Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Songland

Message 1 of 20

@MaVolta wrote:

The last show with Kelsi Ballerini was disappointing. I really didn't care for any of the songs. 

Yes. did’nt care that much for her.  Wish they would show more about the three song writers  and more of the team work on the songs. Guess it is a work in progress. 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 20

The last show with Kelsi Ballerini was disappointing. I really didn't care for any of the songs. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 20

@ASTRAEA wrote:

@nyadrn - I'm a little surprised that the guests are allowed to make arrangements to work separately with a particular songwriter, aside from the producers on the show. I miss Adam too; I thought he was going to be more involved than just producing the show.

Since it is a new concept, I wonder if they are kind of loose on how things work right now!  The Voice changed things up in the early years as well. 

At at least the ratings should let it move into a better time slot.  Maybe we will see Adam ?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 20

@nyadrn - I'm a little surprised that the guests are allowed to make arrangements to work separately with a particular songwriter, aside from the producers on the show. I miss Adam too; I thought he was going to be more involved than just producing the show.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 20

The series premiere of "Songland" (1.1 rating in 18-49, 5.5 million viewers overall from 10-11 p.m. ET) equaled the highest rating for a summer alternative series debut on the Big 4 networks since June 11, 2017 (1.3 for "Steve Harvey's Funderdome" on ABC) and delivered the most-watched summer alternative series debut on ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX since June 21, 2017 (7.5 million for "Little Big Shots: Forever Young" on NBC). "Songland" generated NBC's best 18-49 rating in the timeslot with regular programming since Nov. 27, 2018 (1.1), while winning the time period in every key ratings category and beating the timeslot's original ABC-CBS competition combined in adults 18-49 (1.1 vs. a combined 1.0). "Songland" was the #2 show of the night on the Big 4 networks in every key demographic, behind only "America's Got Talent." L+3: "Songland" increased by +24% in 18-49 (1.14 to 1.41) and +1.2 million viewers overall (5.5 million to 6.7 million) going from L+SD to L+3 Nielsens.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 20

@MaVolta wrote:

will.i.am was this week's guest in search of a song for The Black-eyed Peas. He ended up with three! He said that he liked the songs so much he decided to pull three off the new album and include the ones from Songland. His first choice as the winner will be released as a single.

What surprised me was that he got so personally involved with each song and songwriter, along with their assigned producer. He really put a lot into it, so it's easy to see why he would want all three songs.

But wait, there's more . . . He was so impressed with one of the writers and his song that he pulled him from the competition to work with him personally, one-on-one!

This was a fun show. Looking forward to the next one. Anyone else still watching?

Thank you for the recap!

I am definitely still watching and it is getting quire alot of FB comments.  I think once it moves to the old Voice time slot for the summer it will get good ratings.  

This project seems to be a win win for the contestants and the artists and I have enjoyed it so far!

Still miss Adam : (

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 20

will.i.am was this week's guest in search of a song for The Black-eyed Peas. He ended up with three! He said that he liked the songs so much he decided to pull three off the new album and include the ones from Songland. His first choice as the winner will be released as a single.

What surprised me was that he got so personally involved with each song and songwriter, along with their assigned producer. He really put a lot into it, so it's easy to see why he would want all three songs.

But wait, there's more . . . He was so impressed with one of the writers and his song that he pulled him from the competition to work with him personally, one-on-one!

This was a fun show. Looking forward to the next one. Anyone else still watching?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2VzeWkGJcc&feature=share

Ollie Gabrielle. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 20

@GailL1 wrote:

I liked it as well for the same reasons as MaVolta said.

I was called away at the last minute and had to look up which song John Legend picked cause I thought they all turned out great and had no idea which way he was leaning.  Yea, he could have made a hit out of any of them - different but I could hear him singing any of them.

It would also be interesting to know if either of the other (2) had their song picked up by perhaps someone outside or even inside the show realm - I thought they all were that good.

HI Gail   I agree with you  Both of the other songs were good.  I would like to have a follow up on that as well!!

My only gripe about this new show is that Adam Levine will not be appearing,   and I will miss him on The Voice which I will not be watching.. except maybe occasionally.  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 20

I liked it as well for the same reasons as MaVolta said.

I was called away at the last minute and had to look up which song John Legend picked cause I thought they all turned out great and had no idea which way he was leaning.  Yea, he could have made a hit out of any of them - different but I could hear him singing any of them.

It would also be interesting to know if either of the other (2) had their song picked up by perhaps someone outside or even inside the show realm - I thought they all were that good.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views