Looking for work? The U.S. Census Bureau is hiring more than 500,000 people nationwide. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: THE VOICE PREMIER FEBRUARY 26TH 2018

Message 1 of 201

@ASTRAEA  @catwoman500  @nyadrn

Looks like I'm late to the party, also!  Not really any surprises at the outcome. I had the show taped so I could FF through parts that I didn't care to see, like some of the celebrity artists I don't even know.

I did enjoy all of the ensembles with finalists and former contestants, and the finalists paired with a pro. I also liked Alicia with James Bay, and Jason Aldean. Florence was okay (weird but okay), and maybe one other that I can't recall (ha!).

They make such a big deal out of biographies. In some cases, I think that some are selected for audition b/c they have either a heartwarming or heartbreaking story to tell.  It is wonderful that there are people wanting to compete that have overcome obstacles, even tragedies, but I don't think that's the reason to vote them through. I would rather they choose the best competitors and just give us a little background, whatever it is. Once they show the bio, I got it, and don't need to see it over and over. If people want to see bios, the show should put them on their website.

I do hope they take out some of the gimmicks, like the first rounds of twitter only voting, the block, and the save. I think the coaches should have to deal with the choices they make. I don't mind the steals since it does keep some talent on the show that deserves to be there. And also, I agree with @ASTRAEA - everyone should have their full performances aired. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 201

@nyadrn - I would like to see them apportion time a lot differently ..

- I'd like them to stop having 1st & 2nd class contestants; EVERYONE's audition & performances would have to be broadcast!

- I'd like to see much more of the contestants with their coaches & mentors, learning & rehearsing .. and almost no time allocated to (AKA "wasted") on other "celebrity performers". If I wanted to see the latter, I'd get their videos or go to their shows.

- I'd also like to cut down Carson's pregnant pauses after "America saved .."; over the course of a season, that probably adds up to an hour's worth of time to see more of the artists!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 201

@catwoman500 @ASTRAEA @MaVolta

Well no surprises I guess.  I didn’t watch a lot of it. 

I wish they they would have a season where the coaches could ask back all the members of their team from previous members. I hope they get rid of the block and maybe even the saves for one season. Really do some different things.  Some change is needed to even things out.  

Oh well. I will be back to watching the next season.  

Thankfully Survivor never disappoints!   

What about you?  Biggest change you would like to see?

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 201

@catwoman500 - Dua Lipa was one performer I did see, but I had no idea who she was either! I did read this:

"Dua Lipa is an English singer, songwriter, and model. Her musical career began at age 14, when she began covering songs by other artists on YouTube. In 2015, she signed with Warner Music Group and released her first single soon after. In December 2016, a documentary about Lipa was commissioned by The Fader magazine, titled See in Blue."

Maybe they had her because her career started so young too.

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 201

I just realized right before I saw @ASTRAEA's post that I forgot to put in my two cents. I was out for a hair appointment, stopped to pick up some plants for outside, and then had to unclog a sink, do laundry, and I have no idea where the rest of the day went.

So…I was not surprised at the outcome. I thought they would be the last two standing, but thought winner and runner-up would be reversed. I really had not lost hope with Spensha though. I think Blake will do right by her and Kyla and get the ball rolling for them.

Must be a feather in Kelly’s cap to have the winner her first time as a coach.

I enjoyed the night’s performances by this season’s artists, and think they could do without all the “outside” talent. Like who the heck is Dua Lipa? Looked like she was wearing a belted diaper.

Then there was Florence and the Machine. I liked the song, but boy is she weird!

Halsie and Big Shawn? Not even sure I have their names spelled correctly.

I did like Jason Aldean, though!

Hoping next season has no new gimmicks and lots of talent!

As for AGT, I usually watch some of it depending on what else is on at the same time. N.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 201

I'm surprised no one's posted yet about the finale! I intended to watch, but forgot that it was just a recap at 8 pm .. and by 9 pm I fell asleep early on! First thing this morning, when I logged on to the PC, I checked the results. I wasn't surprised about Bryn winning, but I was surprised that Britton was #2; I thought it would have been Spensha.

They're not wasting any time starting "America's Got Talent" right away! Do you watch that too?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 201

@catwoman500 - I agree, no need to see "highlights" either. They do have quite a guest list lined up to entertain us until the final moments "reveal". 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 201

The season finale  -  Certainly not the best ever, and I didn't expect that it would be. I suspect after all the hoopla that Brynn will emerge as the winner. Here are my takeaways from the evening.

Spensha was my favorite of the evening. I liked all three of her songs, and I think that she had her best evening of the competition. She gets my first place vote. It sounds like Blake is going to get her onto the country stage regardless of outcome, so still a win for her.

Kyla has a wonderful voice, her duet with Blake was lovely, and I especially liked her new song. But her opening cover song just went over the top. It started out well, but went out of control. Nevertheless, Blake is right, she does have the best voice in the competition.

Britton's performances just didn't work for me. The new song that he wrote was nice, but not his best effort. His cover really rocked, but all the running around the stage was distracting, and the song wasn't especially a great one to cover. But the duet with Alicia was the most disappointing. Their voices didn't blend well and Britton was off at times. I kept waiting for the big finish. The fans were ready to clap and there was anticipation that they would go into full blown Avicii mode, but that didn't happen, and it becomes a missed opportunity.

Which brings me to Brynn, who I believe is most likely to win. Her original song was well done, and her cover of Skyfall was pretty good. I didn't care much for the duo with Kelly, but still a good song. She has a mature voice for a 15-year-old, but still has room to grow and should improve with time. She has all the makings of a pop star, and that is likely to give her the win.

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 201

5/21 Finale part 1, Top 4

Last night each of the 4 artists had three performances: a cover, and original, and a duet with their coach. So here is what I thought:

Kyla was first with a cover of Get By with a little Help from my Friends. Yikes, she was powerfully good! Her original piece, The Last Tear was great also. I didn’t like the duet, Only Love with Blake.

Britton’s original song, Where You Come From, written in Chemistry class, needed a lot more chemistry for me. In the duet with Alicia, Wake Me Up, he sounded better than Alicia. And his rendition of Good Lovin’ was loads of fun!

Brynn and Kelly’s duet of Don’t Dream It’s Over was nice. Her original, co-written with Julia Michaels, Walk My Way, was a great song. And her cover of Skyfall was a good choice, too.

Spensha’s cover of Merry Go Round was a very good choice for her. I liked it. Her duet with Blake, Tell Me About It was better than his duet with Kyla. And her original, Old Soul, was perfect.

I gave Spensha 10 votes, Kyla and Brynn 8 votes. I can’t even predict what may happen tonight after 3 hours of spinning before we get to the last seconds when the winner is named. I’m not even sure I want to watch the 8:00-9:00 rehash, I mean “highlights” show. N.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 201

I watched "Little Women" last night .. not the Billboard Awards show; I thought there was a 3rd episode, but apparently it was only the 2 .. so it's over now.

I had a very long day Saturday .. a meeting 90+ miles from home, with rain the entire drive there, leaving home at 6:30 AM! As secretary, I was busy again yesterday doing minutes .. but was totally side-tracked right after breakfast, when one of the feral cats caught a small rabbit. I spent the whole morning reaching out to rehabbers, and then finding him where he'd hidden in a safe room in which I'd put him! I made it thru "Little Women", but fell asleep about 5 minutes into the follow-up documentary about Louisa May Alcott!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors