Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: THE VOICE PREMIER FEBRUARY 26TH 2018

Message 61 of 201

FOR A CHANGE OF PACE .. I have links to 3 performers doing the same song. One was on The Voice a few seasons ago & was very popular (but didn't win). It may just be a matter of taste, but I'd be curious to know which of these singers you think did it the best .. and if you can identify each one.

Click on each link & close your eyes, only going by their vocal performances! HAVE FUN! Smiley Happy

Performer #1

Performer #2

Performer #3

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 201

I enjoyed the performances, also, especially Team Blake. Everyone I gave votes to made it through except D.R. I had given him 5 votes, and thought he would do better. Rayshun is quite the entertainer, but I'm not really a fan of his music or style. 

@catwoman500 - I've been using the app for the past few seasons. It does help me keep track of who's who. It's a quick way to look at the members on each team. You do have to cut your team to 3 when the coaches go to three, but you can make changes up until just before the finale. It's also a convenient way to vote, with exception of the Twitter voting, and I don't do Twitter.

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 201

4/24/ Elimination show.

Loved the entertainment, especially the surprise from the cast of Rise. I watch that show and really enjoy it. It is so current!

Team Kelly sounded great as well as Team Blake.

Nice that Maroon 5 performed their new song, too.

So everyone I voted for on Monday night made it through. When it came down to the “sing off,” Twitter vote performances, it was a toss-up for me. They both sounded great, but as Rayshun was originally on my one-star list, I was hoping he was the one saved, and he was.

Pryor and Christiana are still my top 2. I’m thinking Brynn and Sharane next, then Spensha and Jackie V. Still have to narrow this down, and once again I’m glad I didn’t get the app and make a team…I’m influenced too much by the most recent performances and change my mind too often. Cat LOL

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 201

Well, I hate to say it, but generally speaking, the program was rather boring. I didn't care much for any of the song choices. I guess America didn't either, because no one broke into the top 10 on iTunes! I wonder if that has ever happened before, at this point in the competition?

Britton was good with Small Town, but better song choices await him. I like the song Amazed, and Kaleb did an okay job, but nothing special, to me.

There is no clear front runner, but I'm still giving the edge to Britton, at this point. Assuming they are voted through, I guess I'll stick with my top 3 of Britton, Pryor, and Sharane. My second tier folks would be Spensha (who was much better last night), Kyla, and maybe Kaleb or Jackie F, and any of them could move up or down.

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 201

4/23 show, Top 12 Lives

I am so confused as to my choices now. Since I was finally able to vote online last night I gave 10 votes to Pryor, Christiana, Spensha, Brynn, Sharane, and Jackie V. But… Some of my one or zero stars artists sounded great last night so I gave 8 votes to Kaleb and Kyla, and 5 votes to Rayshun and Jackie F. I’m really having a hard time making decisions as to who I like best after Pryor and Christiana, as you can see. I can’t even make an educated guess as to who will go home tonight. Cat LOL

@ASTRAEA, this will be another one of those nights with "pregnant pauses" as they announce several times during the hour, who is safe.Cat Frustrated

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 201

@MaVoltawrote:

If the producers want to tighten things up, why not start with 10 per team instead of 12? They would be down to 8 per team after knock-outs. That would also give ample time to hear all of the performances. It seems so simple and logical . . .  

If they wanted to tighten things up, they could eliminate those "pregnant pauses" .. like when Carson says, "America saved .." and counts to 20 (or maybe 30), before actually saying the person's name!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 201

I believe that the last couple of seasons (or so) the teams did go from 24 to 12 with 3 per team. The two highest vote getters on each team were saved, and then the coach got to save one. The whole process took longer with the open voting until noon the next day. Then there were seasons with "bring-back" artists with each coach having 4. They counted down from 16 by votes and itunes sales, and introduced the instant save at some point. Seems like they cut from 10 to 5, and then 8 to 4, but memory bank is a little sluggish back that far! 

If the producers want to tighten things up, why not start with 10 per team instead of 12? They would be down to 8 per team after knock-outs. That would also give ample time to hear all of the performances. It seems so simple and logical . . . 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 201

@ASTRAEAwrote:

@nyadrn - I don't remember how each coach's team "shrunk" over the course of the competition, but my guess is that if it got very unbalanced, with one or a couple of coaches have much fewer artists, than the other coaches, it reduces those coaches' ability to have as much airtime for competitive banter, and also reduces the excitement for the audience.

True but it was a true representation of the viewers (voters) choices.  Those are the ones who determine the success of the show.  The viewers responded in pretty big numbers about their feelings on this change. 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 201

@nyadrn - I don't remember how each coach's team "shrunk" over the course of the competition, but my guess is that if it got very unbalanced, with one or a couple of coaches have much fewer artists, than the other coaches, it reduces those coaches' ability to have as much airtime for competitive banter, and also reduces the excitement for the audience.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 201

@catwoman500@ASTRAEA  @MaVolta    

Glad I am not watching alone.  I can’t help but wonder how regular open voting would have shaped the teams. You know I am not happy at all as I lost all of my favs.  Voting for a set number by team is not fair at all imho.  I am trying to get motivated to watch next week.  😖

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors