From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: THE VOICE PREMIER FEBRUARY 26TH 2018

Message 41 of 201

And then, I ran across this article that doesn't paint a very flattering picture, with more details on the contracts and how producers are able to manipulate voting if they so choose. According to this, producers can give any contestant the boot at any time. 

https://www.fame10.com/entertainment/the-voice-10-behind-the-scenes-secrets/?streamview=all

The website has several other blog posts on The Voice. It's an entertainment website, so I don't know how reliable the information really is. Nevertheless, I found them interesting to read when taken with a grain of salt!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 201

I also ran across the Christina article, and found the wardrobe comment hard to believe. They all seem to wear "whatever" with the exception being Blake. He's fairly consistent with his cowboy attire. 

This article was published in Billboard recently. It gives a little more information on the inner workings of the show. I didn't realize that contestants were compensated, along with having their expenses paid. It doesn't go into much detail, but the contracts are huge.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/television/8390259/inside-voice-casting-assistant-shawn-carn...

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 201

@nyadrn, Oh, wow! That's a great song. N.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 201

Ps.  Did you hear that Jordan Smith co-wrote this song for the upcoming movie

https://youtu.be/CX11yw6YL1w

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 201

@catwoman500wrote:

@nyadrn, @ASTRAEA, I also heard that yesterday, but I only zoomed in on  the “You realize it’s not about music. It’s about making good TV moments and massaging a story.” part.

I was never really that keen on her as a person and find it hard to believe that she didn't know what she was signing up for considering she has done more than one stint as a coach on The Voice!

It rubs me the wrong way that she NOW is bad-mouthing the show. Why did she wait so long?

Control over clothing? Huh? Yes, Astraea, some of Miley's ensembles have been pretty wild!Cat LOL

Isn't all TV about making "good moments?"

I still love the show and realize we may hit a bad season or two.

@catwoman500

@ASTRAEA  @MaVolta

Good points.  I still like the show. I am just aggravated with the voting issues and losing my two favs early.  I also had Sharane.  Sigh.  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 201

@ASTRAEAwrote:

@nyadrn - I heard that she'd made negative comments, but I actually thought they were about her fellow coaches, not the show's rules! I was surprised to read her comments about NBC's control over clothing, because I thought Miley Cyrus had relatively free rein. Her other comments don't surprise me at all.

@ASTRAEA @catwoman500@MaVolta  I cannot believe they control wardrobe.  Adam wears concert wear street clothes whatever. Nd it sure looks like the women do.  Maybe it is sour grapes on not being invited back??

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 201

@nyadrn, @ASTRAEA, I also heard that yesterday, but I only zoomed in on  the “You realize it’s not about music. It’s about making good TV moments and massaging a story.” part.

I was never really that keen on her as a person and find it hard to believe that she didn't know what she was signing up for considering she has done more than one stint as a coach on The Voice!

It rubs me the wrong way that she NOW is bad-mouthing the show. Why did she wait so long?

Control over clothing? Huh? Yes, Astraea, some of Miley's ensembles have been pretty wild!Cat LOL

Isn't all TV about making "good moments?"

I still love the show and realize we may hit a bad season or two.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 201

@nyadrn - I heard that she'd made negative comments, but I actually thought they were about her fellow coaches, not the show's rules! I was surprised to read her comments about NBC's control over clothing, because I thought Miley Cyrus had relatively free rein. Her other comments don't surprise me at all.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 201

Here is an interesting interview.  Did not expect this of Christina

THIS IS THE VOICE! 10:50 am Christina Aguilera, Former Voice Coach, Now Believes It’s a Bad Music Show

By Devon Ivie@devonsaysrelax Share

Christina Aguilera in 2015. Photo: Michael Loccisano/Getty Images

The Voice — where singers are blindly judged by a quartet of famous musicians in the hopes of getting a sweet, sweet cash prize and record deal — has been a mainstay in American reality television programming since its debut in 2011. There have been a few rotations of judges throughout the years, with Christina Aguilera being one of them from 2011–2016. (Adam Levine and Blake Shelton, meanwhile, will likely stay for all of eternity.) However, looking back at her time at NBC, Aguilera has a pretty sour taste in her mouth — and says she’ll never return to that “churning hamster wheel” of a show if asked. “It became something that I didn’t feel was what I had signed up for in season one,” she explained to Billboard. “You realize it’s not about music. It’s about making good TV moments and massaging a story.”

By the time she left, Aguilera says, her energy and spirit were totally depleted due to NBC’s strict brand control — which in turn dictated how she presented herself on The Voice. “I didn’t get into this business to be a television show host and to be given all these [rules],” she continued. “Especially as a female: You can’t wear this, can’t say that. I would find myself on that show desperately trying to express myself through clothing or makeup or hair. It was my only kind of outlet.” With new music coming out soon, she’ll be back to being in control.

Related

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 201

@nyadrn, Cute photo of the Smiths. I like how his bouttoneire matches her fascinator.Cat Very Happy

I understand how you feel about this season. Not a good year to be competing with the return of AI. N.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors