With an AARP membership, there’s always more to discover! Check out your member benefits.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Project Runway Season 16 Premier

Message 21 of 44

Well, the disruptive Shawn is gone! I was almost sorry that she was at a total loss, handling that head-to-head challenge with Claire on her own, and decided to concede to her sister. I was hoping she's prove to everyone that she really has no talent or ability to handle a project on her own .. because I'm sure this way she'll spin it so that her lack of talent had nothing to do with her leaving!

On their next challenge with the crew friends & relatives, I thought that Margarita became too focused on what Claire was doing, even if Claire was copying her last design .. for sure Tim & the judges would have seen that immediately. On the runway, Margarite kept saying she didn't want to "throw anyone under the bus" .. but Michael walked off. In the trailer you see him talking to Tim about someone not following the rules .. and that can't just be about one designer doing things similar to someone else .. so I wonder if his bombshell will be that Claire contacted Shawn for ideas/help?!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 44

@nyadrn - "Indeed!"

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 44

@ASTRAEA

49 Thoughts I had after Watching Projedt Runway  Article

https://www.babble.com/entertainment/project-runway-lifetime-season-16-episode-7/?cmp=elp%7Cnone%7Cn...

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 44

@ASTRAEA wrote:

@nyadrn - My guess is that Shawn will be "Out", and Claire may actually become more quiet, normal & efficient. I think the show's rules would prevent Shawn from camping out near their apartment, and attempting to keep in touch with Claire .. but with producers of reality shows, who knows what rules they'd be willing to bend, if they thought it would increase the drama!

I was shocked a few weeks ago, when Shawn was again at the bottom, but safe at the end, how delusional she was about the judges being in the wrong about interpretting how great her design was .. oh pleez!

Drama.  That is the name of the game for reality shows.  It should be interesting to see this challenge play out!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 44

@nyadrn - My guess is that Shawn will be "Out", and Claire may actually become more quiet, normal & efficient. I think the show's rules would prevent Shawn from camping out near their apartment, and attempting to keep in touch with Claire .. but with producers of reality shows, who knows what rules they'd be willing to bend, if they thought it would increase the drama!

I was shocked a few weeks ago, when Shawn was again at the bottom, but safe at the end, how delusional she was about the judges being in the wrong about interpretting how great her design was .. oh pleez!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 44

@ASTRAEA wrote:

Who's still watching this season?

I think I missed an episode, but watched last night, where the designers had to work in teams of 2, to come up with 2 looks. Not surprisingly, Claire & Shawn Buitendorp worked together, and wound up at the bottom. Unlike the other teams, it was impossible for the judges to know who did what between them, so it was a cliffhanger with them getting a 1-hr challenge to do something without any help/input from the other .. so the judges know who to send home!

I'll be happy to see either of them go, but I think Shawn is the more annoying & less talented! 

Yes definitely still watching. Shawn can't leave her sister Claire alone for five minutes and everyone can see it but Their dynamics have grow over lots of years and I don't see it changing. Wonder how their individual lives are?

Anyway, it should be an interesting show 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 44

Who's still watching this season?

I think I missed an episode, but watched last night, where the designers had to work in teams of 2, to come up with 2 looks. Not surprisingly, Claire & Shawn Buitendorp worked together, and wound up at the bottom. Unlike the other teams, it was impossible for the judges to know who did what between them, so it was a cliffhanger with them getting a 1-hr challenge to do something without any help/input from the other .. so the judges know who to send home!

I'll be happy to see either of them go, but I think Shawn is the more annoying & less talented! 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 44

@ASTRAEA wrote:

While I could tell that Brandon's outfit was very detailed & meticulously made, I really didn't know what I was looking at in it!

I was glad Deyonte wasn't sent home, since at least part of his problem last night was caused by his accident.

Did you watch the 15 minute "coming attraction" after the show? I think the twins running around, sliding & falling all over, is just dangerous .. not to mention incredibly discourteous & distracting to the other contestants. Shawn is always just borderline making it thru, and Claire's creations fade into the background. Frankly they'd be better on "Fashion Police" than "Project Runway", because they talk a good game a lot better than actually designing well.

Deyonte picked a style and color that did nothing for except detract from his model's appearance.  I thought it was horrible..  and there are more on this season that will be leaving soon.  The twins are irritating and I doubt and I havn't seen anything from them yet.  Yikes.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 44

While I could tell that Brandon's outfit was very detailed & meticulously made, I really didn't know what I was looking at in it!

I was glad Deyonte wasn't sent home, since at least part of his problem last night was caused by his accident.

Did you watch the 15 minute "coming attraction" after the show? I think the twins running around, sliding & falling all over, is just dangerous .. not to mention incredibly discourteous & distracting to the other contestants. Shawn is always just borderline making it thru, and Claire's creations fade into the background. Frankly they'd be better on "Fashion Police" than "Project Runway", because they talk a good game a lot better than actually designing well.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 44

@ASTRAEA wrote:

I thought I missed this week's episode, but checked & was happy to realize it's tonight (Thursday)!! Smiley Happy

Brandon. Fabulous!

Kudos
Views