Refresh your driving skills and you could save on your auto insurance! Sign up for the AARP Smart Driver course.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Real Country new TV show

Message 11 of 20

@MaVolta wrote:

@nyadrn - Thanks for posting, I'd like to check it out. I used to listen to country music back in the 80's and 90's, but haven't listened to much since then. I'd like to see how they sort it all out with the different "country genres" they mentioned. Cat Very Happy

You are welcome. @MaVolta   I will check it out as well.  Should be interesting to see how they set it up. 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 20

@nyadrn - I agree that we'll have to compare the format of the new show, and the dynamic between the judges/coaches & contestants. The whole other issue is that The Voice gives/expects contestants to stretch themselves, and go beyond their comfort zone, genre-wise. And with Steals, contestants have an opportunty to work with multiple coaches, so that they're exposed to different genres of music & get different feedback.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 20

@ASTRAEA wrote:

@nyadrn - OK, strategically, do you think this new show will alter Blake Shelton's position on "The Voice", and the number of country candidates it's been getting?

@ASTRAEA I am going to say no but I guess I should see how their format works etc but Blake is good live and I don’t think this will hurt him.  I know a lot of the country stars but there is a difference in being  a singer and s judge.  We will see.  What do you think?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 20

@nyadrn - Thanks for posting, I'd like to check it out. I used to listen to country music back in the 80's and 90's, but haven't listened to much since then. I'd like to see how they sort it all out with the different "country genres" they mentioned. Cat Very Happy

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 20

@nyadrn - OK, strategically, do you think this new show will alter Blake Shelton's position on "The Voice", and the number of country candidates it's been getting?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 20

@ASTRAEA wrote:

There are just so many hours of performance competitions I feel like watching each week, so I might watch to check it out .. but don't know if I'd become a regular. Wasn't there another country music-oriented competition a few years ago; can't even remember the name of the series?

I agree.  Might check it but staying with The Voice. Don’t remember another country show

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 20

There are just so many hours of performance competitions I feel like watching each week, so I might watch to check it out .. but don't know if I'd become a regular. Wasn't there another country music-oriented competition a few years ago; can't even remember the name of the series?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 20

So @ASTRAEA@catwoman500

@MaVolta

A new show playing on the popularity of country music.  What do you think?  Will you watch?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 20

REAL COUNTRY is a new country music showcase series featuring multi-platinum, five-time GRAMMY Award®-winning trailblazer Shania Twain, ACM Award-winning and platinum-selling singer-songwriter Jake Owen and multi-platinum, GRAMMY Award®-winning country music legend Travis Tritt. Premiering this fall on USA, the eight-part series will film this summer in Nashville and is produced by Wilshire Studios, with Twain, Nicolle Yaron, Stijn Bakkers and Leslie Garvin set to executive produce.

In each hour-long episode, Twain, Owen and Tritt hand-select emerging solo artists, duos and groups to perform in showcases that spotlight the rich traditions, songs and themes of specific country genres. The best artists from each showcase will perform in a grand finale, for the chance to be named one of country music’s next breakout acts.

http://www.usanetwork.com/realcountry/cast

Tags (3)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Real Country new TV show

Message 20 of 20