There's always more to discover with an AARP membership! Check out your member benefits.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The Voice - 2019 - Season 16 ( I Think)

Message 81 of 85

@catwoman500 - I'm tired of the % of discussion by the coaches that's about themselves & each other, compared to their discussion about the artists! What a welcome John Legend got to the show; they all blew their blocks keeping him from even competing for artists! In one case, one of the coaches even said that it left the artist with no choice of coach, because the 2nd coach was blocked from "Wanting" them! Those blocks make it impossible for the best artists to have bragging rights for a 4-chair turn, because one of the coaches has been blocked .. how fair is that to the artists?!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 85

Hi, All,

Yes, @ASTRAEA it is season 16. Cat Happy

I've been watching and taking notes. There are a few I've put stars next to, but as you say, it will take until the Blinds are over and we hear more from each artist. In the 2 shows so far no one jumped out yet like Jordan Smith, Casi Joy, and Alisan Porter in their respective seasons.

John Legend is so cool! Cat Very Happy

I love Kelly, but already she's beginning to annoy me with her interruptions.

So Bebe Rexha is the Comeback coach. That was so unnecessary last season I thought maybe they's discontinue that sideshow.

Happy viewing!  N.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 85

I just checked in too, to see if anyone had started a discussion of this season! I was only able to watch part of the show Monday night, but Tuesday was out. I was sorry to see that the "blocks" and "comeback stage" are continuing this season; didn't like them last time!

I think that blocks are unfair to the artists, who in some instances wind up without any choice of coach, if it would only have been a 2-chair turn without the block.

I definitely hate the multiples, just because that's not how the show was set up, and I think there should be (or are) separate competitions for groups.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 85

Yes, I just clicked over to see if anyone had started a thread.

The coaches do seem to click, and I think that John Legend is awesome! It was interesting that all of the other coaches used their blocks on him right away, now he has all of his blocks to use strategically on them! 

The talent has been good, and I liked the first two right off the start. I've got 5 or so stored on the app already, but I replace as necessary when a better choice comes along. It's really hard to judge with just one song, and I often change my mind once they get into competition.

But wow! A trio this year! That's a tough one, because it's always seemed unfair for a solo artist to go up against a duo and now a trio. I wish they had some means of separating groups into another segment. Now that would be interesting, since I like groups.

Unfortunately, they kept the backstage save whatever, but I just ignore it.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

The Voice - 2019 - Season 16 ( I Think)

Message 85 of 85

I watched most of it last night and seems to be a lot of good talent -

The judges all seemed to click - cleverly - amusingly.  Although, sorry to say, Adam has given me some disappointment recently musically speaking ( Atlanta SuperBowl Half-Time)

Blake seems to be picking up some very different style talent - A Rapper ?  (Though she was good)

I usually don't start remembering the individual names until a llttle later on -

Anybody with any comments thus far?

* * * * * * It’s Always Something - Roseanne Rosannadanna
Kudos
Views
Replies