From travel insurance to fraud protection, AARP has you covered. Take a closer look at your member benefits.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: SOUTHERN CHARM

Message 1 of 6

@nyadrn - Patricial Altschul is older than I thought, at 77 .. which also means that Whitney (50) is closer in age to TRav (55), than "kids" like Shep Rose (37), Craig Conover (29), Austen Kroll (31), etc.! At least she's been accomplishing things, rather than just being a spoiled socialite (like a "real housewife"); from Wikipedia:

".. She is the widow of Arthur G. Altschul, a former Goldman Sachs partner and prominent art collector and philanthropist.[1] Mrs. Altschul has been a director or trustee of several nonprofit organizations including the New York Historical Society[2] and Historic Hudson Valley (the Rockefeller Family properties).[3] In 2012, Altschul was given a Woman of the Year award by the Police Athletic League of New York City.[4] In 2013, she received a Carolopolis Award from the Preservation Society of Charleston for her renovation of the historic Isaac Jenkins Mikell House in Charleston, SC. .."

After 5 seasons, I do think it's time for TRav to grow up (if that's possible), and date a mature woman closer to him in age. He already has 2 kids with Kathryn (26), and Kathryn's come across more like "St. Kathryn" this season, compared to 32-year old Ashley Jacobs! I kept wishing that the season finale included a big fight, with her going back to CA permanently, with her forked tail between her legs! Smiley Wink

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 6

@ASTRAEA wrote:

I've watched the original "Southern Charm" (Charleston) since it started, but haven't felt engaged with the casts of "SC Savannah" or "SC New Orleans", to watch more than one episode.

I'm not southern either, but it's like a guilty pleasure .. I do like Whitney's mother, Patricia (with her butler). I think that Thomas Ravenel (AKA "T Rav") is a little embarassing .. a 55 year old bachelor from a respected political family, who screwed up his own career, and keeps getting involved with much younger women & continues not to use birth control measures! Except for Whitney, the other guys seem to just play at having careers & businesses.

@ASTRAEA I am not sure why but I love watching this show..  and I love Patricia.. she is sporting a huge rock of an engagement ring and said on the show one day that apparently she is the only one who is marriage material.. I practically choked.. LOL  and the butler and the bell  hahhahhaha

TRav is "interesting".

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6

I've watched the original "Southern Charm" (Charleston) since it started, but haven't felt engaged with the casts of "SC Savannah" or "SC New Orleans", to watch more than one episode.

I'm not southern either, but it's like a guilty pleasure .. I do like Whitney's mother, Patricia (with her butler). I think that Thomas Ravenel (AKA "T Rav") is a little embarassing .. a 55 year old bachelor from a respected political family, who screwed up his own career, and keeps getting involved with much younger women & continues not to use birth control measures! Except for Whitney, the other guys seem to just play at having careers & businesses.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

@mimi0000 wrote:

I'm surprised that I follow Southern Charm since I'm not Southern, have no charm ,and old enough to be the grandmother of the cast members.   I find the characters  interesting and not as ditsy as Real Housewives, etc.

Anyone else watch it?

Yes   I do watch it and there is a Southern Charm Savannah as well!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

Same here, @mimi0000. Not too proud to admit it's one of my favorites! If I'm not mistaken the season finale is this week?

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

SOUTHERN CHARM

Message 6 of 6

I'm surprised that I follow Southern Charm since I'm not Southern, have no charm ,and old enough to be the grandmother of the cast members.   I find the characters  interesting and not as ditsy as Real Housewives, etc.

Anyone else watch it?

Kudos
Views
Replies