You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Get a free phone charging set with promo code AARP6.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Project Runway Season 16 Premier

Message 31 of 44

I thought I missed this week's episode, but checked & was happy to realize it's tonight (Thursday)!! Smiley Happy

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 44

Not yet  but I am interested in:

Kentaro

Brandon and

Batani

I didn't think last week's winner was that great Ayana

The twins are interesting 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 44

@nyadrn - Do you have any favorites yet?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 44

@ASTRAEA wrote:

Looking at the official website now, listing all the Designers, it reminds me of our complaints about "The Voice" .. that some contestants seem to slip thru the cracks, not getting as much air time during work/rehearsal sessions, or presentations/performances! I think both shows focus more on contestants with "big personalities" (sometimes good, but sometimes bad as well), while the others are left out .. and then can't build a following.

What did you think of last night's "recycling" challenge? I was surprised at how little Sentell did to transform a couple of green trash bags; he deserved to go home .. but the twins continue to be annoying & Shawn's outfit was pretty bad too (2nd week in a row). If they did more & self-analyzed less, they'd both probably have better outfits .. a perfect example of "analysis paralysis."

It's obvious that the judges put "cutting edge" above attractiveness & wearability, when selecting winners. I was really impressed with Kenya's designs last week & this week, but someone with a more edgy design beat her out. I wasn't as wowed by Ayana's fringe outfit, as they were.

I'm with you on the green trash bag dress.. it was terrible and I can't undertand how he did not see that.   Just like every season, there are alot of big personalities that make the show interesting but mainly  I love to see what they can do with these challenges.  So much talent.   

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 44

Looking at the official website now, listing all the Designers, it reminds me of our complaints about "The Voice" .. that some contestants seem to slip thru the cracks, not getting as much air time during work/rehearsal sessions, or presentations/performances! I think both shows focus more on contestants with "big personalities" (sometimes good, but sometimes bad as well), while the others are left out .. and then can't build a following.

What did you think of last night's "recycling" challenge? I was surprised at how little Sentell did to transform a couple of green trash bags; he deserved to go home .. but the twins continue to be annoying & Shawn's outfit was pretty bad too (2nd week in a row). If they did more & self-analyzed less, they'd both probably have better outfits .. a perfect example of "analysis paralysis."

It's obvious that the judges put "cutting edge" above attractiveness & wearability, when selecting winners. I was really impressed with Kenya's designs last week & this week, but someone with a more edgy design beat her out. I wasn't as wowed by Ayana's fringe outfit, as they were.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 44

It is hard to remember all the different shows.  I need s grid!  😀

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 44

Thanks for the reminder!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 44
Project Runway
PROJECT RUNWAYTHURSDAYS AT 9/8C
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 44

@ASTRAEA wrote:

I didn't watch the "Social Edition" part last night, but I did watch Episode 1 that followed. I think they got it right, letting ChaCha go last night; he seemed very immature as a person & designer. I thought the Buitendorp twins were incredibly annoying, and thought their outfit was trashy .. surely not a Red Carpet look. I would have been happy to have seen them cut last night too!

I loved Kenya Freeman's dress & thought she tied with Deyonte for top honors. I wish the official website included a photo of the designers together with their models/creations, for each episode. One designer had something that looked like a gold poptart, stapled to the model; they got by last night .. but God knows why they weren't on the bottom! I was really disappointed in Batani's design on a plus-size model, and agreed with one of the judges who said they like'd Batani's own outfit a lot better, than what she did for the model.

Who are you most & least favorites?

I loved the show and the variety in sizes and styles.   It was easily ChaCha who had to go and I did not like the twin's outfit nor the other bottom look.  I liked Kenyas look as well.  Beautiful.   I think it will be a good season.  I always thought the designer who never did women's wear did an amazing outfit.  Looking to see more from him.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 44

I didn't watch the "Social Edition" part last night, but I did watch Episode 1 that followed. I think they got it right, letting ChaCha go last night; he seemed very immature as a person & designer. I thought the Buitendorp twins were incredibly annoying, and thought their outfit was trashy .. surely not a Red Carpet look. I would have been happy to have seen them cut last night too!

I loved Kenya Freeman's dress & thought she tied with Deyonte for top honors. I wish the official website included a photo of the designers together with their models/creations, for each episode. One designer had something that looked like a gold poptart, stapled to the model; they got by last night .. but God knows why they weren't on the bottom! I was really disappointed in Batani's design on a plus-size model, and agreed with one of the judges who said they like'd Batani's own outfit a lot better, than what she did for the model.

Who are you most & least favorites?

Kudos
Views