Learn how to spot and avoid common scams with AARP's Fraud Resource Center. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: THE VOICE PREMIER FEBRUARY 26TH 2018

Message 81 of 201

@ASTRAEA - Yes, I agree, some of them did sound pitchy. Maybe it was live tv jitters. 

@catwoman500 - Having all 24 performances in one evening did feel rushed. On the upside, we were spared the coaches' comments in between. Those tend to get monotonous after a while, but that's just me.

Those that got the 'saves' were all very good. I agree with the choices except that I would have voted for D.R. on Team Kelly. There were a few artists that didn't quite have their best night, and there were some who really brought it.

So I guess that we'll see two teams tonight and two teams tomorrow? I may have to makes some adjustments after the next round of voting!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 201

4/16 show, The Lives

Not sure I liked being bombarded with all 24 artists in one night. In some instances I didn’t even catch the name of the song and they didn’t post it on the screen like they usually do for a few seconds.

Team Kelly was first and since I only have 2 one-star likes on her team I would have voted for Brynn, too.

Team Adam has 4 of my one-star artists and one of my two-stars. I would have voted for Drew, my two-star, but Sharane sounded awesome and even though I was surprised she was the one saved, I’m fine with that. Mia is the only one on this team that is not on my lists, but maybe she should be. She keeps getting better and better and sounded really great last night. I didn’t think Rayshun had a great performance.

For me, Team Blake has a one-star, Spensha, and a two-star, Pryor. I would have voted for Pryor. I don’t think Spensha had her best night last night. I can see why Kyla was saved. She had an amazing performance.

Every artist on Team Alicia is either a one-star or a two-star for me. What a team! I would have voted for Kelsea. She and Johnny, Terrence, and Christiana are my two-stars and Britton and Jackie F. are my one-stars. Johnny and Terrence did not have their best performances last night IMHO. Britton was saved.

I have not checked to see what is going on tonight, but does it mean that we’ll hear 10 artists tonight and then 10 more on Wednesday?

@ASTRAEA, I agree with the "pitchy" on some of the performances for sure! N.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 201

I had to listen to part of last night's show from my office, where I was on a conference call. Was it my imagination, that quite a few of the artists sounded pitchy, or even plain old "off key"?

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 201

For me, there were two big battles. The first was DR and Tish from Team Kelly, the other was Kelsea and Sharane from Team Alicia, both from Team Alicia. I think that both battles were evenly matched and could have gone either way, but would agree with Alicia the coaches in giving the edge to DR and Kelsea. DR and Tish are such powerful singers, but DR tends to get points for his vocal elements. I thought Kelsea was flawless, and Sharane evoked a style reminicent of Elvis; she just put it all out there. With Alicia Kelly saving Tish and Adam stealing Sharane, all continue to the live rounds. (Just corrected my post. I had everyone mixed up yesterday!)

Britton was amazing. He sounds so much older than 18. He has "an old soul" in there, as Pharrell used to say. I thought Blake was right about Dallas; she needs a couple of years.

Wilkes showed me that he has what it takes to possibly win the show. Now that's the way to do folk-rock! Dylan, on the other hand, said he wanted to sing folk-rock, but his song went down the R&B lane, to me. With so many powerful R&B/Soul singers in the line-up already, I don't know why Kelly spent the steal. Perhaps it was more emotional than logical to get her team member back.

Rayshun seemed an obvious choice for Adam, although Gary made a good match of it, and got the steal from Blake.

Alexa and Jorge were my least favorite pairing. Jorge has a lot of charisma, but not so much in vocal quality. Alexa has the quality, but lacks control, and seems very nervous. She couldn't have picked a more difficult song to sing, and it did get pitchy in a couple of places. That said, she had a strong finish, so edge to Alexa.  - - - - Also, Alexa sang with great clarity and diction that I could understand every word. 

And finally, hooray for Reid, my home-team guy, moving on to the live show for Team Adam. What we heard was really good! 

Look forward to the live performances next week. For now, I have Spensha, Wilkes, Britton, DR, Jackie F, Kelsea, Reid, and ? Pryor or Sharane.  We have 9 days to narrow it down to three on the app.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 201

4/9 show

So, it’s on to the lives next week, and we get to vote! I sure need to clarify my top choices soon. After last night, my top 6 are pretty well set, but I have to go to my one star list and start cutting that down; it’s still at 8!

First up last night were Alicia’s Britton and Dallas. Both were on my one star list. Britton nailed his performance while Dallas seemed nervous. Alicia kept Britton.

Kelly’s DR and Tish were next. Both are powerful, but neither are on my lists. Tish’s performance was wild. Kelly chose DR and then went for her save of Tish when Adam tried to steal her back. Tish was loyal to Kelly and chose to stay instead of ping ponging back to Team Adam.

