Staying Sharp empowers you to take control of your brain health as you age. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: THE VOICE PREMIER FEBRUARY 26TH 2018

Message 91 of 201

@nyadrn - Yes, I also enjoyed seeing the past winners sitting in as advisers. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 92 of 201

@catwoman500wrote:

Tonight should be nuts with probably a few unheard Knockouts. It doesn’t help any of the artists when they are not heard on air, and it doesn’t help me make any decisions either. Cat Tongue N.

>

@catwoman500 and @MaVolta   You both do excellent summaries!! thank youWoman Happy

As I said earlier, I am not a fan of the save the way they have set it up.  It gets too much to fight over these artists when one day later they will let them go again.  But that is just me.

I do not think Adam had any intention of losing Drew but did not want to give up Jackie (girl country singer) to Blake  and planned to keep Drew with the save.   I think it all worked out for the best...

Justin was on my team so I had to say goodbye and I booted Jackie F and replaced her with Mia after that performance.  

Looking forward to tonight!  although I am sure you are both right that there is editing done and the show is presenting the performances that they feel will get the best ratings.  But I guess in the end, all the finalists will perform and America will vote.

Lots of social media comments about Adam and his hair and outfits etc.  I think people forget that he tours with the band and does other entertainment performances and he changes the hair etc for them.  I did not think he looked his best when he was working with Jordan for sure.  

I liked having the past winners on the show.  They are all very different yet all went all the way on the show.  Good add to the show imho.

So on to tonight!!  

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 93 of 201

4/2 show… Enter the knockouts and the “save your own artist” button.

Some excitement last night as the new button made its debut. Cat LOL

First up were Jaclyn and Kyla from Team Blake. Neither of these ladies were on either of my lists. I did enjoy Jaclyn, but have always loved Lesley Gore’s You Don’t Own Me, and Kyla really brought it last night. I would have chosen her as Blake did.

Shocking result for me in the next pairing as Kelly’s Justin and Kaleb performed. Justin was on my 2 star list and didn’t do as well as he should have, IMO. Hated to see him go, but it did take one off my top list.

The next performance was where the chaos began. Team Adam’s Jackie F. and Mia were paired. Jackie is on my one star list, but Mia wasn’t. Jackie nailed her song, but Mia was really amazing. Adam had seen something in her from the get go, and he was right. The fun began with Adam choosing Mia and trying to save Jackie. HA! Kelly tried to steal; Blake tried to steal, and then Alicia figured she had to get in on this and she tried to steal. Then whole thing ended in a shocker with Jackie choosing Alicia! How crazy was that?

I agree with @MaVolta...Strange pairing of Blake’s Austin and Spensha was up next, but then again, it had to be hard to pair Austin’s style with any other. Spensha is on my one star list, but Austin was not. Spensha was better IMO. Just not sure Austin’s style would go over with today’s music lovers. Wasn’t surprised when Blake chose Spensha, but was when he saved Austin. There were no challenges to that save, so no craziness.

No contest for me with Alicia’s Johnny vs Miya as Johnny is on my 2 star list. I think he really slammed this one. He’s so powerful.

I was invested in this last Team Adam pairing of the night because Drew is on my 2 star list and Jackie V. is on my one star list and is a local West Chester, PA girl. Loved her Lady A’s American Honey. I was surprised that Adam chose Jackie over Drew, but happy he saved him with only Blake trying to steal.

Tonight should be nuts with probably a few unheard Knockouts. It doesn’t help any of the artists when they are not heard on air, and it doesn’t help me make any decisions either. Cat Tongue N.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 94 of 201

Well, I didn't know how the new "save" would work either, but I thought it was interesting and sort of amusing, in a way.  A coach still has to choose one over the other, but there is no guarantee that the coach will be able to save the other talent if there are steals.

I thought the fight over Jackie F was fun to watch. And then she ended up with Alicia, who was the last coach to chime in with a steal, but reminded her that rock came out of blues and soul. 

Kyla, Kaleb, and Johnny were obvious winners, to me. Mia and Jackie, a dead heat, and both stayed. Spensha and Austin is the oddest pairing of the evening. Austin is so entertaining to watch. Spesha has the better vocals, though, and is also one of my favorites. Blake manages to hang on to both.

Drew and Jackie V, another close call. Adam manages to keep both, but I would have picked Drew first.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 95 of 201

@nyadrn...OMG! It was so chaotic! I thought if the coach pressed their save button, that was it. I had no clue that the other coaches could steal at the same time. I thought it was actually comical, but I wouldn't want that to happen again. I'll be back later with my thoughts on last nights show. N.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 96 of 201

OMG  this new "Save" is awful.  Sorry but they spent all that time on Adam's non choice  and then again there are these performances that you never see.  Enough of the gimmicks!!!  

It is really unfair that some of the artists get so little attention!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 97 of 201

@nyadrnwrote:

On to the knock outs... this season anyone could stay or go..  lots of talent and variety and that always makes it tough to compare artists performances, for me at least. 

And I'm interested in this new "save your own artist" button. Wonder how that will figure in the Knockouts? N.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 98 of 201

On to the knock outs... this season anyone could stay or go..  lots of talent and variety and that always makes it tough to compare artists performances, for me at least. 

D.R. King was on a local radio station this afternoon..  hometown talent!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 99 of 201

I also gravitate to the artists that reflect my own musical interests, which are mostly folk-rockers and singer-songwriter types. But there are also those in other genres that are just too good to be denied, so I usually end up with a good mix. Pop is always my least favorite category so they have to be good if they sing pop!

I agree with you all about the fairness aspect and order of appearance. But given that everything is taped ahead and then severely edited, we have no way of knowing what really goes on behind the scenes. All that we see are a few snippits.

There was one big revelation this season that I had wondered about, and that was about coaching sessions. We now know that they only had the one meeting and coaching session before the blind auditions until this season when they added rehearsal time.

Another new gimmick that they advertised for the knock-out rounds is the new "save" button.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 100 of 201

@catwoman500wrote:

So, after Wednesday's recap I didn’t take anyone off my 2 star list and  tried to put them in order of preference, but that is not working. I need to hear more. As for my one star list I don’t want to take anyone off that list yet either, so I am stuck as usual, liking too many of them. On my 2 star list are: Pryor, Johnny, Drew, Justin, Kelsea, Christiana, and Terrence. My must haves on my one star list are Rayshun, Reid, Britton, Spensha, Jackie F., Jackie V., Sharane, and Jorge. And of course I still like Dallas, Alexa, and Brynn. I’m way too soft to say I don’t want any of these. HA!

So the advisors for the Knockouts are former Voice winners. I like that idea! Chloe, Chris Blue, Cassadee Pope, and Jordan Smith. Cool! N.

I always choose by my own musical taste which is often different than the team choices but close to the end result. My top two are Reid and Drew  and the rest of my choices are kind of all in a big bunch.  I would go to see a concert by either of my top artists or buy a record.  That's how I chose.   I agree on the advisors.. that should be fun to watch : )

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors