From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Man in an Orange Shirt Masterpiece Theater

Message 1 of 4

I watched and was very interested  but lost interest when the story turned to the grandson.  The same  link was made in  A Place to Call Home, which I enjoyed.  I think simply I am much more drawn to drama which is not contemporary.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

Thank you for  recommending  the series  ladies.  I have  to get  caught up, but looks good 👍

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

Did you watch it last night .. I did?!

I thought both stories were touching, but it seemed a stretch to link them with the "like grandfather - like grandson" line. Did Flora ever mention what happened to Adams parents, so that she had raised him? Do we wonder why her husband Michael Berryman died so young?

The "quick & meaningless sex" scenes, and Adam's awkwardness with Steve, makes me wonder if that ties into the generality that women are used to developing close friendships with other women, but men aren't used to developing those types of relationships with other men. So he doesn't seem to know how to get started with Steve, without it being "just sex".

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Man in an Orange Shirt Masterpiece Theater

Message 4 of 4

Two love stories, 60 years apart, chart the changes and challenges in gay lives in England. Vanessa Redgrave stars in this drama scripted by best-selling novelist Patrick Gale. See the preview now, and watch the premiere of Man in an Orange Shirt Sunday, June 17, 9/8c.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/clips/man-in-an-orange-shirt-trailer/

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors