Regular Social Butterfly

TV Commericals

I said the same thing to my Grand Daughter, that I never saw so many medicines and medical products on TV. They weren't on like this when I was young, so she said maybe it's because it's I'm older now. I said I don't think so !!

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !

It's interesting that all the intelligent responses have negative opinions on drug ads.  Not only do they drive up our costs significantly, they really are not informative at all.  Big pharma is counting on patients to recognize drug names and think that they are somehow better.   I feel the same about print ads in newspapers and magazines.   I doubt anyone reads then but it does drive up our costs.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Not only are all the pharma commercials boring (they don't even use clever ad agency tactics) but they are aired at the most expensive marketing times. They could use the money for research, trials and productive pricing. I'm not qualified to judge what drugs are appropriate for me. That's why I have a physician.

Contributor

Adds for medicines are not truly helpful for the average person and are part of the reason why the pharmaceutical companies have such exorbitant pricing for their prescription drugs. They should be banned from all advertising means.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Online Community Refresh

Online Community has updated the site design in our discussions area to make it easier to connect, follow a conversation and access resources.

The new look and feel will be rolled out in multiple phases starting with these initial improvements in the conversations and replies levels.

Learn more about the new design today.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png