Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families was developed by AARP to help make the job more manageable. Here’s how to obtain a free copy.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The Great American Baking Show

Message 1 of 12

@aruzinsky - Thanks for mentioning that! I wanted to check out the show the other night, and there was a special about homeowners' elaborate Christmas decorations instead .. and I wondered what happened to the baking contest.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 12

It may interest you to know that Netflix has an Australian show called, "Zumbo's Just Desserts."  It's different because the desserts are more visual art.  Unfortuantely, the recipes weren't published online and the show wasn't as educational as the aforementioned shows. 

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 12

@aruzinsky, thank you...I was so confused last night when my TV Guide had it listed for 2 hours and then some dumb light show contest came on. I am so bummed; I was really looking forward to it. Even thought it isn't the quality of the British one, it's always a fun show to watch.

You said, "I  think that the FCC should step in and threaten to revoke ABC's broadcasting license because ABC is not acting in the public interest." I agree that this was definitely not in the public's interest.  Cat Mad

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 12

ABC cancelled the remaining two episodes because it didn't like Johnny Luzzini's alleged sexual harasment.  See http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/14/entertainment/johnny-iuzzini-great-american-baking/index.html .

This is political correctness gone insane.  Johnny Luzzini has already been paid, so how does cancelling the show punish him?  Instead, ABC decided to punish the show's innocent viewers and the rest of the show's cast and contestants.  I say that the morality of ABC's decision makers is worse than that of Johnny Luzzini.

I  think that the FCC should step in and threaten to revoke ABC's broadcasting license because ABC is not acting in the public interest.   

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 12

@jonibee, It's enjoyable to watch, but clearly not the caliber of the British bakers! Cat LOL

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 12
No I missed this, but was an avid viewer of the British episodes. Hopefully this one can measure up to it...
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 12

@catwoman500 wrote:

Hi, all,

Did anyone watch the premier of The Great American Baking Show last night on ABC? They showed 2 episodes. I remember from before that these folks are not as talented as the contestants on the British version of the show. Cat LOL Some of the presentations were laughable, but a few were great. It was interesting that the star baker in the first episode totally collapsed in the second episode and barely made the cut. N.

No  I am sorry I missed it.. I will have to look for it to show up again.  I like this show!!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 12

@ASTRAEA, yes, that's correct! N.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 12

@catwoman500 - Wasn't Paul Hollywood one of the judges on the British show, and there was a big outcry when he left the show?

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 12

@ASTRAEA, Actually Paul Hollywood is one of the judges. I think the other one's name is Johnny something. He does look familiar to me...maybe he was a judge on the other GABShow I saw? The 2 hosts I have never seen or heard of before...a man and a woman. N.

Kudos
Views