Medicare open enrollment ends Dec. 7! Get the information you need from AARP’s Medicare resource center.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Netflix TV Series.

Message 11 of 38

I'm LOVING "Call The Midwife" (BBC); binge-watching this while recovering from surgery.  Seen "Celia" (Spanish language), too;  looks very good.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 38

@KimR605104 wrote:

I'm currently following the Russian series called "The Sniffer"! A drama involving a rich police consultant who helps solved crimes using his analytical sniffing properties where there is no or very little crime scene physical evidence! I'm into season 2! I find it's nice that there are no commericals and most foreign series are a lot longer than US so the characters are more developed! I also like the Japanese animated series! I switch over to the German police drama "Berlin" for a binge break!

I saw that advertised and wondered about it..  thanks for the review!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 38

I love Doctor Blake! I look forward to Saturday nights when I can see it and Midsomer Murder on PBS.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 38

Many PBS TV programs can be watched online through the PBS app. In my home state of North Carolina the entire catalog of PBS shows is available to those  who subscribe to PBS Passport which requires just a measly donation of $5 per month. My monthly donation is drafted from my checking account, easy peasy. I expect every state has a similar program. I suggest inquiring with your local or state PBS station.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 38

Last Tango in Halifax ( England)

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 38

Wallander was one of my favorites. Really hated when the episodes ended.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 38

One of my all-time favorites is Doc Martin.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 38

Love foreign films nromally. But lately it seems that the CC text is flashes on the screen for only a couple seconds you spend the entire movie looking down at the text and never get to see the people talking or the scenery.  Impossible to enjoy a movie like that.  

Plus Netflix is removing the star review option making it painful.  Now you will have to start watching a movie and waste 10 - 30 minutes before you can tell if it is a 1 star movie. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 38
Our favorite is Doc Martin! Very entertaining and funny. Upset that we cannot watch future episodes. No available on Netflix
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 38

For some nice, lighthearted entertainment, watch Doc Martin (England) to add a few laughs to your day. 

Kudos
Views