Silver Conversationalist

Good series on now

It's titled Yellowstone and has Kevin Costner (the guy who starred in that great movie "Dances With Wolves").  This is a Western - set in modern times. I think it is really well done for a tv series  and are just now into Season 2.  If you are offended hearing a female say the F word - don't bother watching.  This show is gritty, down and dirty - western ranch/cowboy life. There is huge cowboy/Indian conflict, political corruption and intrigue, beatings and killings,  There is love and pathos, extreme familial dysfunctionality,  great Western scenery, and some great dialogue.  

This is one of the better tv series we have come across in awhile.

Contributor

Seeing Costner in a TV show is great. This show has it all. Drama, betrayal, love, sex, intrege. So glad it's back and hope to see another year.  Great show!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Watched 1st season and really enjoyed it.  Now viewing 2nd season and continue to find this program 1st rate--especially, Kevin Costner--who has always been one of my favorite actors.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Agree.  Great series in the vein of "The Son", "Lonsome Dove" and "Longmier".  Language is tougher but we overlook it because of other apparent aspects of the show are realistic.  Love it and all other good westerns.  We don't have enough of them on TV/Cable.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I've enjoyed this series enormously! It reminds me a bit of a very gritty version of "Dallas". 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am a great fan of Kevin Costner and I have probably seen (and purchased) all of his movies that I am aware of.  I thoroughly enjoy the parts he plays. My favorite is No Way Out. Now I get the chance to see him in a TV series. Wonderful.  It is a good show and I hope it will continue for many seasons.

Alex M.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Binge watching season 1 now .....I really like this series.....love the scenery and all the cowboy action and the spirit of the Native Americans!  Good stuf!

0 Kudos

Yellowstone best series on paramount tv.  Love the family dynamics, and political players.  I can 't wait each week for it to come on.  If you haven't seen it yet binge the first season you will be glued to tv!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

This is an excellent series, there needs to be more like this and less of the mindless, ridiculous progerams the are out there now.

0 Kudos
Contributor

We watched the first season but decided that the language was too coarse and there was too much violence to go back this season.  I agree that the scenery is terrific and the political corruption and greed is interesting plus the conflict between the native Americans and the white Americans rings true.  

0 Kudos

I have watched 1 and a half shows, will not watch more.  Language too coarse and content not to my liking.  Thanks anyway.

0 Kudos
Contributor

What show are you talking about? I don’t see the name of the show indicated anywhere, just “good series on now”.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hi Cedge - 

Here is a copy and paste of my entire original post:

Good series on now
Message 22 of 22

It's titled Yellowstone and has Kevin Costner (the guy who starred in that great movie "Dances With Wolves").  This is a Western - set in modern times. I think it is really well done for a tv series  and are just now into Season 2.  If you are offended hearing a female say the F word - don't bother watching.  This show is gritty, down and dirty - western ranch/cowboy life. There is huge cowboy/Indian conflict, political corruption and intrigue, beatings and killings,  There is love and pathos, extreme familial dysfunctionality,  great Western scenery, and some great dialogue.  

This is one of the better tv series we have come across in awhile.

Contributor

Great series. Season 2 just ight surpass season 1. The language might prohibit some folks from watching but if you want to see the west as I believe it is today, this is a series for you. Sen the kids to bed early or DVR and watch later. Don't know if everyone has the Paramount channel but I have Comcast/Xfinity and it's on 452.
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos

I recently heard about this series and binge watched the first season!!!!  It is awesome. Great story, great acting and the scenery is awesome. Wish there was more quality shows like this.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I can't wait to see what Costner is going to do now that he found out he doesnt have Cancer! I pitty the doctor! His S&*! is week!!

I'm intrgied by his daughter and how ruthless she is! She definatly wears the pants. His young son is Crazey!

The first season was great. Action, drama and good acting. Glad the second season has started, will continue watching.

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

I take it this is not the Yellowstone show on the Natl Geo channel.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

No, this is the "Yellowstone" series on the Paramount channel but "Yellowstone Live" on National Geographic was also an excellent mini series.
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

0 Kudos
Contributor

What Network?

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Here you go 5876 :

The Paramount Network drama returns with its best demographic ratings ever and second-largest total audience.

The season two premiere of Yellowstone delivered some of the show's best ratings ever.

0 Kudos
Contributor

very enjoyable great summer show very glad to have it kevin C IS GREAT i will def. keep watching

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/yellowstone-scores-series-high-ratings-season-2-premiere...

Watched it.

Did not care for Bull being set lose in the Bar. I wish they would stick to cowboy/Indian conflict, political corruption.

Western scenery is great.

0 Kudos