There's always more to discover with your AARP membership. Explore your member benefits today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: SUMMERTIME TV 2018 WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING?

Message 21 of 36

Just started a new series on Amazon Prime called Dickensian. It takes various characters from Dickens' novels and weaves them together into a storyline. First episode has us hooked!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 36

@nyadrn,

AHA! Lucky you to have someone to figure this stuff out for you. Cat Happy

I should do a search on On Demand to see if I get the channels that those 2 shows are on.

I know Younger is not a show for me. N.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 36

@GailL1 wrote:

@nyadrn wrote:

Thanks Gail. I added this to my watch list. I love NY !

-------------------------------------------

Think you might have to catch up because it is very much a story - and character introduction and development , plot, happenings whether major or minor really do build from beginning to end.

If you do like it, or anybody else here, it would be an intresting discussion as to who each of us thinks she will end up with - if any, at the end.  That can go for other characters as well.

All of the seasons are available.  I will catch up 😀

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 36

@nyadrn wrote:

-------------------------------------------

Think you might have to catch up because it is very much a story - and character introduction and development , plot, happenings whether major or minor really do build from beginning to end.

If you do like it, or anybody else here, it would be an intresting discussion as to who each of us thinks she will end up with - if any, at the end.  That can go for other characters as well.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 36

@GailL1 wrote:

@nyadrn wrote:

Well here we are..   June 2018. 

So what have you found to watch for this summer?

This weekend, .I just finished a marathon viewing of four seasons of "YOUNGER"  Season five started on June 5, so as of tonight, there have been 2-episodes for 2018.  It may not be for everyone but I am just loving it and can't wait for next weeks very short episode to air.

TV Land - YOUNGER - story line summary

In Brief - The Basic - a 40 year old recently divorce, New Jersey woman who has sent her kid off to college decides to go back to work in her field of publishing.  She could not get a job when they kept looking at 40 on her resume Sooooooo she changes and reports her age as 26 - A Millenial - and she has to look, talk, dress and understand the life and social medial for this  to be pulled off.  Takes place in NYC - she lives in Brooklyn.

BTW, this network airing it here - TV Land - does not broadcast in Highdef - I watched all those episodes (48) and was enjoying them so much, I didn't notice that it wasn't in HD until almost the end.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 36

@catwoman500 wrote:

@nyadrn, Not sure exactly how Netflix works and have had no experience with it. I have Amazon Prime and no idea of what "streaming" even means so have never used it. Never heard of Below Deck or Southern Charm. I must be such an old fogey! HA! I was fine when we had only 3 channels and the TV was free and all we had to do was plug it in. Cat LOL N.

Well see my son set up all this stuff for me LOL. 

I do do have Amazon prime and I was checking out the tv series Younger that Gail suggested and it looks good and it is on Amazon

Beliw Deck and Southern Charm I watch on tv but I do have cable cause I live in s high rise condo and no tv service without it. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 36

@nyadrn wrote:

Well here we are..   June 2018. 

So what have you found to watch for this summer?

This weekend, .I just finished a marathon viewing of four seasons of "YOUNGER"  Season five started on June 5, so as of tonight, there have been 2-episodes for 2018.  It may not be for everyone but I am just loving it and can't wait for next weeks very short episode to air.

TV Land - YOUNGER - story line summary

In Brief - The Basic - a 40 year old recently divorce, New Jersey woman who has sent her kid off to college decides to go back to work in her field of publishing.  She could not get a job when they kept looking at 40 on her resume Sooooooo she changes and reports her age as 26 - A Millenial - and she has to look, talk, dress and understand the life and social medial for this  to be pulled off.  Takes place in NYC - she lives in Brooklyn.

BTW, this network airing it here - TV Land - does not broadcast in Highdef - I watched all those episodes (48) and was enjoying them so much, I didn't notice that it wasn't in HD until almost the end.

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 36

@nyadrn, Not sure exactly how Netflix works and have had no experience with it. I have Amazon Prime and no idea of what "streaming" even means so have never used it. Never heard of Below Deck or Southern Charm. I must be such an old fogey! HA! I was fine when we had only 3 channels and the TV was free and all we had to do was plug it in. Cat LOL N.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 36

I have been watching quite a bit of Netflix.  I do however wander over to watch Southern Charm , my favorite guilty pleasure of choice right now.  Below Deck is good too. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 36

One other option that I enjoy watching year round is AXS-TV. They show a lot of concerts and music shows. One of my favorite shows is The Big Interview with Dan Rather. His guests have included so many of the rock stars and country music legends of our generation, as well as other notables in the entertainment industry. It's interesting to hear them talk about their careers in retrospect and what they are up to now. 

And if you like music, I've found a lot of great concerts to watch by streaming from YouTube on my TV.

Kudos
Views