Getty Images and AARP present the Disrupt Aging Collection, a searchable photo collection that redefines what it means to get older. Take a look.

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Jamestown on PBS

Message 1 of 9

@LaDolceVita wrote:

"Plugs into the HDMI plug in on your regular TV.  You do have to sign in on your main computer or something easy to type on as you need password & ID for each service you subscribe to and its not easy to type with the remote.  No tech savy needed, really!"

Thanks for your confidence in my ability to  do that, but...LOL LOL LOL! Cat LOL HDMI??? sign in on the computer? OMG! My brain just does not handle stuff like that! I know I get some kind of "streaming" with Amazon Prime, but have no idea how to even do that. I'll just have to be satisfied with what I can get on the zillions of channels on my TV. N.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 9

@catwoman500  I have a Roku stick, about $30-40 on Amazon I think.  Comes with its own remote. Plugs into the HDMI plug in on your regular TV.  You do have to sign in on your main computer or something easy to type on as you need password & ID for each service you subscribe to and its not easy to type with the remote.  No tech savy needed, really!  There are a few free channels available on Roku but all of my TV time is spent on Acorn and PBS.  I am no longer able to get the live PBS channel so I subscribe, but they have tons of shows to watch under the Passport.  

@ASTRAEA  I kept wondering why none of the regular PBS watchers mentioned it. 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9

I don't have "streaming" either, and totally forgot about this series .. which I would have watched! Smiley Sad

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9

@LaDolceVita, Oh how I loved Home Fires! Cat Sad

So, do you have to have a smart TV to stream? Are you stuck watching on a computer or phone? I'm so out of it with all this newer tech stuff. N.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9

@catwoman500  I just switched to streaming a few weeks ago.  The equipment in my uverse bundle was continually breaking down!   I was mad enough to just cancel.  Spent hours on the phone each time one of the boxes broke.  Quite happy with the streaming, about 1/2 price.  I am using Direct vNow, Acorn for British shows and PBS for the Passport. 

@nyadrn  I am almost finished watching the first season.  I hope there is a season 2.  I am still distraught over Home Fires not returning!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9

@nyadrn, @LaDolceVita,

Diane's blurb said,

"The series—which is available exclusively for streaming—is appropriately titled Jamestown, and debuts March 23."

Then no wonder I never knew when it was on since I have no clue about "streaming!" Cat Tongue

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9

@LaDolceVita wrote:

I watched the first episode Friday on the Passport streaming service from PBS.  Anyone else watch when it was on live?  I am surprised it was not discussed by the PBS fans here.  I enjoyed the first episode although it started getting complicated toward the end with fighting over land, gold and power. Will continue to watch, I cannot resist period costumes, scenery.   It is the gritty side of Jamestown.

Hi

Don't remember this.

https://www.tvinsider.com/674394/jamestown-series-pbs-trailer-video/

The producers of Downton Abbey are bringing viewers a new PBS Distribution period drama series about three courageous, dynamic women who arrive in 17th-century Jamestown, Virginia, to begin new lives.

The series—which is available exclusively for streaming—is appropriately titled Jamestown, and debuts March 23.

"Taking viewers back to 1619 Jamestown, Virginia, Alice (Sophie Rundle), Verity (Naomi Battrick) and Jocelyn (Niamh Walsh) are among the first women to arrive in the English colony. Duty bound to marry the three men who have paid for their passage to the New World, they have little idea of what the future holds or the disruption their arrival is about to bring," PBS revealed about the show in a press release.

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9

@LaDolceVita, I remember it being previewed but then never saw when it was scheduled to be aired. N.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Jamestown on PBS

Message 9 of 9

I watched the first episode Friday on the Passport streaming service from PBS.  Anyone else watch when it was on live?  I am surprised it was not discussed by the PBS fans here.  I enjoyed the first episode although it started getting complicated toward the end with fighting over land, gold and power. Will continue to watch, I cannot resist period costumes, scenery.   It is the gritty side of Jamestown.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors