Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Songland May 28th NBC. New Show

Message 1 of 3

I noticed the ad last night. It's a very interesting concept, and something different from the singing competitions. If it works, we may be treated to some cool, new music. At least, that's my hope!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Songland May 28th NBC. New Show

Message 2 of 3

Songland is an upcoming songwriting competition series on NBC set to premiere on May 28, 2019.[1] It will air on Tuesdays at 10 p.m. ET/PT following America's Got Talent until July 2nd. After a brief hiatus, the series will resume on Wednesday, August 14 at 9 p.m. ET/PT, airing weekly until September 11.[2] The show, produced in cooperation with the Universal Television Alternative Studio, Live Animals Productions, Dave Stewart Entertainment and 222 Productions, sets out to give undiscovered songwriters a chance to create a hit. Contestants are selected to work with producers and a well-known recording artist to release a song.[3]

Each week, producers Ryan Tedder, Ester Dean and Shane McAnally will team up with songwriters to create the next big hit to be recorded by a guest performing artist. [4] “Songland” is executive produced by Emmy Award-winning producer Audrey Morrissey (“The Voice”), director Ivan Dudynsky, Eurythmics co-founder Dave Stewart, Chad Hines, and multi-Grammy-winning recording artist and Maroon 5 lead singer Adam Levine. Josh Gummersall will serve as producer along with Ryan Tedder. The concept was devised by Stewart, Morrissey and Dudynsky.

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Songland May 28th NBC. New Show

Message 3 of 3

Find out more about the songwriting process in the SONGLAND studio May 28 on NBC May 

New show from executive producers Adam Levine and Dave Stewart. 

I am am so excited.  I hope it will be great!!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Replies