Refresh your driving skills and learn about new car technology with the AARP Driver Safety page.

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The Real Housewives of New York former star Alex McCord moving

Message 1 of 149
@gatorgorilla wrote:
Oh wow - it takes guts on her part to come back!  I agree bringing her back is a last-ditch effort.  I did not like her either, Diane.  Don't know who your or Astraea's particular faves were/are of the NY Wives - I liked Jill for the most part, and I liked her husband.  Jill was definitely a "bossy pants", or at least what I think a "bossy pants" is!   

When the series first started, Jill reminded me very much of a cousin .. a typical JAP (Jewish American Princess) from the NY suburbs, who'd married well & had a nice family life. My cousin could be a "bossy pants" back in her day, but mostly it was out of love of friends & family, so it was only a little annoying. Jill & Countess LuAnn have been my favorites over the years.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 149

@ASTRAEA wrote:
@nyadrn wrote:

Here comes Bethenny!

Four years after she quit The Real Housewives of New York, Frankel, 43, is returning to the show that made her a star, Us Weekly reports.

According to the magazine, producers are praying the Skinnygirl mogul will boost the Bravo reality series’ slumping ratings.

“Bringing her back is a last-ditch effort,” a source tells Us.

This will be the kiss of death for this show...  I cannot stand her!!!

Yup! Is she coming back with all of her marital/divorce baggage?!

Oh wow - it takes guts on her part to come back!  I agree bringing her back is a last-ditch effort.  I did not like her either, Diane.  Don't know who your or Astraea's particular faves were/are of the NY Wives - I liked Jill for the most part, and I liked her husband.  Jill was definitely a "bossy pants", or at least what I think a "bossy pants" is!   

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 149
@nyadrn wrote:

Here comes Bethenny!

Four years after she quit The Real Housewives of New York, Frankel, 43, is returning to the show that made her a star, Us Weekly reports.

According to the magazine, producers are praying the Skinnygirl mogul will boost the Bravo reality series’ slumping ratings.

Yup! Is she coming back with all of her marital/divorce baggage?!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 149

Here comes Bethenny!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 149

@ASTRAEA wrote:

There's already a "Real Housewives of Melbourne" (on on Sunday morning, so it's not surprising if no one's heard about it). They seem more like the RHO Beverly Hills, so wannabes like Alex & Simon would have a problem fitting in.

Alex was OK, but Simon was just creepy & attached-at-the-hip. The only man I can think of, who'd force himself into a "girls night out" event!

Last time I saw them was on "Couples Therapy" .. so they couldn't have been doing all that well. Knowing that Simon's a control freak to start with, moving to HIS country half a world away, is a good way for him to take away Alex's network of friends & support system.

Wow I never heard of the RHO Melbourne!    Yes these two seemed a little off from the beginning and Simon was definately unusual.. they are still married surprisingly compared to many of the couples and who knows what they will get into out there.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 149

There's already a "Real Housewives of Melbourne" (on on Sunday morning, so it's not surprising if no one's heard about it). They seem more like the RHO Beverly Hills, so wannabes like Alex & Simon would have a problem fitting in.

Alex was OK, but Simon was just creepy & attached-at-the-hip. The only man I can think of, who'd force himself into a "girls night out" event!

Last time I saw them was on "Couples Therapy" .. so they couldn't have been doing all that well. Knowing that Simon's a control freak to start with, moving to HIS country half a world away, is a good way for him to take away Alex's network of friends & support system.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

The Real Housewives of New York former star Alex McCord moving

Message 7 of 149

Former The Real Housewives of New York star Alex McCord will no longer be seen around the streets of Brooklyn. This morning, Alex and her husband Simon Van Kempen announced that they will be packing their bags and moving across the world to Simon’s home country of Australia. The couple will take their sons, Francois and Johan, with them and continue to raise them down under.

“And we’re off,” Simon revealed on his social media accounts, “off to Australia to live! Our beautiful Brooklyn home went on the market this morning!”

That means the townhouse Alex McCord and Simon renovated while filming the hit Bravo show is on the market. The 6-bedroom townhouse in Brooklyn’s Cobble Hill neighborhood has an asking price of $2,695,000.

According to a new Bravo report, former Real Housewives of New York star Alex McCord will leave her life behind in Brooklyn to perhaps pursue a new career in Australia. McCord and Simon have not filmed for Bravo for years. Many were hoping that the couple would return, since they seemed so eager to film the show. Perhaps this is Bravo’s chance to expand the housewives franchise to New South Wales.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1481783/former-rhony-star-alex-mccord-moves-her-family-across-the-world/

The most surprising thing  in the article was that it said viewers were looking for them to come back to the show  lol

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Re: The Singers

Message 8 of 149

@Prosecco62 wrote:

@ASTRAEA wrote:
@nyadrn wrote:

I missed part three of the reunion    did I miss anything good?

I think I watched the whole thing, which focused on clips showing the very heavy situations each of them faced this season .. which kept it more somber & mature. That included Heather dealing with her son's hearing loss & other medical issues, Kristen's little girl's mobility problems, Aviva re-visiting the barn where she'd lost her leg as a child, etc.

It was very interesting, but I found it very annoying that Ramona always has to weigh in, so that she gets more attention .. even when it's about someone else! I'm sure on some level they empathize with each other about these terrible tragedies even money can't erase, but Ramona's "cheerleader style" going on & on about how "brave" and "strong" the other women are, is just a little overkill!

It's all about the numbers...how much time each spends "on camera" and Ramona definitely knows all of the tricks to get the camera focused on her.

I missed part 3 as well.  Does anyone know when they are showing it again?  I do hate these shows but somehow I seem to want to "catch up" by watching these "farcical" reunions!  What can I say?  (It's also a good lesson on why my mom & dad made me watch my P's & Q's...LOL!)

I am still waiting.. it has been on but at crazy times like 1:00am  .. I am sure I can catch it on the show site and watch it there.  They have all the episodes there that you can watch.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 149

ASTRAEA wrote: Ramona just doesn't know when to just shut up!
_________________________________________________________________________________
Well, isn't that the truth!  LOL!  It really doesn't matter to her though...she appears never to feel a pang of conscience following any outrageous thing she says...even though the object of her remarks feels obvious pain from them!  She is a very strange woman.

“The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
War With Honour, 1940 ~ A.A. Milne
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 149
Prosecco62 wrote: 
It's all about the numbers...how much time each spends "on camera" and Ramona definitely knows all of the tricks to get the camera focused on her. 

I missed part 3 as well.  Does anyone know when they are showing it again?  I do hate these shows but somehow I seem to want to "catch up" by watching these "farcical" reunions!  What can I say?  (It's also a good lesson on why my mom & dad made me watch my P's & Q's...LOL!)

Hard to tell, especially with channels like E! and Bravo adding specials about Robin Williams to their line-up this week.

I appreciated that at least it was civilized last night; no horrific outbursts. Oh, one tense part was when Ramona had to weigh in on Aviva. She took her hand & started by saying how they'd been friends right off the bat, but then there was "evil Aviva" (don't remember the words Ramona used), and it was downhill from there. She was trying to get the point across that maybe Aviva needs to control that ugly side, but as soon as Ramona used that one negative word, Aviva pulled her hand away & said all bets were off on their friendship. Ramona just doesn't know when to just shut up!

Kudos
Views