Getty Images and AARP present the Disrupt Aging Collection, a searchable photo collection that redefines what it means to get older. Take a look.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: PBS Masterpiece Theater - "Unforgotten"

Message 31 of 37

Quite a full ending to season 1 (3 episodes) of "Unforgotten" .. wasn't it?!

I just read a review of the series, and definitely agree that the best part is that the situation is complex, and the ending isn't obvious within the first few minutes, as on other murder mysteries!

Quite a mixed bag at the end; closure for one mother, several people set free from long-held secrets with hope for the future, an unlikely ending for another character, and salvation for another.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 37

@MaVolta, Oh, yeah, that mother visiting the place where they found him was too sad.

I Googled again and see that they are calling that Elizabeth character, Lizzie, not Beth or Bess. I swear I heard them call her Beth/Bess and not Lizzie. Yikes! Cat LOL

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 37

@catwoman500 - I watched episode 2 last night and I see what you mean. 

There were plenty of revelations! Just about everyone listed in the diary is a suspect, and at the end of the show, we find out about a second victim.

It was hard to watch the victim's mother go to the place where her child had been buried. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 37

@MaVolta, Good question about "Beth." (I think that is her nickname) Her name is Elizabeth, but with the British mumble I can't tell if they are calling her Beth or Bess. She is certainly covering up a past, but I won't say more until you watch the second episode. I will say I feel sorry for her husband. You'll see why in the second episode. N.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 37

It didn't take long for me to get pulled in by this one, so I'm hooked! I watched the first episode and have the second on DVR.

Solving a crime that's 40 years old, with little to go on, seems like a daunting task.  Yet they keep turning up bits and pieces of information, that a picture starts to emerge. I think that the finding of the diary, and the use of modern technology to read the old pages was amazing. All of the people listed seem to have a connection to the victim. A lot of intrigue is sure to follow!

@catwoman500 - The woman you mention has me puzzled, too. Is she just covering up a past and trying to go straight, or does she have ulterior motives?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 37

I watched it and will continue to watch. It certainly was suspenseful, @ASTRAEA!

There is one actress who looks so familiar and I can't place where I have seen her before. Her character is the woman who must have lost a son and is now taking another boy under her wing and is kind of protecting him from what appear to be gang members. There is somethig fishy about her, though. Let me see if I can find out the name of the actress.

OK...her name is Ruth Sheen, but the limited bio that I found doesn't have anything that I remember her for. N.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

PBS Masterpiece Theater - "Unforgotten"

Message 37 of 37

I just watched the first episode of this Crime Drama last night:

"Two stone-cold cases of murder test the wits of crime-solving duo DCI Cassie Stuart and DS Sunny Khan, played by Nicola Walker (Last Tango in Halifax) and Sanjeev Bhaskar (Indian Summers), in back-to-back seasons of the critically acclaimed UK crime series Unforgotten."

Since the one murder took place in the 1970s, it gives them the opportunity to use flashbacks & 2 casts, similar to "This is Us". The big thing last night was finding the victim's address book, and investigating the people listed in it. You begin to realize they're all connected somehow .. but how?!

Very suspenseful!!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors