Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The Great British Baking Show returns

Message 21 of 27

I finally caught up with the first 2 episodes online and watched the 3rd on TV last night. The gingerbread houses from episode 2 were disastrous. Cat LOL

Those breads last night looked so delicious and I almost started to drool. Someone had olives and onions in theirs and others had such delicious sounding flavors it was if I wanted to have "smell-o-vision" to inhale the aromas of them baking.

I don't have a favorite baker yet. It may be Jane, but I love the red head young man, too. Val has gotten by, by a hair each week. Good thing she nailed Paul's yucky looking steamed things in the technical bake. N.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 27

Last night's episode was all about bread,judge Paul Hollywood had the contestants create 2 difficult items. In the technical segment,they had to bake steamed dumplings. He choose Val's,the oldest contestant.In the 'showstopper' segment,they had to bake a centerpiece using 3 different flours. They all did incredible centerpieces,Tom was the 'star baker' which surprised him.

One of the contestants I was rooting for,Michael, age 18 was eliminated. There is 1 contestant who I feel is being a 'drama queen',trying too hard to impress the judges,Candace. Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 27

Last night,I watched most of the 4th season {there are 10 episodes} with 2 episodes back to back.I'm always interested to see what the 12 talented bakers can do, the comments the judges,Paul Hollywood&Mary Berry tell them.In the 2nd episode,the highlight was making their signature gingerbread house. One contestant,made the house which actually was a pub where she worked,she was voted the'best baker'.I have a couple favorites I'm rooting for Michael,18yr old{youngest contestant},Andrew,the red headed guy,Janet.

I was reading in yesterday{June 16th} USA TODAY,this season is actually the 7th which aired last yr in U.K.. Unfortuantely,this season will be the last with the original cast except for Paul.The show has been picked up by a different channel in U.K. with 2 new hosts.Sue

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 27

@doglover52, @nyadrn, YES! I love this show even though I would never in my life try to do any of the challenges that are are presented to the contestants. I don't cook or bake anymore unless forced. Cat LOL

Oh, dang...I have to go to a play that night. Guess I'll be watching that episode on the computer.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 27

Diane,thanks for this info,I like watching this show. I don't bake,but I'm always amazed by what the contestants can create. Sue

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 27

This is a great fun show!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

The Great British Baking Show returns

Message 27 of 27

Get ready baking fans: The Great British Baking Show returns Fri, June 16 at 9/8c! #PBSBakingShow

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors