On Memorial Day weekend, we remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice. AARP also offers resources and news for military veterans and families.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: TV Commercials 2017

Message 1 of 12

Here is my favorite for the season . . . 

. . . . aaawwwee!  Smiley Happy

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 12

Love  the  Geico  commercial  where  a  sloth  is  hanging  from  an  easel  trying  to  draw  a  tandem  bicycle  but  can  only  draw  one  line  in  the  time  allotted. I  assume  the  people  are  playing  Pictionary.  Cute  and  clever.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 12

@Cirice wrote:

If you follow the "Songs That Make You Happy" thread in the Rock N' Roll Forum, then you probably already know that I love that San Diego Summer Feeling commercial. And if you didn't already know... well, now you do Smiley Tongue

I kinda like commercials, lol

But a few years ago, there was this life insurance commercial that I absolutely hated. I mean, this commercial was so bad that I actually Googled it to see if anyone else felt the same way. Turns out I wasn't the only one. In fact, people have written blogs about how much they hate this commercial.

So, here it is...

Metlife "Dad's Accident"

Ya. That was creepy!  I don’t remember ever seeing it. 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 12

If you follow the "Songs That Make You Happy" thread in the Rock N' Roll Forum, then you probably already know that I love that San Diego Summer Feeling commercial. And if you didn't already know... well, now you do Smiley Tongue

I kinda like commercials, lol

But a few years ago, there was this life insurance commercial that I absolutely hated. I mean, this commercial was so bad that I actually Googled it to see if anyone else felt the same way. Turns out I wasn't the only one. In fact, people have written blogs about how much they hate this commercial.

So, here it is...

Metlife "Dad's Accident"

Assume nothing. Question everything. And start thinking.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 12

c579713h wrote:

Here in Dallas we have a lot of local channels that have a lot of the old series of variuos shows. But sadly every commercial is either about medication or attorneys or drug lawsuits and Medicare. And then we have funeral  commercials . I guess whn you are a senior they try to target you and make you worry . You need life alert ? Why heck here in Dallas for awhile nobdy was answering the 911 calls ! I pulled the plug on cable  and the antenna. I have a lot of my favorite shows on Dvd . I could care less about the reality shows or all the muder shows and then we wonder why we have so much crime ! A lot of seniors are not frail and helpless . But these commercials try to make people think you are.  I miss the days of the Kool-Aid commercials andmthe coffee ones. 

@c579713h  Now that I think about it you make a good point!   I want to see commercials for Aruba!!  LOL.  That said the old commercials were so different from those today!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 12

@doglover52 wrote:

A recent commercial I saw always brings tears to my eyes. A little boy who is missing his dad,has written little notes to him,folded like airplanes,tosses them over the fence into his next door neighbor's yard. The older,kind neighbor after he reads a couple collects them,puts in a box mails them.The next image shows the father in fatigues possibly in Iraq or Afganistan reading his son's notes.

The commerical ends when the neighbor tosses the dad's reply notes over the fence,look on the boy's face is a big grin-priceless!. The ad isn't from the postal service,its very effective Sue

@doglover52  That is such a cute commercial.  You are right it can bring tears!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 12

Here in Dallas we have a lot of local channels that have a lot of the old series of variuos shows. But sadly every commercial is either about medication or attorneys or drug lawsuits and Medicare. And then we have funeral  commercials . I guess whn you are a senior they try to target you and make you worry . You need life alert ? Why heck here in Dallas for awhile nobdy was answering the 911 calls ! I pulled the plug on cable  and the antenna. I have a lot of my favorite shows on Dvd . I could care less about the reality shows or all the muder shows and then we wonder why we have so much crime ! A lot of seniors are not frail and helpless . But these commercials try to make people think you are.  I miss the days of the Kool-Aid commercials andmthe coffee ones. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 12

A recent commercial I saw always brings tears to my eyes. A little boy who is missing his dad,has written little notes to him,folded like airplanes,tosses them over the fence into his next door neighbor's yard. The older,kind neighbor after he reads a couple collects them,puts in a box mails them.The next image shows the father in fatigues possibly in Iraq or Afganistan reading his son's notes.

The commerical ends when the neighbor tosses the dad's reply notes over the fence,look on the boy's face is a big grin-priceless!. The ad isn't from the postal service,its very effective Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 12

@DougIvy wrote:

Hello all.

Interesting topic.

My wife and I don't particularly like most TV commercials - but - our latest dislike is the pizza commercial where the little boy's Dad brings him a nice pizza, but because of some 'infraction', (the kid mumbles something so fast and unintelligible), the kid rips the #1 Dad portion of the Dad's hat off.

I guess we just don't like the portrayal of a completely spoiled, rude, unappreciative brat on our TV.

There ARE some clever commercials out there . . . but that is for another time I think.

Omg. I agree with you. I hate that commercial!  

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 12

Hello all.

Interesting topic.

My wife and I don't particularly like most TV commercials - but - our latest dislike is the pizza commercial where the little boy's Dad brings him a nice pizza, but because of some 'infraction', (the kid mumbles something so fast and unintelligible), the kid rips the #1 Dad portion of the Dad's hat off.

I guess we just don't like the portrayal of a completely spoiled, rude, unappreciative brat on our TV.

There ARE some clever commercials out there . . . but that is for another time I think.

Kudos
Views