Honored Social Butterfly

SUMMERTIME TV 2018 WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING?

Well here we are..   June 2018.

Our favorite series are ended until fall and we are in TV reruns and summer shows.  

So what have you found to watch for this summer?

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Replies
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I binge-watched a series called "KILLING EVE" this summer. It was excellent. Suspenseful. And I found myself at times talking at the TV screen when the drama got just too high. Loved it!
Regular Contributor

Animal Kingdom, on AMC, The Last Ship, NBC, oh there's more , but too many to mention.

Honored Social Butterfly

Two series:

"Europe's Last Warrior Kings" (Smithsonian channel) - binge-watched a few episodes last night, leading up to the Battle of Hastings, in which William of Normandy ("The Conqueror") battles for the throne of England. If William looks familiar, it's Edward Stoppard, who also plays Philip IV on "Knightfall" (about the Knights Templar)

"Battlebots" (Discovery channel) - Amazing from an engineering perspective .. and what can be more fun than watching robots battle to the death?!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Super Contributor

I've not found anything as yet on Summer TV that I find worth the time to watch.  I like CBS's Instinct which I just noticed in On Demand that I missed a couple of shows so I am catching up on those.  I might watch the show coming up on ABC called It Takes Two.  America's Got Talent and the Dancing Shows just don't cut it for me.  The TV networks feel that everyone is going to be outdoors and not watching TV so they don't really care much about what they put on.  I generally find myself working on my website a great deal more in the summer.

Gold Conversationalist

Major League Baseball!

Periodic Contributor

Decades TV offers great Ed Sullivan shows etc... and it’s free.  No cable company involved just cheap attenae.  

Conversationalist

I watch my favorites- Dead Files, learning about ghosts, aliens and how to get rid of them.  Plus, learn to insight on what gifts that we all possess and how to use them.  I love- Ghost Adventures- they have 5 guys with their cameras and go into really Haunted areas and try to capture the ghosts on camera, sometimes they catch really good pictures- a full shadow person on camera!  They have all kind of equipment that catches them talking to them as well, it's very interesting.  Do ghosts exist?  Of course, they are all around us.

Another one -X-files, the first series was really good but now I really like the female star- Scully but she's leaving the show so like last time will dissolve.  Thsese shows are kind of boring, need new material.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Contributor

NO

Trusted Contributor

"Goliath" with Billy Bob Thorton on Amazon Prime...get ready to binge stream!

Just finished all 4 seasons of TURN. We had no idea of the elaborate spy networks both by British and Colonists sides. Fascinating and true story well acted with excellent costumes and set design.  On Netflix

Now on to THE TUNNEL season 2 on Amazon Prime video.  It's a crime, mystery series involving British and French police solving crimes that occur in the Chunnel that connect the 2 countries 

Next also on Amazon will be GOLIATH, season 2.

Honored Social Butterfly

Just started a new series on Amazon Prime called Dickensian. It takes various characters from Dickens' novels and weaves them together into a storyline. First episode has us hooked!

"Music can change the world because it can change people." - Bono
Recognized Social Butterfly

@MaVolta, Sounds interesting. I may check it out if I can figure out how. Cat Happy N.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@nyadrn wrote:

This weekend, .I just finished a marathon viewing of four seasons of "YOUNGER"  Season five started on June 5, so as of tonight, there have been 2-episodes for 2018.  It may not be for everyone but I am just loving it and can't wait for next weeks very short episode to air.

TV Land - YOUNGER - story line summary

In Brief - The Basic - a 40 year old recently divorce, New Jersey woman who has sent her kid off to college decides to go back to work in her field of publishing.  She could not get a job when they kept looking at 40 on her resume Sooooooo she changes and reports her age as 26 - A Millenial - and she has to look, talk, dress and understand the life and social medial for this  to be pulled off.  Takes place in NYC - she lives in Brooklyn.

BTW, this network airing it here - TV Land - does not broadcast in Highdef - I watched all those episodes (48) and was enjoying them so much, I didn't notice that it wasn't in HD until almost the end.

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

@GailL1 wrote:

@nyadrn wrote:

This weekend, .I just finished a marathon viewing of four seasons of "YOUNGER"  Season five started on June 5, so as of tonight, there have been 2-episodes for 2018.  It may not be for everyone but I am just loving it and can't wait for next weeks very short episode to air.

TV Land - YOUNGER - story line summary

In Brief - The Basic - a 40 year old recently divorce, New Jersey woman who has sent her kid off to college decides to go back to work in her field of publishing.  She could not get a job when they kept looking at 40 on her resume Sooooooo she changes and reports her age as 26 - A Millenial - and she has to look, talk, dress and understand the life and social medial for this  to be pulled off.  Takes place in NYC - she lives in Brooklyn.

BTW, this network airing it here - TV Land - does not broadcast in Highdef - I watched all those episodes (48) and was enjoying them so much, I didn't notice that it wasn't in HD until almost the end.

Thanks Gail. I added this to my watch list. I love NY !

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@nyadrn wrote:

-------------------------------------------

Think you might have to catch up because it is very much a story - and character introduction and development , plot, happenings whether major or minor really do build from beginning to end.

If you do like it, or anybody else here, it would be an intresting discussion as to who each of us thinks she will end up with - if any, at the end.  That can go for other characters as well.

Honored Social Butterfly

@GailL1 wrote:

@nyadrn wrote:

-------------------------------------------

Think you might have to catch up because it is very much a story - and character introduction and development , plot, happenings whether major or minor really do build from beginning to end.

If you do like it, or anybody else here, it would be an intresting discussion as to who each of us thinks she will end up with - if any, at the end.  That can go for other characters as well.

All of the seasons are available.  I will catch up 😀

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I'm also a fan of Elementary on CBS, but that's about it on network tv.

We have a subscription to Amazon Prime and Acorn TV and have watched one movie and one series.

Viceroy's House (Amazon) - stars Hugh Bonneville as Lord Mountbatten who was appointed Viceroy to end British occupation of India. It seems to closely follow the historical account. I give it 5-stars.

Decline and Fall (Acorn) - Series based on the satirical novel Brideshead Revisited  by Evelyn Waugh. If you like British comedies and satire, you'll probably like this one. Has a good cast, too.

Honored Social Butterfly

One other option that I enjoy watching year round is AXS-TV. They show a lot of concerts and music shows. One of my favorite shows is The Big Interview with Dan Rather. His guests have included so many of the rock stars and country music legends of our generation, as well as other notables in the entertainment industry. It's interesting to hear them talk about their careers in retrospect and what they are up to now. 

And if you like music, I've found a lot of great concerts to watch by streaming from YouTube on my TV.

For the folks that are tired of the show being chases, special effects, explosions.. and want acting..

Try MHZchoice on the internet (subscribe) or MHZworldview on Public TV (free)..

Great foriegn shows with great acting and very good plots but with subtitles...

They talk in normal levels -- instead of the US fad of whispering !! (really annoys me!)

Yellowstone starring Kevin Costner! It's on Paramount on Wednesday nights! Great modern day Western/Ranchers Series! Also Code Black on WSPA! Great ER medical show

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I have been watching quite a bit of Netflix.  I do however wander over to watch Southern Charm , my favorite guilty pleasure of choice right now.  Below Deck is good too. 

Periodic Contributor

We've been watching Netflix for some time, although we do occasionally find something on broadcast TV.  

On Netflix:  MidSomer Murders, Hinterland, Shetlands, Happy Valley, Grace and Frankie.

MidSomer Murders is a lighter mystery series, set in England.  Hinterland, set in Wales is a darker mystery series, and Shetland is a darker mystery, set in the Shetland Islands.  (Both of these two are serialized, with one storyline taking three episodes).

Happy Valley is another mystery series set in England, with a lot of the characters recognizable from such shows as Last Tango in Halifax and Downton Abbey.

I've also been catching up on some of the PBS's Call the Midwife on Netfliz.

I enjoy watching Fixer Upper on HGTV, as I have nothing that I need fixed up and so can appreciate what the Gaineses do for their clients.

Contributor

We subscribe to Hulu and watch through Roku, and we found a British TV series we're really enjoying, it's called New Tricks.  It's a comedy/drama about unsolved crimes that are solved by a group of retired police officers (in their 60s and older).  They are led by a woman who is active police in her late 40s.  Great Show.  Lots of laughs and drama. 

http://www.tv.com/shows/new-tricks/

@nyadrn, Not sure exactly how Netflix works and have had no experience with it. I have Amazon Prime and no idea of what "streaming" even means so have never used it. Never heard of Below Deck or Southern Charm. I must be such an old fogey! HA! I was fine when we had only 3 channels and the TV was free and all we had to do was plug it in. Cat LOL N.

Periodic Contributor

We have Netflix through Comcast and we simply went online to get it.   It costs about $12/month.  

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 wrote:

@nyadrn, Not sure exactly how Netflix works and have had no experience with it. I have Amazon Prime and no idea of what "streaming" even means so have never used it. Never heard of Below Deck or Southern Charm. I must be such an old fogey! HA! I was fine when we had only 3 channels and the TV was free and all we had to do was plug it in. Cat LOL N.

Well see my son set up all this stuff for me LOL. 

I do do have Amazon prime and I was checking out the tv series Younger that Gail suggested and it looks good and it is on Amazon

Beliw Deck and Southern Charm I watch on tv but I do have cable cause I live in s high rise condo and no tv service without it. 

@nyadrn,

AHA! Lucky you to have someone to figure this stuff out for you. Cat Happy

I should do a search on On Demand to see if I get the channels that those 2 shows are on.

I know Younger is not a show for me. N.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 wrote:

@nyadrn,

AHA! Lucky you to have someone to figure this stuff out for you. Cat Happy

I should do a search on On Demand to see if I get the channels that those 2 shows are on.

I know Younger is not a show for me. N.

And I just love that show "Younger!"  I've  already  binged  all of the episodes.  So funny--well at least I find it funny.

Also, I still  love Law and Order: SVU.  I know it's been on forever,  but the stories are still so well-written and the acting is flawless.  Each actor seems to "be" their character.  Guess doing a job so long makes it second nature.

Regular Social Butterfly

Originals on Netflix.
I just got a yr for free so I intend to use it.
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Ask the Expert: Juggling Caregiving Amidst Coronavirus this Holiday Season

Join AARP's Family and Caregiving Expert Amy Goyer to uncover the best ways to navigate the holiday season with your loved ones. Ask and Learn Now.

AARP Members Only Games

Was Breakout your favorite Atari game? Ready to knock out some bricks? AARP Members, now's your chance.

Don't let the ball hit the ground!
AARP Members Only Games Atari Breakout
Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits.

Learn more now.
/html/assets/SS-Marketing-Image-300x155.jpg