Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Songland

Message 11 of 20

@MaVolta wrote:

I thought it was brilliant. It's so different from everything else. The presentations were nicely done and the panel was very thoughtful in their recommendations. They did a great job of explaining what works and what doesn't. The young lady who won really made the transformation that the panel and her coach suggested. She got it just right. I wasn't too surprised when John selected her as the winner. The song seems to fit him perfectly. That said, the other two finalists were very good, and I could see John singing those songs as well. 

@catwoman500 @ASTRAEA @MaVolta 

I did enjoy the show.  I like going through the process of polishing up the song for presentation and hearing the artist perform it in the final version. John Legend was very good as were the musicians who worked on the song changes. I will def watch again!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 20

@catwoman500@MaVolta@nyadrn - I watched part of the show, and then dozed off (wish it were on earlier). I guess I didn't realize that Adam Levine wasn't going to be on the show (or maybe he will be). I missed the very beginning, and didn't know who the other music producers were. I'd give it another couple of episodes, to decide how much I like it.  

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 20

I did watch, but it's not something that I was totally into. I probably won't watch it again. It just didn't keep my interest.

Hope you all keep on enjoying it. Cat Happy N.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 20

I thought it was brilliant. It's so different from everything else. The presentations were nicely done and the panel was very thoughtful in their recommendations. They did a great job of explaining what works and what doesn't. The young lady who won really made the transformation that the panel and her coach suggested. She got it just right. I wasn't too surprised when John selected her as the winner. The song seems to fit him perfectly. That said, the other two finalists were very good, and I could see John singing those songs as well. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 20

@nyadrn  - Just came home from a meeting, so thanks for reminding us!!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 20

@catwoman500 @MaVolta @ASTRAEA 

Songland tonight at 10:00.  After America’s Got Talent season premier 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 20

@catwoman500 wrote:

@nyadrn ...Not sure I am interested in this one. Maybe I'll try it.

Yes no way to know unless you check it out.  

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 20

@nyadrn ...Not sure I am interested in this one. Maybe I'll try it.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 20

I am excited about this. It is a new idea with lots of talented people involved.  

Cant wait.  Hope it is good

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Songland

Message 20 of 20

The Voice's Adam Levine Has A New Reality Show Coming To TV  

https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2459150/the-voices-adam-levine-has-a-new-reality-show-coming-...

Like The Voice, this reality show will be centered on music. The series is called Songland and Levine is not the only high-profile name involved in it.

OneRepublic's Ryan Tedder will co-produce the series along with Adam Levine, The Voice's Audrey Morrisey, and Eurythmics co-founder Dave Stewart. So, how does the show work?

Well, the concept will find five songwriters per episode performing their original song in front of three of music's top producers and a popular recording artist, all in the hope that the established singer will record the contestant's song as their next single. That is the gist, so let's dig a little deeper.

Kudos
Views
Replies