From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: PBS Masterpiece Theater - "Unforgotten"

Message 1 of 37

@MaVoltawrote:

@catwoman500 - Sometimes I also have problems with the mumbling, and Scottish accents can be tricky when the characters speak so fast that that my brain can't decipher it that quickly! Cat Frustrated

I often resort to turning on closed captions. 

Darn, why didn't I think of the closed captions; I had more trouble with this episode than previous ones, understanding everything they said .. and not just Colin!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 37

@MaVolta, YES! That Scottish brogue is sometimes even worse than the regular mumble.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 37

@catwoman500 - Sometimes I also have problems with the mumbling, and Scottish accents can be tricky when the characters speak so fast that that my brain can't decipher it that quickly! Cat Frustrated

I often resort to turning on closed captions. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 37

@ASTRAEA, @MaVolta, Wow!

I couldn't crochet at all since I knew I had to pay close attention. Sometimes the "British mumble" gets the best of me.

It was for the best that they dropped the investigation. Those three poor souls had enough to deal with after it was all upturned.

I have to settle things, so in my own mind, Sara will be fine as her husband was really good about dealing with the chaos, and then her dad showing up might be a good thing, too. Not sure about her kids, and she can kiss the school position good-bye probably.

Still sticking with my own way of settling things, I think Marion will be OK, too. Her husband seems to be reasonable and caring and she has repaired her bond with her sister.

Colin's situation, on the other hand, is iffy. If the case is dropped, and Janet, the social worker, is as nice as she seems, then maybe Colin can stay with Simon and the little girl...was her name Flo? Otherwise Simon will be a single dad. Cat Sad

There were still other things I had questions about, but I can't remember them all. Oh, Like Cassie's dad...the letter the cheater wrote was a nice touch.

I wanted this mystery to go on and explain more stuff, but I guess I just have to speculate. Cat Tongue N.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 37

@ASTRAEA

It certainly was one of the strangest mystery shows ever. The ending was still harsh, and after all three suspects had been forced to make confessions about their past, they all had to go back for a second time with even more details and presumably their roles in the various murders. 

I was glad that Cassie and Sunny decided to drop the investigation for lack of evidence, not to mention the two missing bodies! It did leave a lot of unfinished business with all of the characters.

I think that Colin's story to Cassie was the game changer for her, and he said that Marion and Sara had it even worse. She was obviously sickened by whole thing. Who wouldn't be?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 37

What did you think of the finale of "season 2" of Unforgotten? I loved all the complexity of the storyline, and that they solved it to be a "strangers on a train" situation with 3 deaths .. not just the original one. But after all that, it seemed a letdown - albeit a fair thing to do - that Cassie & Sunny decided there wasn't enough proof to bring any indictments. Nothing with the shock value of discovering Claire Slater the murderer in "season 1", and digging up multiple bodies in the backyard.

This ending also left a lot of things up in the air. Only nurse Marion Kelsey & her sister seemed reconciled; although they were both angry at their mother. Colin still had to deal with the birth mother's/father's extortion, although we can assume the adoption wouldn't be derailed when the investigation was dropped. We certainly don't know what happens with Sara Mahmoud; her relationship with her sons or that opportunity to become head mistress at a school.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 37

@ASTRAEAwrote:

This is definitely one of the more complex murder mystery series I've seen in a long time!

On another topic .. did you guys know that Robson Green ("Grantchester") is hosting a travel series, about the British coastline, and also hosted a series on "Extreme Fishing"?

@ASTRAEA, No, I did not know that about him. I Googled briefly and see that he has also written a book about Extreme Fishing. Interesting. Not sure I would want to do any extreme fishing although I have fished before. Cat Happy N.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 37

This is definitely one of the more complex murder mystery series I've seen in a long time!

On another topic .. did you guys know that Robson Green ("Grantchester") is hosting a travel series, about the British coastline, and also hosted a series on "Extreme Fishing"?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 37

If the show didn't have enough twists and turns already, now we find out that the victim was quite likely an abuser, himself. They are now looking at links to three (I think) places where David worked or volunteered, where children may have been abused. DI Stuart thinks that one of her suspects could have been a victim who got revenge. DC Khan was outraged. 

I felt sorry for Sara, that her son found out, and of course, it went from there. Colin's relationship with his partner, the adoption, and possibly his law practice, may be in jeopardy when it's found out that he may have committed a sexual assaul, and ended up in a mental hospital. And Marion's husband is also troubled to learn the truth about her previous life in a lesbian relationship with an IRA terrorist. Tess and her husband, who rightfully has concerns about Tess' son being around his daughter, are also being torn apart. 

All of the suspects had a past that they were trying to hide for very legitimate reasons. But then, they all three end up meeting at a bar! Obviously, they know each other from somewhere. If one of them did not commit the crime, they must have some idea of who did. Or were they all three in on it? 

I have no idea where they are going from here! 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 37

@ASTRAEA @catwoman500 @MaVolta

Enjoyed reading all your comments about "Unforgotten"  boy there are threads everywhere and it is hard to keep them all straight.  I love these British mystery shows and this one is really complex.  There are enough costly mistakes to go around that's for sure and many could have been avoided by the person telling the their family or SO the truth about their past  and not keeping the lie up but sometimes like Astraea said, you wonder how useful it really is to go back and sort everything out and fix blame.. there is plenty of that to go around as well.  

How much do you want to know about someone's past and how much do you want to share.. interesting considerations.

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors