These Cross-Battles Tonight Should be Interesting - N/T

Message 38 of 68

NT

* * * * * * It’s Always Something - Roseanne Rosannadanna
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 68

@nyadrn  - You make a good point about the twitter voting blocks. Just for kicks, I checked the twitter accounts (you can google it without joining). Blake has 20+m followers, Kelly and John have 12+m, and Adam 8+m. I don't think that viewers necessarily vote for someone because of the coach, but there is certainly an edge in the following that may attract more country music viewers to vote for those artists.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 68

@catwoman500  @MaVolta 

I took a minute to check the ratings between The Voice and American Idol who moved to a head to head time slot and so far The Voice is easily beating American Idol.   

Now back to the show..  I am interested to see the new Cross Battles which are head to head battles across teams.  There are several very talented artists on the teams but one bad performance or a head to head against a team whose followers vote more can knock out someone far too early and that is scary so I am eager to see how the voting works.  I have the app but I dont use twitter.  

Glad you are still watching!

Kudos
Views