Reply
Honored Social Butterfly

Songland

The Voice's Adam Levine Has A New Reality Show Coming To TV  

 

https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2459150/the-voices-adam-levine-has-a-new-reality-show-coming-...

 

Like The Voice, this reality show will be centered on music. The series is called Songland and Levine is not the only high-profile name involved in it.

OneRepublic's Ryan Tedder will co-produce the series along with Adam Levine, The Voice's Audrey Morrisey, and Eurythmics co-founder Dave Stewart. So, how does the show work?

Well, the concept will find five songwriters per episode performing their original song in front of three of music's top producers and a popular recording artist, all in the hope that the established singer will record the contestant's song as their next single. That is the gist, so let's dig a little deeper.

 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
0 Kudos
2,771 Views
19
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500@MaVolta@nyadrn - I watched part of the show, and then dozed off (wish it were on earlier). I guess I didn't realize that Adam Levine wasn't going to be on the show (or maybe he will be). I missed the very beginning, and didn't know who the other music producers were. I'd give it another couple of episodes, to decide how much I like it.  


Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Honored Social Butterfly

I am excited about this. It is a new idea with lots of talented people involved.  

 

Cant wait.  Hope it is good

 

 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
2,783 Views
17
Report
Recognized Social Butterfly

@nyadrn ...Not sure I am interested in this one. Maybe I'll try it.

2,794 Views
16
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@catwoman500 wrote:

@nyadrn ...Not sure I am interested in this one. Maybe I'll try it.


Yes no way to know unless you check it out.  

 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
0 Kudos
2,793 Views
15
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 @MaVolta @ASTRAEA 

 

Songland tonight at 10:00.  After America’s Got Talent season premier 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
2,778 Views
14
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

I thought it was brilliant. It's so different from everything else. The presentations were nicely done and the panel was very thoughtful in their recommendations. They did a great job of explaining what works and what doesn't. The young lady who won really made the transformation that the panel and her coach suggested. She got it just right. I wasn't too surprised when John selected her as the winner. The song seems to fit him perfectly. That said, the other two finalists were very good, and I could see John singing those songs as well. 

"Music can change the world because it can change people." - Bono
Honored Social Butterfly

I liked it as well for the same reasons as MaVolta said.

I was called away at the last minute and had to look up which song John Legend picked cause I thought they all turned out great and had no idea which way he was leaning.  Yea, he could have made a hit out of any of them - different but I could hear him singing any of them.

 

It would also be interesting to know if either of the other (2) had their song picked up by perhaps someone outside or even inside the show realm - I thought they all were that good.

 

Honored Social Butterfly


@GailL1 wrote:

I liked it as well for the same reasons as MaVolta said.

I was called away at the last minute and had to look up which song John Legend picked cause I thought they all turned out great and had no idea which way he was leaning.  Yea, he could have made a hit out of any of them - different but I could hear him singing any of them.

 

It would also be interesting to know if either of the other (2) had their song picked up by perhaps someone outside or even inside the show realm - I thought they all were that good.

 


HI Gail   I agree with you  Both of the other songs were good.  I would like to have a follow up on that as well!!

 

My only gripe about this new show is that Adam Levine will not be appearing,   and I will miss him on The Voice which I will not be watching.. except maybe occasionally.  

 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Honored Social Butterfly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2VzeWkGJcc&feature=share

 

Ollie Gabrielle. 

 

 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Honored Social Butterfly

will.i.am was this week's guest in search of a song for The Black-eyed Peas. He ended up with three! He said that he liked the songs so much he decided to pull three off the new album and include the ones from Songland. His first choice as the winner will be released as a single.

 

What surprised me was that he got so personally involved with each song and songwriter, along with their assigned producer. He really put a lot into it, so it's easy to see why he would want all three songs.

 

But wait, there's more . . . He was so impressed with one of the writers and his song that he pulled him from the competition to work with him personally, one-on-one!

 

This was a fun show. Looking forward to the next one. Anyone else still watching?

 

 

"Music can change the world because it can change people." - Bono
0
Kudos
467
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

@nyadrn - I'm a little surprised that the guests are allowed to make arrangements to work separately with a particular songwriter, aside from the producers on the show. I miss Adam too; I thought he was going to be more involved than just producing the show.


Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Honored Social Butterfly


@ASTRAEA wrote:

@nyadrn - I'm a little surprised that the guests are allowed to make arrangements to work separately with a particular songwriter, aside from the producers on the show. I miss Adam too; I thought he was going to be more involved than just producing the show.


Since it is a new concept, I wonder if they are kind of loose on how things work right now!  The Voice changed things up in the early years as well. 

 

At at least the ratings should let it move into a better time slot.  Maybe we will see Adam ?

 

 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Honored Social Butterfly

The last show with Kelsi Ballerini was disappointing. I really didn't care for any of the songs. 

"Music can change the world because it can change people." - Bono
Honored Social Butterfly


@MaVolta wrote:

The last show with Kelsi Ballerini was disappointing. I really didn't care for any of the songs. 


Yes. did’nt care that much for her.  Wish they would show more about the three song writers  and more of the team work on the songs. Guess it is a work in progress. 

 

 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Honored Social Butterfly


@MaVolta wrote:

will.i.am was this week's guest in search of a song for The Black-eyed Peas. He ended up with three! He said that he liked the songs so much he decided to pull three off the new album and include the ones from Songland. His first choice as the winner will be released as a single.

 

What surprised me was that he got so personally involved with each song and songwriter, along with their assigned producer. He really put a lot into it, so it's easy to see why he would want all three songs.

 

But wait, there's more . . . He was so impressed with one of the writers and his song that he pulled him from the competition to work with him personally, one-on-one!

 

This was a fun show. Looking forward to the next one. Anyone else still watching?

 

 


Thank you for the recap!

 

I am definitely still watching and it is getting quire alot of FB comments.  I think once it moves to the old Voice time slot for the summer it will get good ratings.  

 

This project seems to be a win win for the contestants and the artists and I have enjoyed it so far!

 

Still miss Adam : (

 

 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Honored Social Butterfly

The series premiere of "Songland" (1.1 rating in 18-49, 5.5 million viewers overall from 10-11 p.m. ET) equaled the highest rating for a summer alternative series debut on the Big 4 networks since June 11, 2017 (1.3 for "Steve Harvey's Funderdome" on ABC) and delivered the most-watched summer alternative series debut on ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX since June 21, 2017 (7.5 million for "Little Big Shots: Forever Young" on NBC). "Songland" generated NBC's best 18-49 rating in the timeslot with regular programming since Nov. 27, 2018 (1.1), while winning the time period in every key ratings category and beating the timeslot's original ABC-CBS competition combined in adults 18-49 (1.1 vs. a combined 1.0). "Songland" was the #2 show of the night on the Big 4 networks in every key demographic, behind only "America's Got Talent." L+3: "Songland" increased by +24% in 18-49 (1.14 to 1.41) and +1.2 million viewers overall (5.5 million to 6.7 million) going from L+SD to L+3 Nielsens.

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Honored Social Butterfly


@MaVolta wrote:

I thought it was brilliant. It's so different from everything else. The presentations were nicely done and the panel was very thoughtful in their recommendations. They did a great job of explaining what works and what doesn't. The young lady who won really made the transformation that the panel and her coach suggested. She got it just right. I wasn't too surprised when John selected her as the winner. The song seems to fit him perfectly. That said, the other two finalists were very good, and I could see John singing those songs as well. 


@catwoman500 @ASTRAEA @MaVolta 

 

I did enjoy the show.  I like going through the process of polishing up the song for presentation and hearing the artist perform it in the final version. John Legend was very good as were the musicians who worked on the song changes. I will def watch again!

 

 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Recognized Social Butterfly

I did watch, but it's not something that I was totally into. I probably won't watch it again. It just didn't keep my interest.

Hope you all keep on enjoying it. Cat Happy N.

Honored Social Butterfly

@nyadrn  - Just came home from a meeting, so thanks for reminding us!!


Registered on Online Community since 2007!
0 Kudos
2,770 Views
0
Report
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Online Community Refresh

Online Community has updated the site design in our discussions area to make it easier to connect, follow a conversation and access resources.

The new look and feel will be rolled out in multiple phases starting with these initial improvements in the conversations and replies levels.

Learn more about the new design today.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png