Forced Nursing Home Evictions Must Stop. AARP Foundation Is Helping Protect the Most Vulnerable. Learn How

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: TV Stars We Lost in 2017

Message 11 of 50

@DougIvy Hi,thanks for your kind words.

I have been doing a yearly journal for over 30yrs, I have top 10 new stories/sports and a section on well know TV/movie stars that have died.Even though its sad when they have left us,its the memories of their work whether in TV or movies,we'll remember. Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Report Inappropriate Content
Silver Conversationalist

Message 12 of 50

Although this topic makes me so sad, (and I had to take a moment), I will say thank you to those who keep us informed on this subject.

So many wonderful memories come flooding back by thinking about all the fun, joy, laughter and serious subject matter portrayals that all of these great actors and other 'people' brought to me, (us?), for so many years.

Yes - gone, but not forgotton.

R.I.P.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 13 of 50

@doglover52 - It's actually nice to hear that some of these stars lived well into their 90s! I think that years ago, with primative TV & movie systems, the stars & crews dealt with makeup & other products that were dangerous with long-term use, and they died much younger.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 14 of 50

Monty Hall who was host of the long running game show,"Lets Make A Deal ' '63-'76 died yesterday at age 96 of heart failure.

He would pick audience contestants who came dressed up in outrageous costumes to get his attention.The contestants could trade something they brought to get the 1st prize,then trade the prize for objects hidden either in boxes or behind the curtains. The hidden prizes were expensive jewelry,money,trips or  worthless items.

Monty is survived by 3 children,son Richard, 2 daughters, Sharon,Joanna Gleason who I know is an actress.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 15 of 50

Anne Jeffreys whose best known TV role was playing a glamourous ghost in CBS comedy,'Topper" '53-'56 died on Weds age 94.

In the show{ based on the 1937 movie},she and her real life husband,Robert Sterling play "Marion&George Kirby" who have died in an accident. They come back to haunt their house and the new owner,a banker,"Cosmo Topper" played by Leo J. Carroll

Anne's other TV role was playing"Amanda Barrington" on 2 soap operas,"General Hosptial' and a spinoff'Port Charles" '84-'03

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 16 of 50

doglover52 wrote:

Richard Anderson whose best known TV role was gov't agent,"Oscar Goldman" on 2 ABC shows 'The 6 Million Dollar Man" ''74-'78 starring Lee Majors,the spinoff,"The Bionic Woman" '76-'78 starring Lindsay Wagner,died yesterday age 91. I had a crush on him Sue

Thank you for continuing to keep us updated.  Always gives us the opportunity to remember all of these people that watched and enjoyed and were entertained by.

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 17 of 50

Richard Anderson whose best known TV role was gov't agent,"Oscar Goldman" on 2 ABC shows 'The 6 Million Dollar Man" ''74-'78 starring Lee Majors,the spinoff,"The Bionic Woman" '76-'78 starring Lindsay Wagner,died yesterday age 91. I had a crush on him Sue

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 50

Jay Thomas,actor/comedian has died of cancer,age 69.

His best known TV roles were:

"Cheers' '87-'89' played Carla's {Rhea Pearlman's character} 2nd husband,"Eddie LeBec'

"Ray Donovan" '13-'15,played "Marty Grossman"

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 19 of 50

Martin Landau,his best known TV role as"Rollin Hand' in original TV show"Mission Impossible' '66-'73 died on Saturday age 89. He and his then wife,Barbara Bain "Cinnamon Carter' left the show in '69 over a contract dispute.

Martin won a Best Supporting Oscar in '94 for his portrayal of aged Bela Lugosi in Tim Burton's movie'Ed Wood'.,co-starring with Johnny Depp as 'Wood"

The only remaining cast members of "Mission IMpossible' still alive are Bain and Peter Lupus"Willie Armitage",both are 85

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 20 of 50

Bill Dana, comedian,who created his best known character"Jose Jimenez' died last week at age 92.

Jose first appeared on "The Steve Allen Show' in 1960.

Bill had his own series,'The Bill Dana Show" '63-'65,"Jose' was a bellhop. His other TV role was

"Uncle Angelo" on "The Golden Girls" '88-'92