AARP Opposes Attempts to Remove the ACA's Law Age Rating Limits and Pre-Existing Conditions Protections. Learn More!

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: TV Stars We Lost in 2017

Message 1 of 50

Rose Marie from the the Dick Van Dyke Show died at 94.  I loved both her and Mary Tyler Moore, back in the days when I used to think that life was really like how it was portrayed on TV and in the movies and all people were really nice.  Was I extra gullible?

@doglover52  The loss of Jim Nabors certainly gave me a pang.  It seems to me that he played **bleep** for longer than one year!  He certainly left his mark on that show.

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Report Inappropriate Content
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 50

doglover52 wrote:

Why the hell was the Jim Nabor's TV character's first name bleeped out,? it WAS NOT an offensive name. This is ridiculous,I'm done here Sue

Sorry Sue    not sure what is going on Smiley Frustrated

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 50

Why the hell was the Jim Nabor's TV character's first name bleeped out,? it WAS NOT an offensive name. This is ridiculous,I'm done here Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 50

Actor/singer,Jim Nabors who's best known TV role was "**bleep** Pyle' has died at age 87.He had been in failing health for past couple of yrs.

Jim appeared as "**bleep**' for 1 season on the 'Andy Griffith Show',then he got his own spin off show,'**bleep** Pyle,U.S.M.C" which aired on CBS from  '64-'70

He and Carol Burnett were long time friends,he became her 'good luck charm' because he  appeared as a guest star on every opening telecast of her variety show. Sue

TV Stars We Lost in 2017 - David Cassidy

Message 5 of 50

Sad to hear that David Cassidy died today at 67. He had many demons to battle, and earlier this year announced that he was battling dementia .. which also affected his mother, and retired from performing due to arthritis.

Fox News "David Cassidy - 'Partridge Family' star, Dead at 67"

Registered on Online Community since 2007!

Message 6 of 50

doglover52 wrote:

Two actors we've lost within 24hrs of each other:

Earle Hyman,a veteran Broadway actor,his best known TV role was  'Russell Huxtable',Bill Cosby's TV dad, on "The Cosby Show" '84-'92 died yesterday age 91

Actress/jazz singer,Della Reese died today age 86. Her best known TV role was "Tess' on CBS long running show,"Touched BY An Angel" ''94-'03,co starring Roma Downey.

Oh my.   I remember both oh them.  Della Reese was multi talented.  

RIP

thank you for letting us know!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 50

Two actors we've lost within 24hrs of each other:

Earle Hyman,a veteran Broadway actor,his best known TV role was  'Russell Huxtable',Bill Cosby's TV dad, on "The Cosby Show" '84-'92 died yesterday age 91

Actress/jazz singer,Della Reese died today age 86. Her best known TV role was "Tess' on CBS long running show,"Touched BY An Angel" ''94-'03,co starring Roma Downey.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 50

John Hillerman who's best known TV role was the stuffy British manservant,"Jonathan Higgins' on CBS  detective drama,'Magnum,PI" '80-'88 died yesterday at age 84

His other TV appearances was a semi regular on 'Murder She Wrote" '86-'92

John won a best supp actor Emmy in '87 for Magnum

He retired from acting in 1999

R.I. P John,you'll be missed

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 50

Jack Bannon,who's best known TV role was 'Art Donovan",asst city editor on long running CBS drama'Lou Grant' '77-'82 died last month age 77.

This show was a spinoff of classic sitcom,'Mary Tyler Moore Show' '70-'77.

Ed Asner who played Mary's boss,'Lou Grant' starred in this show

Jack's parents were also actors, his dad,Jim played 'Red Ryder' in several films. His mom,Bea Benaderet, was one of the stars of CBS sitcom,Petticoat Junction" '63-'70

Jack is survived by his wife,Ellen Travolta{John's sister},step daughter,Molly

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 50

Robert Guillaume who's best known TV role was the butler/cook,'Benson" on ABC sitcom,'Soap '77-'81 which was a funny satire on soap operas  died yesterday age 89 of cancer.

His other TV roles were 'Benson" '79-'86, a spinoff from 'Soap". Robert continued with same character,in this show he helped Gov.Gaitling,who was well meaning,sweet man but very naive.

Robert's other TV role was "Isaac',demanding boss on 'Sportsnight" '98-'00

I loved Robert's role in Soap,he was very funny in the role as he dealt with 2 families,the wealthy Tates and their 'blue collar' cousins,the Campbells who lived across town

He won an Emmy for best supp actor in '78  Sue