Dylan and Wilkes from Team Blake were next and neither were on my lists. Both sounded good to me and I probably would have picked Wilkes, too. I wish Blake wouldn’t keep calling him out for having such a chilled out personality. Enough already! So Kelly steals and ping pongs Dylan back to her team! HA!

Team Adam’s Gary and Rayshun performed next. Gary is not on my lists and Rayshun is on my one star list. No contest for me as Rayshun was WOW! Glad Adam kept him. Blake used his steal on Gary.

Next up were 2 of my one stars on Team Kelly…Jorge and Alexa. Wondering if they edited Alexa’s song. It seemed short to me. Neither impressed me much last night. Kelly kept Alexa.

Alicia’s Kelsea and Sharane were last to perform after they snuck in a “halfway heard” performance by Team Adam’s Reid who was partnered with Jordyn who had yet to be heard at all! So good-bye to un-heard Jordyn as Adam kept Reid who is on my one star list.

Back to Kelsea and Sharane…I was expecting this to be a wild ride and it was. Kelsea is one of my 2 star artists and Sharane is a one star. Kelsea was amazing, but Sharane was crazy good, too. We knew Adam would get the one Alicia didn’t keep, so no harm, no foul. Kelsea stayed with Alicia and Sharane went to Adam.

Tonight is billed as The Road to the Lives, so I will watch and see if I can make any more decisions on who to cut from my one star list. Cat Tongue

Hope you all enjoyed last night’s performances. N.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 201

@MaVoltawrote:

@catwoman500wrote:

Never even imagined that they would do that during the important performances. Cat Frustrated N.

Neither did I. One performance (can't remember which) did seem very short, but I didn't notice until I saw Jaron, and it was remarkably short, and the edit more noticeable. Wonder if he went into a dance and they just removed that section?

@MaVolta and @catwoman500  You have good perception.. they tryed to do that editing without it being apparent (apparently ha) but you caught them.  I guess they had to cut something with the additional time given to the new save setting up more bidding wars for the performers ..  

I try and watch every performance for itself but it is hard not to compare them against each other too..  lots of variety in these teams.

Looking forward to Monday!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 201

@catwoman500wrote:

Never even imagined that they would do that during the important performances. Cat Frustrated N.

Neither did I. One performance (can't remember which) did seem very short, but I didn't notice until I saw Jaron, and it was remarkably short, and the edit more noticeable. Wonder if he went into a dance and they just removed that section?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 201

@MaVolta, Good for you to pick up the editing! I didn't give it any further thought, but I actually did wonder why a couple of the songs were so short!  DUH! Never even imagined that they would do that during the important performances. Cat Frustrated N.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 201

I enjoyed the show, too. 

Brynn and Pryor were obvious winners. Brynn is amazing for a 14 year-old, but she still needs time to mature and ripen her vocals. Coaches were gracious to Jamella, who definitely had pitch problems. Jaron was no match for Pryor. Pryor really connected with the audience. The variety of talent on Team Blake has certainly made for odd pairings. 

Christiana and Terrence were both very good. I guess I'd have to give Terrence the edge, but Christiana was well worth the save from Alicia. I wasn't surprised to see her stay on with Alicia even though Kelly and Adam made attempts to steal her. 

Jaron's performance was edited. Did you notice? I thought one of the other performances seemed to be cut a little short as well. I'm beginning to believe that the edited performances are those that aren't going to make the cut anyway. 

Is it just me, or do you all get tired of seeing the biography sketches over and over? Most of them have told heartwarming stories, some are even sad, but once and I'm good, okay?

Several of my favorites will be on the Monday show - Reid, Jackie V, Sharane, Britton, D.R. and Wilkes.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 90 of 201

4/3 show

It was nice for the shorter show to have no un-heard knockouts! But according to my chart, there are 7 more knockouts to go and with them getting 6 in on the 2 hour show, I’m not sure how they will work next week’s schedule.

So we started off last night with Team Kelly’s Brynn, the 14 year old vs Jamella, one of the un-heards. Brynn is a one star for me and obviously since I had never heard Jamella, she was a question mark. Well! Brynn really brought it with Here Comes Goodbye! She just went higher on my one star list for sure. Jamella sounded flat to me.

Blake was next with Jaron and Pryor. HA! A no brainer for me since Pryor is one of my top 2 star artists and Jaron not even a blip on my radar. I loved Pryor even more after last night and he will stay at the top of my list.

Then there was Team Alicia’s Christiana vs Terrence. I have more faves on her team than any other team this season, so it was hard to see 2 of my 2 star artists against each other, but it made it more exciting. Christiana was amazing and Terrence’s performance was a blast! It would have been so hard to call, but I was betting that they would both be safe. Alicia chose Terrence, and as expected pushed to save Christiana, but then Kelly and Adam jumped in to try a steal. Christiana was smart to stay with Alicia. N

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors