Honored Social Butterfly

Is Anyone Watching the Winter Olympics?

Sports  — Olympics Full Winter Olympics 2018 TV schedule: How and when to watch hockey, figure skating, skiing and other sports on NBC channels 

Here is NBC’s full television schedule for the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea. It is subject to change. Throughout the Games, you can find daily schedule updates with the latest listings on our Olympics page.

You’ll find television coverage on a range of outlets: NBC, NBCSN, CNBC, USA Network Network and the Olympic Channel. Online streaming is available at NBCOlympics.com and through the NBC Sports App, free of charge with authentication through participating pay-TV providers.

Click here for a viewer’s guide to find all the channels televising Olympics action on your cable or satellite system.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/winter-olympics-2018-schedule-nbc-channels-pyeongchang-hockey-fi...

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Recognized Social Butterfly

Yep!

I've been watching most nights. I like so many of the events. Of course the figure skating and the snowboarding events are favorites. Anything that has aerial tricks are so exciting. Shaun White and Chloe Kim are faves.

My friend is related somehow, I think a  second or third cousin, to Erin Hamlin, the luger who carried the US flag in the opening ceremonies.

I also like Adam Rippon, the figure skater who started out in PA. N.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I'm not too much for watching sports, but I do love the figure skating. It is so beautiful to watch - like a ballet on ice - and yet it takes enormous athletic ability and so many years of training, to do what they do. The pairs competition was truly amazing with all of the lifts and throws and spins.

Last night was the men's finals. Yuzuru Hanyu of Japan won the gold, the first man to win back-to-back Olympic gold medals since American skater, Dick Button in 1952! His program was spectacular! While the top competitors have similar athletic abilities to do the various jumps and other required elements, Hanyu was by far the most artistic, with attention to every detail. He made it look so easy!

If you missed it, and are so inclined, here is the video link -

https://www.nbcolympics.com/video/yuzuru-hanyu-flawless-olympic-free-skate-defend-gold

I'm looking forward to the Ice Dancing and Ladies competition later this week.

"Music can change the world because it can change people." - Bono
Honored Social Butterfly

Are you watching the Olympic games?

Do you have a favorite sport?

A favorite team or individual athlete that you follow?

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Silver Conversationalist

Am watching it sorta off and on.  I like the snowboarding quite a bit.

I was surprised to learn that some of the best competitors come from right here in SoCal.  Including 3 of the gold medal winners!  Seems odd - what with our climate being mostly warm and sunny   - and this Seol Olympic is in ice and snow.

We particularly like our local snowboarder Chloe Kim (Gold Medal winner) age 17 - who has the names of our granddaughter (Chloe) and daughter(Kim).  How could we not, huh?

Smiley Happy

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Online Community Refresh

Online Community has updated the site design in our discussions area to make it easier to connect, follow a conversation and access resources.

The new look and feel will be rolled out in multiple phases starting with these initial improvements in the conversations and replies levels.

Learn more about the new design today.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png