Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to avoiding surprise medical bills! Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: PBS-CALL THE MIDWIFE HOLIDAY SPECIAL 2018

Message 1 of 10

@catwoman500 - Thanks for looking that up! Now it seems odd that no one really asked about her time away. It sounded like she'd been in Paris , talking about the latest fashions.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 10

@ASTRAEA...

I forgot why Trixie was away, too!

From Radio Times website…

Devastated by a difficult decision she had to make to take three children away from their mother because of the mother’s Huntington’s Disease, and by her recent break-up with Christopher, Helen George’s character Trixie has relapsed into alcoholism.

After drinking sherry with her patients and secretly swigging vodka in the bathroom and skipping her support group meetings, Nurse Franklin reaches breaking point and approaches Sister Julienne to say she needs help. The head Sister thanks her for her honesty and tells her to go away for six months of treatment – and return to Nonnatus House when she has recovered.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 10

I was lucky my 2nd PBS station had the holiday special last night, so of course I watched it! Where had Trixie gone .. I must have missed that last season? There's always at least one storyline that's a tear-jerker. This time it was the pregnant woman who'd been separated from her brother when they were children. I was glad Sister Julienne didn't stay at the Mother House either. Have they given an inkling or how far that is from Nonatus House? I was wondering if they might ask Mrs. Turner to come back every few weeks, to help with the office work. I guess Dr. Turner's practice is doing well; they had 3 children and just took on a 4th, and he said something about a bigger car.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 10

Wow; I was visiting relatives on Christmas, and got busy feeding the animals when I got home .. I totally missed the special!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 10

@MaVolta...with all the changes that there have been over the seasons, I was keeping my fingers crossed that Sister Julienne would return to Nonnatus and not be elected Mother Superior! I felt bad about losing Sister Winifred, but it's what she wanted. Maybe they will do some scenes from the orphanage and Mother House, so we can see her once in a while?

I felt like I was coming back into an alien space when the show ended; I get so involved in the drama of the show. Cat LOL I was like that during Downton, too. N.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 10

Spoiler alert!!

Yes, I saw the special and enjoyed it very much. Nice to see Trixie back on the show. Loved the scene where she rushed out to deliver the baby in her new designer dress! 

It looks like we are losing Sr Winifred since she stayed behind at Mother House. But very happy to see that Sr Julienne returned to Nonnatus House! The new Mother Superior said that she would be assigning two more sisters to Nonnatus, so new characters for next season, it seems.

You just knew that the shy little Chinese girl was going to end up with the Turner family! Nice way to end the show!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 10

@catwoman500 wrote:

@nyadrn...My friend missed it and watched it on the PBS website. Hope you can catch it. N.

I will check it out. Thanks!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 10

@nyadrn...My friend missed it and watched it on the PBS website. Hope you can catch it. N.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 10

@catwoman500 wrote:

Hi, All,

Was anyone able to see the holiday special last night? I got home in the nick of time to watch it and of course it made me yearn for the return of this great show next spring.

As we know from the end of last season, there were some changes. We meet some new characters, and Trixie returns.

In this special, there was a lot of focus on the orphange at the Mother House, and the election of a new Mother Superior.

Hoping some of you saw it. What did you think? N.

Hi.  No I completely missed it. Will have to look for a replay!!   Thanks for sharing!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

PBS-CALL THE MIDWIFE HOLIDAY SPECIAL 2018

Message 10 of 10

Hi, All,

Was anyone able to see the holiday special last night? I got home in the nick of time to watch it and of course it made me yearn for the return of this great show next spring.

As we know from the end of last season, there were some changes. We meet some new characters, and Trixie returns.

In this special, there was a lot of focus on the orphange at the Mother House, and the election of a new Mother Superior.

Hoping some of you saw it. What did you think? N.

Kudos
Views
Replies