Are you a caregiver? Tell us how you plan your getaway with loved ones for a chance to enter a weekly prize drawing.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: THE VOICE PREMIER FEBRUARY 26TH 2018

Message 21 of 201

@MaVoltawrote:

@catwoman500 - Yeah, I hated to see Pryor go, too, but really happy for Spensha and Kyla. Kyla especially deserves to be there. I'm not sure what would happen if all 3 of Team Blake made the finals. I think that might be a case where the producers would get involved. 

I agree, I think that Britton and Brynn will be the final two. Brynn seems to have the largest fan base, but I think that Britton has the better voice. Toss up. Or maybe they actually choose the best singer, and in my mind, that would be Kyla. I also like Spensha and have been a fan since day 1. 

@MaVolta @catwoman500 @ASTRAEA

Well I have been reading your comments but I just cannot get into this season.  Pretty obvious reasons.  

I did not like the blocks or the extra saves..  I am unhappy with Adam's choices.. I think he tried to get a country artist and hoped they would be more successful with the voters but the ones he picked were not as good in my opinion as some he let go.   Don't like the format and tired of the voting blocks.  Wow  I guess I am tired  LOL   Hope next season is different !

I think my favorite to win is  Britton but I doubt he will win.

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 201

@catwoman500 - Yeah, I hated to see Pryor go, too, but really happy for Spensha and Kyla. Kyla especially deserves to be there. I'm not sure what would happen if all 3 of Team Blake made the finals. I think that might be a case where the producers would get involved. 

I agree, I think that Britton and Brynn will be the final two. Brynn seems to have the largest fan base, but I think that Britton has the better voice. Toss up. Or maybe they actually choose the best singer, and in my mind, that would be Kyla. I also like Spensha and have been a fan since day 1. 

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 201

@MaVolta...Surprises? Yeah…my number one is done…Pryor! Boo Hiss! I had figured he would win the whole shebang.

I figured Brynn and Britton would be safe and in my mind will now be the last 2 standing. Reminds me of that American Idol season when the 2 young kids were the last standing. Both were country. The girl was Lauren Alaina and the boy with the deep voice, Scotty something. Lauren is finally coming into her own in country. Just won some country award. OK…Googled that. It was American Idol Season 10, 2011. Scotty McCreery won and Lauren was runner-up.

The youth vote has so much power! I have a feeling Britton will win and Brynn will be runner up.

HOWEVER…I was THRILLED that Spensha and Kyla are in the finals! Wahoo! With Pryor gone, Spensha has moved into my #1 spot. Spensha was so surprised when her name was called first last night. I was so happy for her. I’m glad Kyla is finally getting validation for all that she has done in the industry.

As for the entertainment last night...Not sure I like this Cane Brown guy. Panic at the Disco (is that the name of that group?) was kind of fun, and of course Blake was perfection for me. Cat Wink N.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 201

Drum roll please . . . . and the finalists are - Spensha, Brynn, Kyla, and Britton.

I'm not too surprised at the outcome, I just never expected Britton to be in the twitter-off. Britton and Brynn seemed to be the two most popular, and both consistently at the top of iTunes, including this week. I figured both of them would be voted through. Not surprised that Britton won the twitter save, however, and I'm glad he will be a finalist.

Any surprises for you?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 201

@catwoman500 - I forgot to vote, also. I had recorded the show and was too tired to stay up and watch, or maybe it's just lack of interest for this season.

My favorite solos were Britton, Pryor, Kyla, and Spensha. They all sang songs that were believable and right in their artistical bailiwicks, so to speak. Kyla singing Let It Be (one of my favorite songs) was just magnificent!

For duets, I liked Kyla and Spensha. Whoever came up with the arrangement of those two songs was really brilliant. I also enjoyed Jackie and Rayshun, they rocked! Britton and Brynn (sounds like twins!), were a nice pairing, but I didn't care for the song arrangement - sounded like any other "pop" song. Pryor and Kaleb were also well paired but I hated that stupid song. Oh well . . . maybe I'm just getting old and cranky! 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 201

5/14 show Lives, Top 8

So last night each artist had a single performance and a duet. I liked the duets better than the solo performances.

