Learn how to spot and avoid common scams with AARP's Fraud Resource Center. Try it today!

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: THE VOICE PREMIER FEBRUARY 26TH 2018

Message 71 of 201

4/18 show, Lives, Teams Kelly and Adam

I hate to be so late to the party, but….Oh, good grief! Everyone is correct…and, yes Adam did say that he hoped this was the last time they had to do it this way. Amen to that! Yikes!

@nyadrn...I never even thought about the folks on the west coast…that is totally unfair!

Loved all your comments on what the coaches say about how each artist is unique! Love @ASTRAEA's great idea to compile them and have the coaches listen to what they have said!

So last night I lost all but 2 of my two-star artists, so now I just have Pryor and Christiana at the top of my list. I will still have to rank what’s left of my one-stars to make a top list for myself. Glad I don’t have the app at this point!

Team Kelly was first and I was wondering if Dylan’s song was about marijuana??? I think I read it was a Tom Petty song and the lyrics could be interpreted a couple of ways.

DR sounded good and I would have voted for him even though he’s not one of my faves.

@MaVolta wrote: "Really disappointed that Adam didn't pick Reid or Drew. Both were better than Jackie V, IMO."

I agree there...

For Team Adam I would have voted for my two-star Drew so I was totally upset when Adam didn’t even save him. Mia was way too shouty, but I liked Reid and Jackie V. I was surprised that Rayshun was saved over Reid and Drew. If I can’t have either of those anymore, I guess I’m glad Adam saved our local girl, Jackie V.

Glad that Pryor was saved by America’s vote on Tuesday, and since Spensha was the only other one on Team Blake that I liked, I’m glad he saved her.

Thank goodness Alicia saved Christiana.

ARRGGGH! What a mess this season’s show has turned into. Hope they realize viewers are not enjoying this new format.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 201

@MaVolta - Yes, it would be very easy after a couple of seasons (or even a couple of episodes), to start jotting down each coach's (overused) catch phrases .. even Alicia's heart-felt comments about people's souls speaking to her!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 201

@nyadrn - I'll go a step further, that this was the worst week ever, since I've been watching the show. The new format is awful. Thank you, Adam Levine, for saying it out loud on live tv! Adam just said what everyone else was thinking.

Also, you make a good point about West Coasters. They're probably all sitting on a freeway somewhere when the show starts. 

@ASTRAEA - That's a great idea! Make the coaches listen to their repeated comments on how every artist is so talented, so unique, no one like you, voice like no other, etc, etc . . . . It's why I've come to hate the coaches comments. It doesn't mean that much. I will give Kelly credit for trying to be different with her comments, maybe because she was so nervous and excited. On the other hand, Alicia said the same thing to everyone on her team.

It's hard to pick a top 3, not because they are all that good, it's because no one stands out. If I were a betting person, my money would be on Britton. So I'll go with Britton, Pryor, and Sharane. Really disappointed that Adam didn't pick Reid or Drew. Both were better than Jackie V, IMO.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 201

@nyadrnwrote:

" .. Every coach thinks every artist is the very very greatest ever, or so it seems.  .."

I think it would actually be funny if the producers collected all of those clips for each of the coaches, and showed them together, where they tell 80% of their own artists that they're "unique" and could win the whole thing!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 201

Last night even Adam Levine commented very seriously about how he hates their new format & elimination process, hoping they never do it like this again. I guess it's a credit to the producers, that they don't just edit comments like that out! Wonder if they talk to the coaches off-camera, about not being too negative about changes to the show's process?!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 201

That was the worst The Voice show I have ever watched.  

I dont know what to say.   

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 201

@MaVolta  @catwoman500  @ASTRAEA

After tonight our Voice app team will be down to three.   

So who are your three?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 201

@catwoman500 @MaVolta  @ASTRAEA

Wow I enjoyed all of your recaps. 

I do not like the current format. Every performance seems short and rushed and I haven't been amazed by anyone.

Every coach thinks every artist is the very very greatest ever, or so it seems.  

Social media west coasters hate the live voting and I can see their point. By the time they see the show the voting is over. That makes no sense and they are very vocal.  

I think The Voice was wrong in trying to do a big change to compete with Idol.  Idol was the under dog. 

After tonight all the teams will be at three and then the voting will be interesting.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 201

Two down, two to go. I have no idea who will get voted through.

I like everyone on Team Blake, so it's hard to decide. Spensha was a favorite, but the past two evenings, some of her notes were going flat. Pryor and Wilkes are also favorites and both were very good. But then Austin came along and did a more update pop number, and he was excellent! I want to hear more of that instead of the old standards that he's been singing. While he's been entertaining, he needs to showcase his voice, and he did that last night. Blake is going to have a tough choice no matter who gets voted through.

For Team Alicia, I have always enjoyed Kelsea, Jackie, and Christiana. I haven't been drawn to either Johnny or Terrence. I think I'd have to go with Christiana, but Jackie sure nailed it. Alicia will also have a tough choice.

Once in a while, it sounded like the band was overpowering the vocalists. I especially noticed it with Spensha and Jackie, especially when they went to softer tones. I wasn't sure that Jackie's mike was working when she started to sing. Did anyone else notice it?

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 201

4/17 show, Lives for Team Blake and Team Alicia

For Team Blake, I would have voted for Pryor, but Wilkes may be a dark horse. He has not been on my radar at all, but dang, that was a really good performance last night and I loved the song!

For Team Alicia, once again I wasn’t thrilled with Johnny. He may be off my two-star list soon. Terrence, too. I must be one of those people who just don’t get Terrence's music, but the last 2 performances were odd to me. Christiana was a WOW! for me, and Jackie F. was great, too. I also enjoyed Kelsea’s performance. I probably would have voted for Christiana.

Guess we get to see those results tonight when we hear from Team Kelly and Team Adam.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors