Honored Social Butterfly

The Academy Awards Sunday March 4 2018

90th Academy Awards LIVE TONIGHT, 8:00 PM ON ABC, 3 HRS 2018 TV-14

Jimmy Kimmel hosts the 90th annual ceremony. "The Shape of Water" leads with 13 nominations; "Dunkirk" has eight; and "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri" has seven. Performers include Gael García Bernal, Mary J. Blige, Andra Day, Natalia Lafourcade,... More About 90th Academy Awards

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Replies
Honored Social Butterfly

Is Anyone Watching?

0 Kudos
Recognized Social Butterfly

Haven't been to the movies in ages. Will probably not watch the Oscars. The only thing I really like is the red carpet anyway. HA!

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500wrote:

Haven't been to the movies in ages. Will probably not watch the Oscars. The only thing I really like is the red carpet anyway. HA!

I probably will not either.  We don't go out to the movies any longer except for the Film Festival in my city but that is not really for popular films, but rather new directors, student films etc.. but it is terrific.   I am not even sure I care about the red carpet but I might watch that. : )   

Honored Social Butterfly

We seldom watch movies anymore because most are just ridiculous, or have too much sex or violence or both, to suit me. The only movie we watched was The Post with Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks. It was excellent!

That said, I still love to watch the Oscars. It was nice to see that "old Hollywood glamour" return to the show with a display of many lovely evening dresses. It was also good to see the "senior" actors, Helen Mirren, Jane Fonda, Rita Moreno, Meryl (of course), and the stunning 90 year-old, Eva Marie Saint - in 4" heels mind you! They were all fit and fashioned and lovely! 

'Activism' was put on back burner, and was much less apparent than at the Golden Globes, with only a few very limited, and to the point remarks, mostly to do with women's equality in the movie business. 

"Music can change the world because it can change people." - Bono
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Online Community Refresh

Online Community has updated the site design in our discussions area to make it easier to connect, follow a conversation and access resources.

The new look and feel will be rolled out in multiple phases starting with these initial improvements in the conversations and replies levels.

Learn more about the new design today.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png