When it comes to your workout, there are good reasons not to go it alone. Check out the benefits of exercise buddies.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Real Housewives of New Jersey

Message 31 of 35

"Real Housewives of New Jersey" stars Teresa and Joe Giudice are expected to plead guilty in New Jersey federal court on Tuesday, sources briefed on the case confirm to ABC News.

The couple was indicted on multiple counts of fraud last summer, including conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud, bank fraud, making false statements on loan applications and bankruptcy fraud.

Sources tell ABC News that Teresa Giudice is expected to plead guilty to four charges, including at least one count of fraud. She is potentially facing two years in prison, but the final decision on that will be made by the judge at sentencing.

Read: 'Real Housewives' Stars Teresa and Joe Giudice Charged With Fraud

Joe, 43, had also been accused of failure to file tax returns from 2004 through 2008, a period when he allegedly earned nearly $1 million.

The plea deal will not keep Joe, who's not a US citizen but from Italy, from being deported.

After conviction, US immigration officials get to decide if they want to proceed with sending him back to Italy.

Teresa and Joe Giudice Slapped With Additional Fraud Charges

The news comes as a surprise since at the time of the indictment, Henry Klingeman, an attorney for Teresa Guidice, 41, said in a statement to ABC News that she planned to plead not guilty.

When reached this afternoon, Klingeman declined to comment.
Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 35

It really all comes down to what the basic premise is of the show. Are they actually good friends, and the show is capturing what would go on between them, even if the cameras weren't there? Or are the cast members just a group of women in a similar geographic & socio-economic segment of the population, who may sometimes wind up at the same event .. who are forced to be together all the time, kind of like summer camp?

My guess is that it's the latter; based on a friend having been solicited by a producer years ago when she was at the salon, before RHONJ was cast. The producers go to an affluent area, and places where women congregate regularly, and ask who'd like to be on the show & loved the "drama". Then they ask volunteers if they have friends & relatives who might like to participate. So it might wind up a few clusters of friends/relatives .. or maybe just a bunch of women who go to a particular salon in town. Summer camp is a breeding ground for both lifetime friendships, and catfights over the most trivial things!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 35

In Response to Real Housewives of New Jersey:

I'm sure we had a Discussion about this at one point, but I can't find it now!

I happened to be watching Oprah's "Where Are They Now?" show, and one of the people featured was Dina Manzo, Caroline Manzo's sister .. who was on the first 2 seasons of "RHONJ".

She basically talked about stereotyping cast members, and the strain it placed on people. She hit the nail on the head, saying that in real life, why would she have dinner with anyone she disliked or who hated her (Danielle)!

She didn't get into the rift between her, and Caroline & their brother Chris Laurita (Jacqueline's husband), only to say that she was sure that things would be repaired over time. She did say that she & her husband Tommy Manzo were estranged .. although they still live together & get along. Tommy is the brother of Caroline's husband Al Manzo .. 2 sisters married to 2 brothers.

I couldn't believe how much her daughter Lexi had grown up, in the few years since she'd been on the show. She looks like a very nice young lady.

Dina seems to still be friendly with Theresa Giudice, but her comment about her seemed so naive. She said she liked Theresa, because no matter what's going on in Theresa's life (i.e. the 40 count indictment against her & Joe), Theresa is still "fun". The example she used was that Theresa would talk about clothes. Their legal situation is very serious; maybe it would be better if Theresa did take it seriously, and stop thinking about spending money & superficial things like fashion already!

Posted by ASTRAEA

Why would Dina  who kept saying how she valued her privacy, do this show and talk about the family and what happened?  She previously said she dropped out of the show to keep out of the family issues. In any case, she seemed to be the same personality as her sister, controlling..  of others, of the family situations etc etc.. I don't think she was missed.   Theresa has lots of problems as do all the rest of them and this show just brought all of the discord into the light and tore it apart.  Sad really. 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Real Housewives of New Jersey

Message 34 of 35

I happened to be watching Oprah's "Where Are They Now?" show, and one of the people featured was Dina Manzo, Caroline Manzo's sister .. who was on the first 2 seasons of "RHONJ".

She basically talked about stereotyping cast members, and the strain it placed on people. She hit the nail on the head, saying that in real life, why would she have dinner with anyone she disliked or who hated her (Danielle)!

She didn't get into the rift between her, and Caroline & their brother Chris Laurita (Jacqueline's husband), only to say that she was sure that things would be repaired over time. She did say that she & her husband Tommy Manzo were estranged .. although they still live together & get along. Tommy is the brother of Caroline's husband Al Manzo .. 2 sisters married to 2 brothers.

I couldn't believe how much her daughter Lexi had grown up, in the few years since she'd been on the show. She looks like a very nice young lady.

Dina seems to still be friendly with Theresa Giudice, but her comment about her seemed so naive. She said she liked Theresa, because no matter what's going on in Theresa's life (i.e. the 40 count indictment against her & Joe), Theresa is still "fun". The example she used was that Theresa would talk about clothes. Their legal situation is very serious; maybe it would be better if Theresa did take it seriously, and stop thinking about spending money & superficial things like fashion already!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views
Replies

Real Housewives of New Jersey

Message 34 of 35

Kudos
Views
Replies