You Can Double the Difference You Make for Vulnerable Seniors — Donate Today, and Your Gift Will Be Matched! Find Out More

Info Seeker

Re: TV Commericals

Message 21 of 92

In my case specifically the ads don’t show truth. I have severe Rheumatoid Disease and the ads for all the biologic medications show people playing soccer, or doing a lot of physical activity. The truth about severe RA/RD is that even with the medications getting out of bed is a struggle.

If my medication is not truth, how many others are that way. These medications are also very expensive about $5000 a month. If doctors diagnose and treat patients why do we need these ads. As Pain meds are now being removed from a doctors opinion, why not everything? This is not to be negative at all just truth has been made obsolete lately.

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 22 of 92

Drug/Pharmaceutical Companies are spending Billions of Dollars on Advertising as well as outrageous price increases for (1) the same drugs they've been selling for years; (2) paying huge unwarranted CEO & Exec Mangement income awards & benefits for (unearned) corporate returns & (3) buy-outs of other companies for their "Intellectual Property" that's still under protection for a few more years, rather than (a) fixing old medications that continue to cause harm, (b) supporting easy non-drug related healthcare approaches to eliminate common disease by instead (i) recommending healthy diets that eliminate processed foods containing high levels of sugar &/or sugar-free toxic chemicals to increase "sugar/sweet cravings" by replacing them with apple cider vinegar & water to balance blood sugar levels ending diabetes and acid reflux diseases, and (3) creating new medications at reasonable prices rather than increasing them by more than 400% a year.  STOP DRUG ADVERTISING!  IT DOES NO GOOD FOR THE MAJORITY OF PATIENTS AND U.S. CITIZENS WHO ARE THOSE FACING AN EVER-ESCALATING PRICE INCREASE FOR MEDICAITONS THEY CAN NOLONGER AFFORD!!!

Info Seeker

Message 23 of 92

I believe we are the only country in the world that allows drugs marketed on tv. Cutting out the  cost of those commercials alone would save money. Then shopping worldwide could also create competition.  Separating drug cost out from Medicare plans  like they do with Med supplements also allows people to pick plans more affordable. Americans are the best innovators in the world and we should use highly regulated certified agents in the field who are experts in Medicare instead of high cost government employees.  Agents,  independent ones, don’t get a salary nor benefits so they have to treat you well to keep you as a client in order to get paid a fee to run their practice. They use companies like  GoodRX as just one resource to help people all ages save on drug cost. And that they do probono! Yes we welcome government oversight but just like AARP,  they use an insurance carrier UHC and their certified agents to help their members get excellent Medicare products and support.  Working together both private and public we can save money. We are just too divided!  

Super Social Butterfly

Message 24 of 92

I despise those types of ads.  In effect, they claim to give you relief from a problem, but admit it might kill you in the process.  Well of course you will no longer have jumpylegs if you are six feet under!  Any time one of those ads comes on my TV I give it the old "mute button" treatment or else go to the refridge for a cold one!

Info Seeker

Message 25 of 92

I think medicine that can only be obtained with a prescription is inappropriate for T.V.

Info Seeker

Message 26 of 92

You are correct all TV Commercials do is increase the cost to the consumer.  This needs to be eleminated along with letting us buy foreign manufactured drugs frum Canada, Great Britian, Germany, and France.  We also need to have Medicare and Medicaid pay a lower price for drugs purchased by them just like any other insurance company.  These items alone will save Medicare Millions of Dollars every year. 

Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 27 of 92

I find it scary. The treatment is more deadly than the illness, due to some horrific side effects.

Info Seeker

Message 28 of 92

If my doctor doesn’t know what I need, I need a new doctor.  Seriously, this is so stupid it defies reality.  Ask your doctor if you need “fill in the blank”, is just ridiculous.

Info Seeker

Message 29 of 92

Prescription drugs should NOT be advertised on TV or in magazines. Think how much less we might pay for drugs if the pharmaceutical companies didn't spend all that money on advertising. Besides, by the time I get through hearing all of the possible side effects, why would I want to take any of them?!

Info Seeker

Message 30 of 92

I don't like them for all the reasons everyone is saying. I find them distasteful and stressful.