Getty Images and AARP present the Disrupt Aging Collection, a searchable photo collection that redefines what it means to get older. Take a look.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The Great British Baking Show returns

Message 11 of 27

Last night's episode was about desserts. In the 1st challenge, make roulade which you wrap with filling. The 'technical challege',they had to make marange layered with nuts. Andrew won .For the 'show stopper',they had to make 24 mini mousse sponge cakes,some looked more delicious than others.Andrew was the big winner over all,last week's 'star baker',Tom was eliminated. The remaining bakers left are Andrew,Jane,Benjamina Salsi and Candice,hopefully she doesn't make it to the finale. I'm rooting for the others to do well Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 27

Candice is really beginning to get on my nerves.

I felt bad for Jane and Andrew last night, too.

I loved how Selasi's showstopper cake looked, but apparently there was not much flavor. Had a feeling Tom would do good on that weird technical bake fougass thing since he loves to do bread and is good at it. So glad his showstopper worked out well, too.

I like Benjamina, too, and her grapefruit citrus creation was a hit with the judges last night.

Funny about the technical fougass. I thought Paul was butchering the pronunciation of focaccia since it looked a little like focaccia. According to what I read, it actually is similar to focaccia. Cat Happy

Ye, I love this show, too!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 27

Last night's episode was 'botanical'.

1. first challenge was baking a citrus miragrine pie

2. 'technical' was baking a 2 herb leaf shaped foi gas,

3.'show stopper', baking 3 tier floral cake. As usual,Candice thought she could score 'brownie points' by baking a 4 tier one instead. It didn't work

Tom baked a 3 tier tea cake,which I thought was impressive.He won'star baker',his 2nd time winning this.

I felt my 2 favorites in the competiton,Jane and Andrew seemed to lose their confidence,not doing well in the challenges.It was tough to watch Andrew near tears thinking he was going home.Rav was eliminated,he wasn't upset about it.I enjoyed the show. Sue

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 27

You mean to tell me the Brits can bake? I thought the only thing they cooked was porridge, then go out for a curry for all their other meals. 

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 27

@catwoman500 Hi Nancy,I also like Andrew,agree with you about Cadice flirting with Paul. I wonder if the other contestants have noticed this too Sue

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 27

That was hard work! I can't even imagine having to make some of those doughs...all the butter that has to be incorporated and rolled into the dough. And the phyllo dough having to be so thin! Cat Surprised

My favorite is Jane, also, but I do love Andrew. I'll have to admit...Candice's show stoppers had a lot of flair! The way she looks at Paul makes me cringe though. And he is not a person I think I could trust.

Love the show though.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 27

Last night's episode was all about pastry. In the first challenge,the contestants had to bake 24 different Danish pastries,some looked delcious.Jane and in a surprise Cadace got good reviews from Paul and Mary.

The 2nd challenge was baking a tart. Jane,my favorite to win it all was declared the winner.

In the 'show stopper' challenge,they had to bake 48 small tarts,I think that's what Paul&Mary wanted,I couldn't understand what they were saying.

The 'star baker' was Cadace. Val,the oldest contestant was eliminated. Its obvious the others became quite fond of her. Sue

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 27

The desserts are fantastic, though complicated for amateurs, plus the measurements are metric,  and some components not available in the US.  Entertaining and fun show.  The cute British gent that helps the older lady with recipes is eye candy.  The desserts are so professional they're likely done by pastry chefs.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 27

Cat LOL Most of those Yorkshire puddings were disasters, weren't they?

I can't believe they had to make those lace heart pancakes for the technical challenge!

The churros were a strange thing to have to do for the showstopper. I liked Andrews idea with the flowers, but Benjamina's simple design worked to her advantage. I'm glad she got star baker. I do like Andrew a lot. I think Candice may have a "thing" for Paul Hollywood. Cat LOL

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 27

Last night's episode was all about 'batter.' The bakers had to make 24 Yorkshire puddings with fillings.  The technical challenge was making 12 heart shaped pancakes,some did better than others. The 'show stopper' was baking 36 churrubs,which is a Spanish fried donut snack. The 'star baker' of the night was Benjamina,was impressed by what she made along with Jane and Andrew. The baker eliminated was Kate. The one contestant who annoys me is Candace,her 'drama queen' antics is wearing thin. Sue

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors