Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: SUMMERTIME TV 2018 WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING?

Message 1 of 36

@catwoman500 wrote:

@nyadrn,

AHA! Lucky you to have someone to figure this stuff out for you. Cat Happy

I should do a search on On Demand to see if I get the channels that those 2 shows are on.

I know Younger is not a show for me. N.

And I just love that show "Younger!"  I've  already  binged  all of the episodes.  So funny--well at least I find it funny.

Also, I still  love Law and Order: SVU.  I know it's been on forever,  but the stories are still so well-written and the acting is flawless.  Each actor seems to "be" their character.  Guess doing a job so long makes it second nature.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 36
I binge-watched a series called "KILLING EVE" this summer. It was excellent. Suspenseful. And I found myself at times talking at the TV screen when the drama got just too high. Loved it!
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 36
Netflix...Stranger Thing

and my favorite is Miss Fisher Murder Mysteries!
Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 36

We have Netflix through Comcast and we simply went online to get it.   It costs about $12/month.  

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 36

We've been watching Netflix for some time, although we do occasionally find something on broadcast TV.  

On Netflix:  MidSomer Murders, Hinterland, Shetlands, Happy Valley, Grace and Frankie.

MidSomer Murders is a lighter mystery series, set in England.  Hinterland, set in Wales is a darker mystery series, and Shetland is a darker mystery, set in the Shetland Islands.  (Both of these two are serialized, with one storyline taking three episodes).

Happy Valley is another mystery series set in England, with a lot of the characters recognizable from such shows as Last Tango in Halifax and Downton Abbey.

I've also been catching up on some of the PBS's Call the Midwife on Netfliz.

I enjoy watching Fixer Upper on HGTV, as I have nothing that I need fixed up and so can appreciate what the Gaineses do for their clients.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 36

Animal Kingdom, on AMC, The Last Ship, NBC, oh there's more , but too many to mention.

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 36

We just finished Shetland on Britbox.  Great show..........really enjoyed it.

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 36

We subscribe to Hulu and watch through Roku, and we found a British TV series we're really enjoying, it's called New Tricks.  It's a comedy/drama about unsolved crimes that are solved by a group of retired police officers (in their 60s and older).  They are led by a woman who is active police in her late 40s.  Great Show.  Lots of laughs and drama. 

http://www.tv.com/shows/new-tricks/

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 36

Two series:

"Europe's Last Warrior Kings" (Smithsonian channel) - binge-watched a few episodes last night, leading up to the Battle of Hastings, in which William of Normandy ("The Conqueror") battles for the throne of England. If William looks familiar, it's Edward Stoppard, who also plays Philip IV on "Knightfall" (about the Knights Templar)

"Battlebots" (Discovery channel) - Amazing from an engineering perspective .. and what can be more fun than watching robots battle to the death?!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 36

I've not found anything as yet on Summer TV that I find worth the time to watch.  I like CBS's Instinct which I just noticed in On Demand that I missed a couple of shows so I am catching up on those.  I might watch the show coming up on ABC called It Takes Two.  America's Got Talent and the Dancing Shows just don't cut it for me.  The TV networks feel that everyone is going to be outdoors and not watching TV so they don't really care much about what they put on.  I generally find myself working on my website a great deal more in the summer.

Kudos
Views