I loved 3 of duets, but not Brynn’s and Britton’s. Brynn who was my number 2 artist just didn’t have it for me last night in either of her performances.

Kaleb and Pryor were paired well, Kyla and Spensha…OMG! What a duo they made. And I even liked Jackie and Rayshun.

The solos…IMHO…Jackie’s solo was OK .I didn’t like Rayshun’s version of Imagine, Kaleb was not at his best in his solo, Pryor was so fine, and Britton was OK.

BUT…Spensha and Kyla were absolutely AMAZING! Spensha has now moved up to my number 2 spot behind Pryor. Those 2 gave it their all last night. I sure hope America agrees. 

Hard to believe we'll be down to 4 by tonight.

Once again I forgot to vote until this morning.  Cat Tongue N.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 201

I wish I could generate more enthusiasm for the style of these shows, but they all seem to become overinflated, and drag out the results as long as possible. As a few people mentioned, this isn't "my kind of music" in general, but I enjoy watching the artists grow. So I don't feel like watching previous winners/contestants perform, and then hear the results of the current competition in the last 15 seconds, while they've already got the credits rolling.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 201

Wow! Blake had a good night and goes with all 3 to the semi-finals. Kyla had the highest rank on iTunes (for The Voice), so I wasn't surprised that her name was called first. Pryor was #12 this week, so message to Blake - straight up country is not his thing. Get him rockin' again! But at least he was safe. Spensha followed a ways behind Pryor on iTunes and also makes the cut. She's the one who needs to sing country to get to the finale. 

Team Alicia keeps two. Britton is my favorite to win (was 3rd Voice iTunes). Jackie F has a great vocals, but her iTunes only bettered the other Jackie and Rayshun. Was surprised to find Christiana in the bottom 3 since she had better sales on iTunes than Kaleb, both Jackies and Rayshun. I thought her twitter performance was the best, yet she finished last in the twitter vote. That's a head scratcher.

Team Kelly keeps two. Brynn is popular and her song was 2nd for Voice sales on iTunes. Personally, I didn't care for it and thought is was her worst performance but her fans loved it. Kaleb ranked behind Christiana and was saved by the country vote.

Team Adam hangs on to Rayshun. The only thing I can say is that he has entertainment value and the fans must like that. He finished last on iTunes. I never thought that Jackie V was a very good singer. She was just a peg above Rayshun. If Adam wanted a real contender, he should have kept Reid or Drew.

I've been reading comments on various blog posts where fans are greatly disappointed with the way this season has been going. No one is especially excited about anyone. Pryor, Britton, and Brynn seem to have the most fans and following. I expect they will all get to the finals barring a major song disaster. So who will get the 4th spot?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 201

5/8 Eliminations

Charlie Puth started off the show with a great performance. I didn’t know much about him, so I Googled and read that he’s 26 and gained his fame through posting his music videos on You Tube.

Later on in the show we got to hear a weird (IMHO) group, 5 Seconds of Summer. I couldn’t understand much of what they were singing.

Pryor was safe and remains my number one, Brynn has now moved up to my number 2 spot, and Spensha is my third place. Hated losing Christiana and Jackie V. By the way… I thought Spensha looked absolutely gorgeous last night.

All Adam’s hopes are on Rayshun. He was close to losing both his artists last night, and there’s Blake still with his full team.

Kelly has the youth ( Brynn) and the country (Kaleb) votes. Alicia has the young girl vote with Britton. Blake has everything with his trio, and Adam has Rayshun.

Should be interesting to see how the top 8 do next week.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 201

@MaVolta, You may be right about Adam regretting not keeping Drew/Reid. I loved Drew; he was on my 2 star list from the get-go. Reid was on my 1 star list. I hated to see them go. N.

Kudos
Views