Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Netflix TV Series.

Message 21 of 38

There are so many that are enjoyable,but my favorites have been Midsomer Murders, Father Brown, Doc Martin, Inspector Morse, and Broadchurch.  Guess I like those British mysteries!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 38

I'm currently following the Russian series called "The Sniffer"! A drama involving a rich police consultant who helps solved crimes using his analytical sniffing properties where there is no or very little crime scene physical evidence! I'm into season 2! I find it's nice that there are no commericals and most foreign series are a lot longer than US so the characters are more developed! I also like the Japanese animated series! I switch over to the German police drama "Berlin" for a binge break!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 38

I recently watched Rake and Secret City, both from Australia.  Rake is about the misadventures of barrister, Cleaver Greene and the people who come in and out of his life.  This show is funny, irreverent, sexy and poignant all at once.  There’s quite a lot of tawdry bits, so don’t watch if you’re not up for that.  Secret City is more serious and sadly, there’s only one season.  (Rake has four).  This show follows Harriet, a journalist for a print newspaper as she tenaciously investigates a friend’s death.  Her work takes her to increasingly more dangerous situations.  The show is fast paced and believable.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 38

I recently watched Rake and Secret City, both from Australia.  Rake is about the misadventures of barrister, Cleaver Greene and the people who come in and out of his life.  This show is funny, irreverent, sexy and poignant all at once.  There’s quite a lot of tawdry bits, so don’t watch if you’re not up for that.  Secret City is more serious and sadly, there’s only one season.  (Rake has four).  This show follows Harriet, a journalist for a print newspaper as she tenaciously investigates a friend’s death.  Her work takes her to increasingly more dangerous situations.  The show is fast paced and believable.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 38

@ra5989 wrote:

Lords and Ladles      

Historical Irish cooking with a modern touch, combined with some historical facts about the places the meals are being prepared. 

That sounds really interesting. Thanks for sharing. Have you tried making any of the recipes?

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 38

Lords and Ladles      

Historical Irish cooking with a modern touch, combined with some historical facts about the places the meals are being prepared. 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 38

Just watched Iverson the Documentary. Loved it!!   He was a phenom and thrilling to watch.  That is saying a lot from a Cleveland fan who has watched LeBron James.   

50 Best Documentaries on Netflix: Iverson joins the ranking

https://netflixlife.com/2016/04/14/50-best-documentaries-on-netflix-iverson-joins-the-ranking/

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 38

We like to watch mar de Plastico on Netflix!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 38

The Doctor Blake Mysteries are our pick for favorite foreign TV series.  Susan and Jim Massie

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 38

Our all time favorite is “McClouds Daughters” out of Australia! Wish we could see more episodes!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors