Medicare open enrollment begins Tuesday! Visit the AARP Medicare Resource Center for the information you need to make your best choices.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: THE VOICE PREMIER FEBRUARY 26TH 2018

Message 31 of 201

I wonder if Adam regrets having cast off Reid and / or Drew? I really think that Reid could have competed well with Pryor for the top spot. I suppose that the coaches have to make these decisions and not look back, otherwise they would never sleep!

I just looked at iTunes. I won't give anything away but I was a little surprised - several in the top 10.  Correction - only 3 in the top 10 and it may not be the ones you think. The rest look more like a race to the bottom.Cat Sad

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 201

@MaVolta @catwoman500 @ASTRAEA

Oh boy another night with no huge winner for me...  I have to say that I thought Pryor did the best job and  for me to say that is saying a lot because I love rock and pop    I could see Adam losing both his team members   neither has been great consistently but I like Rayshun and hope he stays although he was trying too hard last night and that song was not the greatest choice.   Just don't know.   

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 201

@catwoman500 - I'm with you on the style mixes - it's as if they want to cover every genre, and then they sometimes wander so far off base . . . I don't get it, either. That said . . .

Britton sang Tina Turner's classic, What's Love Got To Do With It, a song that I never expected from him. He gave it a new rhythm without changing the basic melody, and I liked it a lot. 

Pryor went country this week. Maybe not a song he would not ordinarily do, but he makes it work.

Britton and Pryor are still at the top of my list.

Kyla had a great song choice, This Is Me, and sang it so beautifully. However, the story behind the song was a very sad commentary as to what happens on social media. They really made her look glamorous in the beautiful red evening gown, too. She get's my #3 spot this week.

I thought that Christiana had her best performance, so far, and gets my 4th place. The song, Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone, seems like an odd choice for a competition with the repetitive I know..., but coach Alicia stylized it very nicely for her. 

My 5th place goes to Spensha with Red. I'm not familiar with the Taylor Swift version, so I'd have to listen and compare. I thought it fit Spensha's voice, and was nicely done. It wasn't my favorite, though. Her best songs have been more traditional country.

Two people will go home tonight. Brynn is popular, so I think she'll get voted through. Kaleb will probably squeak by another week with the country vote. So will it be the two Jackies and Rayshun at the bottom? Guess we'll find out tonight! I haven't checked iTunes yet.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 201

@nyadrnwrote:

@catwoman500wrote:

@nyadrn, Oh, wow! That's a great song. N.

Yes and Celine is singing it!!   This would probably make him the most successful The Voice alumni..

That's a beautiful song! Wow! Writing for Celine Dion, how cool is that?

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 201

5/7 show, Top 10

To me, this season has been a little different because there are a lot of artists with styles I sometimes don’t “get.” This year there really isn’t a rocker, and only one or 2 true country artists. For example, Christiana is my number 2 artist, but last night’s version of Ain’t No Sunshine, although pleasing to the coaches, was so not in my zone. I didn’t get Rayshun at all. Jackie F’s Gravity was not what I was expecting either.

Kyla was amazing even though I am not generally a fan of that style. I love country, and Kaleb was pure country last night, but I’m not into him. I enjoyed Jackie V., but that background was so bold and busy, it was distracting. Not sure I liked Spensha’s version of Red either.

Loved Pryor and he will stay my number one. Brynn did well, also.

My favorite part of last night was Kelly’s I Don’t Think About You. Cat Very Happy OMG! Her range is amazing.

I have no idea about who may leave tonight. Will it be 2 artists?

I forgot to vote last night, but luckily remembered in time this morning.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 201

@catwoman500wrote:

@nyadrn, Oh, wow! That's a great song. N.

Yes and Celine is singing it!!   This would probably make him the most successful The Voice alumni..

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 201

@catwoman500 - It's not all bad. Most of it is interesting and gives a lot of insight on what really goes on behind the scenes. I was amazed to learn how many hours the contestants have to put in on recordings and videos, and how little time they have to work on their actual performances. They don't get a lot of coaching unless they get well into the competition. It's a good thing that they are compensated because they certainly have to earn it!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 201

@ASTRAEAwrote:

@nyadrn - I heard that she'd made negative comments, but I actually thought they were about her fellow coaches, not the show's rules! I was surprised to read her comments about NBC's control over clothing, because I thought Miley Cyrus had relatively free rein. Her other comments don't surprise me at all.

It might have been both.. Smiley Wink

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 201

@ASTRAEAwrote:

It makes you question whether you even want to watch or not, when you read that the producers can disregard all their own rules, when it comes to voting a contestant off the show, or saving them!

Now I'm not sure I even want to read those articles! Cat Sad Maybe I'll enjoy the rest of the season without knowing some of those things. Cat LOL  But...I'm too curious, so pretty sure I will go back and read the articles eventually. HA! N.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 201

It makes you question whether you even want to watch or not, when you read that the producers can disregard all their own rules, when it comes to voting a contestant off the show, or saving them!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors