Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 'Roseanne' reboot roars with 18 million-plus viewers for its debut

Message 1 of 9

@nyadrnwrote:

@catwoman500wrote:

@nyadrn, Had to watch it ON DEMAND, but wanted to see it. I watch the old Roseanne re-runs all the time. I really enjoyed the reboot. Pretty sure I'll be catching up on the episodes each week.One real obvious change to me is that Sara Gilbert's Darlene is much more like the real Sara than the sarcastic old Darlene.

People may not agree with the Connor's political choices, but that's life. Get over it. I'm not going to stop watching just because i don't agree with her politics. Archie Bunker had a long run and OMG look at his philosophy! Cat LOL

I am definitely going to watch it as well..   I remember when it came out and I finally saw a more realistic family unit.  I don't care about their politics either.  As for Archie Bunker..  wow  you are right! LOL

What are the odds of having a transvestite grandson?  I doesn't seem realistic to me because I never knowingly met a transvestite.  ! bet that the inclusion of a transvestite was a concession that Roseanne Barr made with Hollywood liberals to get the show. I read somewhere that the revival was Sara Gilbert's idea.  

Old Witch
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 9

@catwoman500wrote:

@nyadrn, Had to watch it ON DEMAND, but wanted to see it. I watch the old Roseanne re-runs all the time. I really enjoyed the reboot. Pretty sure I'll be catching up on the episodes each week.One real obvious change to me is that Sara Gilbert's Darlene is much more like the real Sara than the sarcastic old Darlene.

People may not agree with the Connor's political choices, but that's life. Get over it. I'm not going to stop watching just because i don't agree with her politics. Archie Bunker had a long run and OMG look at his philosophy! Cat LOL

I am definitely going to watch it as well..   I remember when it came out and I finally saw a more realistic family unit.  I don't care about their politics either.  As for Archie Bunker..  wow  you are right! LOL

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9

@DennisC46703 Have you watched the show?  

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9

I am annoyed that just because she is a Trump supporter the Faux news trumpeteers are in glee and praising the writing and the directors ect.   Absolutely pathetic!!!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9

@nyadrnwrote:

I am not surprised at the numbers but we will have to see how it does in the long run.   

"SPANKY" Trump wasn't surprised by the numbers either.

In fact, "SPANKY" took credit for them!!!!!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9

I would have watched this if I were not watching one of my favorite shows... 

I am not surprised at the numbers but we will have to see how it does in the long run.   

What about you?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9
View photos

Network executive call sheets were probably filled Wednesday with producers, agents, and stars ringing to pitch their own reboot ideas. TV is already on nostalgia overdrive — IndieWire counts more than 60 remakes and reboots currently underway or in development, and the tremendous return of “Roseanne” will only press the accelerator.

Perhaps that’s not a bad thing, giving the audience what it wants. And what it wants right now, in an age of choice (and a world of uncertainty), is a bit of familiarity.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/roseanne-upends-tv-industry-proving-153055921.html

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

'Roseanne' reboot roars with 18 million-plus viewers for its debut

Message 9 of 9

The "Roseanne" revival debuted to record numbers Tuesday night.

The ABC reboot drew an estimated 18.2 million viewers, a huge audience considering modern TV viewing habits. What's more, the second episode, which aired right after the first, scored even better: 18.6 million viewers tuned in, according to Deadline.

Those numbers were more than enough to rank "Roseanne" as the biggest series debut this season, topping CBS' "Young Sheldon," which drew 17.2 million.

It also tops by 10 percent the audience for the final episode of the original "Roseanne," broadcast in May 1997 at the end of the show's original run.

The Tuesday night reboot scored on social media, too. It was Twitter's top trending topic.

Star Roseanne Barr even thanked her fans on Twitter for making the debut a huge success. "U guys made it all worth it! thanks so very much!" she wrote.

http://www.wkrn.com/top-news/roseanne-reboot-roars-with-18-million-plus-viewers-for-its-debut/108688...

Kudos
Views
Replies