Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Real Country new TV show

Message 1 of 20

I watched it last night. The format is different, with the audience voting after each performance. But what about the home audience? Maybe it comes at the very end, or maybe not. I doubt if I'll stick with it. Country really isn't my thing.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 20

@catwoman500 wrote:

@ASTRAEA,@nyadrn,@MaVolta I forgot all about it. Maybe when all my shows go on break for the holidays I can watch at least one show On Demand to see what I think. N

LOL.  Ok

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 20

@ASTRAEA,@nyadrn,@MaVolta I forgot all about it. Maybe when all my shows go on break for the holidays I can watch at least one show On Demand to see what I think. N

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 20

I watched the first 5 or 10 minutes, but wasn't motivated to become a regular. I'm not all that into country music, to watch a competition just about that. And it's also too late for me!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 20

I watched it but it was a big no.  On too late!  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 20

@MaVolta wrote:

Just a reminder . . . this show premiers tonight. I'm setting the DVR and will watch it later. Are you all still planning to watch? 

@MaVolta @catwoman500 @ASTRAEA

I am planning to check it out although what a blatant idea steal.  Wonder what Blake thinks?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 20

Just a reminder . . . this show premiers tonight. I'm setting the DVR and will watch it later. Are you all still planning to watch? 

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 20

@nyadrn. @ASTRAEA, @MaVolta,

Well, hello, all, and anyone else. We'd love you to join our discussions. Just chime in!

I didn't even see this topic until I was browsing this morning. I hate that I am not getting all the community discussion notices from AARP. It's still hit or miss.

I didn't know about this new show. I may have to check it out.

I am a country fan, but love The Voice because as you have said, it allows the artist to stretch his/her limits into other genres, so they are not stuck in one box.

I have noticed that there are a huge amount of country artists auditioning for The Voice, so maybe this new show will be another avenue for them to stroll. N

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 20

@ASTRAEA wrote:

@nyadrn - I agree that we'll have to compare the format of the new show, and the dynamic between the judges/coaches & contestants. The whole other issue is that The Voice gives/expects contestants to stretch themselves, and go beyond their comfort zone, genre-wise. And with Steals, contestants have an opportunty to work with multiple coaches, so that they're exposed to different genres of music & get different feedback.

@ASTRAEA  It should make for some interesting comparisons!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 20

Not to sure where to put this, without starting a separate discussion, but what do you think is/are the strongest points each of these singing competitions built into their methodology?

I think THE most important feature is The Voice's "Blind Auditions"! I know that there have been contestants that might never have been given a chance, if the coaches could see them right off the bat!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors