Eye scans and gene editing are among the new frontiers in Alzheimer’s research! Learn more in AARP’s report on medical breakthroughs.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: THE VOICE SEASON 17

Message 11 of 34

This is off-topic, but "TV Talk" is the only group in which I post semi-regularly. Do you check out new material in other groups, and post there too? I hardly ever do, and when I did post recently, a 3rd person accused me of shaming the other poster, and then attacked me! It certainly doesn't motivate me to check out other group discussions on AARP!!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 34

I've never watched (or heard of) Masked Singer. Googled it, but doubt I'd care for it.

There were two or three more singers that I liked this week. No special favorites yet. Each coach has one spot left, so Monday will be the end of the blinds.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 34

@ASTRAEA ...Having trouble again replying on my computer,  so am on my phone. I did watch Masked Singer once last season,  but couldn't get into it. I didn't like the waiting to see who was under the costume. 

My friend loves that show and thourogly enjoys it.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 34

@MaVolta@catwoman500 - Do you watch "The Masked Singer"? I watched part of it the other evening. I'm curious as to who's under the mask, but I don't have the patience for all the rest. Smiley Wink

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 34

@ASTRAEA  - I agree. It's not supposed to be about the coaches, and I hate the pursuing arguments to win over artists to their teams. No sooner said, half will be cut from the show, and better luck next time!

I haven't counted but it doesn't seem that there have been as many 4-chair turns this season. A lot of 3's, though. All of the coaches seem to have a strategy on the type of artists that they want, and go for diversity. I can appreciate that. I'm not putting to much stock in chair turns since the teams fill up quickly, and the coaches are looking for a particular fit as they go.

One other interesting thing this season is the editing. Some of the performers are not shown on camera at first, so that the viewer gets a similar perspective as the coaches. It often is a real surprise at the reveal. Then they will go back and do the artist bio. 👍

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 34

@catwoman500 - I've had conflicts with other programs I watch, so I haven't seen all the blinds, but frankly no one knocked my socks off yet! Half the time there's a 4-chair turn, I think the 3rd & 4th coach turn because the 1st two did, and they all have FOMO! It must be a measure for me that the coaches babble too much about themselves, that I hardly remember the contestants' names at this point!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 34

@MaVolta I obviously have a totally different mindset than CNN! I watch to hear & see the contestants & their stories, NOT the repetitive bickering between the coaches, that for me not only grows old real fast, but detracts from contestants whose lives depend on The Voice. More than once a performer was standing by awkwardly after their blind audition, while Blake & Gwen (or Blake & Adam) went into their little arguments, and Kelly just babbled!

How about a coaching panel including Alicia Keyes, John Legend, Pharrell Williams, and one other singer-songwriter who's been performing at least 10 years?!

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 34

@MaVolta ...Yes...saw that yesterday on Ellen, I think.

Meanwhile the Blinds are almost over and I'm not sure what I'm going to do...will I continue to watch or not?

Monday I picked Joana Martinez, Team Blake, Zach Bridges, also Team Blake, Matthew New, Team Legend, and gave my first 2 star rating to Ricky Duran, Team Blake.

Tuesday I liked Ricky Braddy, Team Blake, and Khalea Lynee, the four chair turn who chose John.

For me Blake added some nice talent this week. Up until now John had and still has most of my faves. N.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 34

Gwen Stefani is leaving The Voice (next season).

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/08/entertainment/gwen-stefani-the-voice-trnd/index.html?utm_source=CNN+F...

Nick Jonas is set to take her place according to the article above.

Rereading it, that's next season in 2020.

Thought that it would be weird if she left mid-stream.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 34

Still watching it. Some of the silliness during the breaks doesn't bother me so much. After so many hours of auditions, I can give them some slack.  But all that nonsense that goes on when they are trying to out-do each other to win over the artist is insane. They spend so much time bantering about that the artist is just left on stage looking like 😐. 

There were a few more that I liked this week, including Mendeleyev, Marybeth Byrd, Kiara Brown and James Violet. The rest will need another listen.

Kudos
Views