Honored Social Butterfly

Real Country new TV show

Real CountryReal Country

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Just a reminder . . . this show premiers tonight. I'm setting the DVR and will watch it later. Are you all still planning to watch? 

"Music can change the world because it can change people." - Bono
Honored Social Butterfly

@MaVolta wrote:

Just a reminder . . . this show premiers tonight. I'm setting the DVR and will watch it later. Are you all still planning to watch? 

@MaVolta @catwoman500 @ASTRAEA

I am planning to check it out although what a blatant idea steal.  Wonder what Blake thinks?

Honored Social Butterfly

I watched it but it was a big no.  On too late!  

Honored Social Butterfly

I watched the first 5 or 10 minutes, but wasn't motivated to become a regular. I'm not all that into country music, to watch a competition just about that. And it's also too late for me!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Recognized Social Butterfly

@ASTRAEA,@nyadrn,@MaVolta I forgot all about it. Maybe when all my shows go on break for the holidays I can watch at least one show On Demand to see what I think. N

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 wrote:

@ASTRAEA,@nyadrn,@MaVolta I forgot all about it. Maybe when all my shows go on break for the holidays I can watch at least one show On Demand to see what I think. N

LOL.  Ok

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I watched it last night. The format is different, with the audience voting after each performance. But what about the home audience? Maybe it comes at the very end, or maybe not. I doubt if I'll stick with it. Country really isn't my thing.

Honored Social Butterfly

Not to sure where to put this, without starting a separate discussion, but what do you think is/are the strongest points each of these singing competitions built into their methodology?

I think THE most important feature is The Voice's "Blind Auditions"! I know that there have been contestants that might never have been given a chance, if the coaches could see them right off the bat!

Honored Social Butterfly

REAL COUNTRY is a new country music showcase series featuring multi-platinum, five-time GRAMMY Award®-winning trailblazer Shania Twain, ACM Award-winning and platinum-selling singer-songwriter Jake Owen and multi-platinum, GRAMMY Award®-winning country music legend Travis Tritt. Premiering this fall on USA, the eight-part series will film this summer in Nashville and is produced by Wilshire Studios, with Twain, Nicolle Yaron, Stijn Bakkers and Leslie Garvin set to executive produce.

In each hour-long episode, Twain, Owen and Tritt hand-select emerging solo artists, duos and groups to perform in showcases that spotlight the rich traditions, songs and themes of specific country genres. The best artists from each showcase will perform in a grand finale, for the chance to be named one of country music’s next breakout acts.

http://www.usanetwork.com/realcountry/cast

Honored Social Butterfly

@nyadrn - Thanks for posting, I'd like to check it out. I used to listen to country music back in the 80's and 90's, but haven't listened to much since then. I'd like to see how they sort it all out with the different "country genres" they mentioned. Cat Very Happy

Honored Social Butterfly

@MaVolta wrote:

@nyadrn - Thanks for posting, I'd like to check it out. I used to listen to country music back in the 80's and 90's, but haven't listened to much since then. I'd like to see how they sort it all out with the different "country genres" they mentioned. Cat Very Happy

You are welcome. @MaVolta   I will check it out as well.  Should be interesting to see how they set it up. 

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

So @ASTRAEA@catwoman500

@MaVolta

A new show playing on the popularity of country music.  What do you think?  Will you watch?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@nyadrn - OK, strategically, do you think this new show will alter Blake Shelton's position on "The Voice", and the number of country candidates it's been getting?

Honored Social Butterfly

@ASTRAEA wrote:

@nyadrn - OK, strategically, do you think this new show will alter Blake Shelton's position on "The Voice", and the number of country candidates it's been getting?

@ASTRAEA I am going to say no but I guess I should see how their format works etc but Blake is good live and I don’t think this will hurt him.  I know a lot of the country stars but there is a difference in being  a singer and s judge.  We will see.  What do you think?

Honored Social Butterfly

@nyadrn - I agree that we'll have to compare the format of the new show, and the dynamic between the judges/coaches & contestants. The whole other issue is that The Voice gives/expects contestants to stretch themselves, and go beyond their comfort zone, genre-wise. And with Steals, contestants have an opportunty to work with multiple coaches, so that they're exposed to different genres of music & get different feedback.

Honored Social Butterfly

@ASTRAEA wrote:

@nyadrn - I agree that we'll have to compare the format of the new show, and the dynamic between the judges/coaches & contestants. The whole other issue is that The Voice gives/expects contestants to stretch themselves, and go beyond their comfort zone, genre-wise. And with Steals, contestants have an opportunty to work with multiple coaches, so that they're exposed to different genres of music & get different feedback.

@ASTRAEA  It should make for some interesting comparisons!

0 Kudos
Recognized Social Butterfly

@nyadrn. @ASTRAEA, @MaVolta,

Well, hello, all, and anyone else. We'd love you to join our discussions. Just chime in!

I didn't even see this topic until I was browsing this morning. I hate that I am not getting all the community discussion notices from AARP. It's still hit or miss.

I didn't know about this new show. I may have to check it out.

I am a country fan, but love The Voice because as you have said, it allows the artist to stretch his/her limits into other genres, so they are not stuck in one box.

I have noticed that there are a huge amount of country artists auditioning for The Voice, so maybe this new show will be another avenue for them to stroll. N

Honored Social Butterfly

There are just so many hours of performance competitions I feel like watching each week, so I might watch to check it out .. but don't know if I'd become a regular. Wasn't there another country music-oriented competition a few years ago; can't even remember the name of the series?

Honored Social Butterfly

@ASTRAEA wrote:

There are just so many hours of performance competitions I feel like watching each week, so I might watch to check it out .. but don't know if I'd become a regular. Wasn't there another country music-oriented competition a few years ago; can't even remember the name of the series?

I agree.  Might check it but staying with The Voice. Don’t remember another country show